Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
05475CCB-5822-4244-9ADA-EA39DC5A909D (resized).jpeg
bon yoy 1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PochuckValley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So I recently came into ownership of a Bally Bon Voyage. I have no idea how these machines work so I'm super lost. So many wires.

We had been resetting the credits by reaching into the back of the machine and spinning the credit wheel. Kinda crude, but it did the trick. One long weekend of drinking with friends and spinning the wheel resulted in the back glass lights no longer lighting up. The game still plays fine, but would be nice to get those lights back on.

The icing on the top of the cake; I had been getting my high score rising pretty consistently since owning the game. 80k, 83k, 87k, etc. So, back glass is out, I'm playing alone and I'm killing it. My last ball goes down and as the score starts to roll over 100,000 (5-digit score) I grab my phone to verify new high score only to realize the 100,000 light isn't on and my score shows 3400. I told my friends about my new high score of 103400 and they never believed the story.

I need to get this thing lit up so I can show them who is boss Please help me pinside

3 months later
#5 2 years ago

Switched all the fuses and still no lights

Pic of lock relay with game off

05475CCB-5822-4244-9ADA-EA39DC5A909D (resized).jpeg05475CCB-5822-4244-9ADA-EA39DC5A909D (resized).jpeg
#6 2 years ago

Also where would I find a replacement for this plastic post

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
5 months later
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

The lock relay is cooked. Pretty common because it is on all the time. I see switch blades bent in the lock relay. I would straighten them and adjust for good tension when closed. You will see 2 larger sets of contacts on the lock relay blades. 1 pair is for backbox lighting and one pair is for playfield lighting. Make sure both are clean and closing tightly.
Check fuses and fuse holders. If you haven't replaced fuse holders, do it. They are garbage at this point.

Replaced the lock relay and now it’s buzzing. Could this be from the contacts not touching?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PochuckValley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bon-voyage-lights-out?tu=PochuckValley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.