Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrossman5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you buy a Bon Jovi pin?”

• Day One, Baby! 10 votes
      4%
    • Only if it plays like Kiss, Aerosmith, and GotG... 2 votes
      1%
    • I'll wait and see... 24 votes
      11%
    • I'll play it on route. 17 votes
      8%
    • Nope. No interest. 170 votes
      76%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Black-Sabbath-black-sabbath-12944133-800-634 (resized).jpg
    black-sabbath-sabbath-bloody-sabbath (resized).jpg
    FC0A28E6-C52F-4849-91AF-FBFC4153C9CA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171208_104824447_HDR (resized).jpg
    ADDB82C7-3DAC-48E0-94D1-B1FF69A35156 (resized).jpeg
    825 (resized).jpg
    Mullet.jpg
    Camero Mullet.jpg
    WS.jpg
    hell_band_2013 (resized).jpg
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I don't think the majority of pinheads are clamoring for Bon Jovi or Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden has it's followers and Bon Jovi might still be fun but neither are exactly slam dunk licenses. If either are made and the games are good I'll play them. Neither make me want to buy them though and I'm a big fan of music pins. If they are dream themes for others then that is great for them, I don't mind setting out a few releases. Not a big deal either way.

I disagree with Iron Maiden. It’s definitely a slam dunk when you get beyond North America. I think everyone will be surprised how well it would sell.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I disagree with Iron Maiden. It’s definitely a slam dunk when you get beyond North America. I think everyone will be surprised how well it would sell.

Are they big in Europe?

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Are they big in Europe?

Only a little. lol

FC0A28E6-C52F-4849-91AF-FBFC4153C9CA (resized).jpegFC0A28E6-C52F-4849-91AF-FBFC4153C9CA (resized).jpeg

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love Black Sabbath, but solo Ozzy is better for pinball!

not the music, Sabbath would be much better for pinball in my opinion, the Ozzy years anyway. Maybe a little Dio wizard mode "Die Young" multiball and "Zero the Hero" final wizard mode. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath LE I'm in.

black-sabbath-sabbath-bloody-sabbath (resized).jpgblack-sabbath-sabbath-bloody-sabbath (resized).jpg

Black-Sabbath-black-sabbath-12944133-800-634 (resized).jpgBlack-Sabbath-black-sabbath-12944133-800-634 (resized).jpg

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I would love a GnR pin. I'm a huge fan. I owned the DE one for a long time. It would be great to have a modern pin.
    I grew up a Bon Jovi fan but haven't listened to their music in years. Slippery When Wet was a great album. I think its makes for good pinball music.

I think GNR is still one of the best rock pins out there. I really dont' think there is a reason to remake it. Has a great layout. Great songs, great rules.

#106 6 years ago

Did a little research. Apparently Sterns target demographic for a Bon Jovi pin is underage girls drinking at a karaoke bar...

#107 6 years ago

Don’t be so quick to dismiss Bon Jovi’s popularity. I recall Wanted Dead or Alive and Livin’ on a Prayer winning and placing top ten in some huge songs of the decade and such countdowns I’ve heard on the radio in the past. They play the hell out of It’s My Life in Hong Kong and other Asian night clubs. Some of his songs are Anthems to people. I don’t know if those fans are buying pins but I recall myself laughing at the thought of Metallica and Aerosmith before they were introduced.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

Don’t be so quick to dismiss Bon Jovi’s popularity. I recall Wanted Dead or Alive and Livin’ on a Prayer winning and placing top ten in some huge songs of the decade and such countdowns I’ve heard on the radio in the past. They play the hell out of It’s My Life in Hong Kong and other Asian night clubs. Some of his songs are Anthems to people. I don’t know if those fans are buying pins but I recall myself laughing at the thought of Metallica and Aerosmith before they were introduced.

No doubt the music is not bad, it's just not a theme for pinball.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

No doubt the music is not bad

with the exception of livin on a prayer and wanted dead or alive which was only ok because of Young Guns its real bad.

