(Topic ID: 310265)

Bon Voyage Stuck in Reset

By bowlingman88

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys, I've really made a mess of things and would be grateful for any direction you could give me.

The game was functional and I had played on it for hours, but the right flipper would sag when the ball would hit it in the up position and seemed like the flippers could both be stronger overall, so I decided to do a flipper rebuild.

Long story short, the game is stuck in reset mode and never starts a game.

I was an idiot and allowed a little solder blob to fall onto the first "Coin" relay and I'm wondering if that's my problem and I need to heat up the solder and use a desoldering pump to get it off of there.

Here is another key point: the game isn't supposed to attempt to start until you press the credit button, but instead, I plug it into the wall and flip the power switch and I don't have to hit the left flipper or hit the credit button or anything, it's just continual reset forever.

I've been working on this issue for hours and I'm so confused. Any help is appreciated. This is my first pin restore so I'm fully aware that something I stupidly did is what is causing the problem.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from bowlingman88:

I was an idiot and allowed a little solder blob to fall onto the first "Coin" relay and I'm wondering if that's my problem and I need to heat up the solder and use a desoldering pump to get it off of there.

That could well be the problem. I'd take that off before you do anything else and then see what you have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bon-voyage-stuck-in-reset- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.