Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am helping a friend with his 1974 Bon Voyage EM pinball game. You can switch it on and them press the left flipper to light up the game and engage the lock relay. When you press the start button in the coin door, all the score reels zero out, the coin door relay engages and the ball in play lights up but it doesn’t eject the ball. Also none of the in game features work like flippers, spinner’s, pop bumper or register any points. I have checked all the coils for power, the fuses, cleaned all the contact points and confirmed that the relays works if activated manually. Can anyone offer any advice on where to check to active the play field and eject the first ball.

#2 1 year ago

Hi Glenn742 , Welcome to pinside!!

The Bon Voyage manual lists the startup sequence. Exactly how far is it getting?
https://www.ipdb.org/files/343/Bally_1974_Bon_Voyage_Installation_and_General_Game_Operating_Instructions.pdf

#3 1 year ago

The pinball database has a paginated schematic of this machine. On page 5 of 5 there are 2 normally closed switches in series that need to be checked that would disrupt playfield power.
Reset relay switch with R-W & Y-B wires.
Game over relay switch with Y-B & -B- wires.
Clean, inspect, and adjust switches if needed.

#4 1 year ago
#5 1 year ago

By following the installation and start up manual it looks like I am having trouble between steps 2f & 3. I am thinking the issue is either in the reset relay or score motor. I am trying to print a schematic of the score motor or find some info on the normally open and closed positions of the switches and their location. This is awesome information everyone thanks.

#6 1 year ago

For more help from me, I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2), Fedex ($6), or Office Depot
And not the paginated one on IPDB

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bon-voyage-game-wont-start-in-play-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.