Quoted from taz:

I recall myself laughing at the thought of Metallica and Aerosmith before they were introduced.

I'm not huge fan of either but I could see the potential as pin themes but Bon Jovi? no way. Its my Life

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

with the exception of livin on a prayer and wanted dead or alive which was only ok because of Young Guns its real bad.

I just had to type "Bon Jovi songs" in a google and I feel dirty. Besides your two, I remembered 'Runaway' & 'Bad Medicine' only. That's not a lt for such a "big" band.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I just had to type "Bon Jovi songs" in a google and I feel dirty. Besides your two, I remembered 'Runaway' & 'Bad Medicine' only. That's not a lt for such a "big" band.

"you give love a bad name" was huge. and certainly translates to pinball w/ a "shot through the heart" shot.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

"you give love a bad name" was huge. and certainly translates to pinball w/ a "shot through the heart" shot.

how about a "shoot me right between the eyes" shot when they make a Bon Jovi pin please. just kidding if enough people want it then I hope they get it. Ohhhh no I changed my mind kill me.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

"you give love a bad name" ...

Oh duh yeah of course. Don't know why that wasn't listed...I think that was the fist big one.

#114 6 years ago

If Iron Maiden's not a slam-dunk license then there is no such thing as a slam dunk license. That thing would be gone, blown out the door. As would Judas Priest, Ozzy, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. I think Slayer would be better and higher energy than all of them. (Slayers music is freakin awesome for those of you who may not know- Im just now realizing it because I could never get past the whole devil thing until like just last year or so, so I never cared to give em a listen). But you know the fan base of these bands, pinball Wizards though they may be, is getting old now - so better hurry on with any of these titles.

#116 6 years ago

FFS

Bon Jovi, The Cars, Dire Straits, The Moody Blues, and Nina Simone are the 2018 inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

We all know the place is a joke but BJ hall of fame...good lord.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I don't know how many of you watched the NHRA finals? But the clue to the next pin was all over a certain car. Yes I'm talkin TS pin.

TS?? and what car!

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love Black Sabbath, but solo Ozzy is better for pinball!

....if they only use his first 2 solo albums

#119 6 years ago

They should make a Rock Star pin, from the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202470/

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

They should make a Rock Star pin, from the movie.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202470/

If we're making B-grade Marky Mark movies into pinball machines, I prefer Invincible.

#121 6 years ago

The music from Rock Star is epic.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

The music from Rock Star is epic.

Stand up and Shout multi ball.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We all know the place is a joke but BJ hall of fame...good lord.

BJ hall of fame? That sounds like something I could get in front of.

#124 6 years ago

Is it April Fools already ? Gimme a friggin' break..... Maiden isn't going anywhere, Up The Irons !

Maiden is a global phenomenon and transcends to all age groups, similar to AC/DC. The oblivious can keep denying but it's true.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-in-top-10-highest-grossing-tours-of-2016-so-far/

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/earnings-attendance/iron-maiden-made-how-much-on-their-north-american-book-of-souls-tour

#125 6 years ago

I get that Iron Maiden has a big fan base, but outside of their dedicated fans, does the average person know any of their songs? I couldn't name one. I'm not a big fan of any of the music pins that have been made, but most of the songs on them are pretty familiar to me.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from resipsa:

does the average person know any of their songs? I couldn't name one.

No. I know 1 run for the hills and I think it's actually run to the hills. I know when it's Iron Maiden cause of the whiney voice & and overly British lyrics; and then I skip them.

Of course, I hit skip on Metallica too and that's a great pin.

3 weeks later
    #127 6 years ago

screw jon bovi! nobody wants this crap. Give me some real rock-n-roll pins. Zeppelin, rush, Floyd, ozzy, dio, priest are long deserved before this crap.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

So Bon Jovi may be next up at Stern instead of Iron Maiden. Will you be buying one for your collection?

Yes to Bon Jovi
    No to Maiden is my personal hell

#129 6 years ago

Nah I'll pass. I would way rather have iron maiden.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bon-jovi-pin-in-your-future/page/3?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.