Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrossman5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you buy a Bon Jovi pin?”

• Day One, Baby! 10 votes
      4%
    • Only if it plays like Kiss, Aerosmith, and GotG... 2 votes
      1%
    • I'll wait and see... 24 votes
      11%
    • I'll play it on route. 17 votes
      8%
    • Nope. No interest. 170 votes
      76%

(223 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Black-Sabbath-black-sabbath-12944133-800-634 (resized).jpg
    black-sabbath-sabbath-bloody-sabbath (resized).jpg
    FC0A28E6-C52F-4849-91AF-FBFC4153C9CA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20171208_104824447_HDR (resized).jpg
    ADDB82C7-3DAC-48E0-94D1-B1FF69A35156 (resized).jpeg
    825 (resized).jpg
    Mullet.jpg
    Camero Mullet.jpg
    WS.jpg
    hell_band_2013 (resized).jpg
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

We need a Black Sabbath pin first.

Now you have my attention.

#52 6 years ago

Enough with the band themes.

#53 6 years ago

With all due respect, Who the f*ck wants a Bon Jovi Pin?? I would love to see Sterns market analysis on that one...

#54 6 years ago

the answer is always the same for these types of questions.

You can never buy a game based on theme.

You can never buy a game based on theme.You can never buy a game based on theme.

You can never buy a game based on theme.You can never buy a game based on theme.

#55 6 years ago

Maybe as kind of a joke with the old 90s "big deal" artist that made those shitty DE pins.

#56 6 years ago

Guns N Roses plz.

They’re back, and there is a pinball pedigree there.

Plus the band members (at least Slash and Duff) like pinball and would probably give Stern or JJP a lot of access.

Bob Jovi feels like a really hard sell.

#57 6 years ago

I totally don't disagree with the general consensus, but think back to when Aerosmith rumor broke. The tone was almost the same amount of negativity, and lots of people that said "no way" ended up buying one.

#58 6 years ago

No bon jovi, no pet shop boys, no meatloaf, no justin bieber...

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I totally don't disagree with the general consensus, but think back to when Aerosmith rumor broke.

Well the issue is Bon Jovi is on the "cusp" of being classic rock. Techincally they're over, but they haven't been getting played on classic rock radio for that long; as opposed to Aerosmith whom many of us have grown up listening to.
    Of course that may just be my age and personal...growing up in the 80s Aerosmith was respected and Bon Jovi was "HAHAHAHA what is the cock rock shit?!?" Aerosmith I'm not a huge fan of but the game wasn;t the worst...BJ is an instant kill theme; would never be allowed in my house. It's rare I say that, but shit like WWE, Bon Jovi, Justin Beiber no way in hell.

Of course maybe closeted Bon Jovi fans could be lurking everywhere for all we know? But aga

#60 6 years ago

Wanted: Dead or alive is an awesome song tho.

#61 6 years ago

Man, Bon Jovi has been on the classic rock stations around here for a while.

I think the bigger issue is that they don’t have that rock icon status. They’re a band, and a long lasting one, with a couple well known songs... but they’re an 80s band, and not really an iconic one.

#62 6 years ago

Total click bait, well done OP lol

#63 6 years ago

I think my grandma might like it.....

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I totally don't disagree with the general consensus, but think back to when Aerosmith rumor broke. The tone was almost the same amount of negativity, and lots of people that said "no way" ended up buying one.

Aerosmith was a why are they doing that when there are far better music artists for a pin, but I may buy one if it's good. Bon Jovi is like why are they doing it as it will never sell and Im not buying that.

Personally, I hope they do it as I won't be tempted in the least to buy that game. No one cares.

#65 6 years ago

Slayer, Black Sabbath and Motorhead in that order please.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I think my grandma might like it.....

Well, she's the perfect demographic for pinball in general,

#67 6 years ago

Don’t stop the music! But please stop making music themed pins ....

#68 6 years ago

Bon Jovi although decent had way larger female fanbase I don think that makes a lot of sense in pinball. As far as music pins go if Stern wants my money it would be The Ramones, Nirvana and the best idea that they will never do is a Rock Band clone that I can download and buy songs/modes to suit my current taste.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Don’t stop the music! But please stop making music themed pins ....

Or at least slow down (after you get Iron Maiden out...). And if you can't slow down, can you please stop copying huge chunks of gameplay?

#70 6 years ago

You can stop making music pins after Iron Maiden. Of course when they sell more than metallica did, that will make them just want to make MORE music pins.
    kind of a catch 22.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Very true. I admit to laughing when it was announced, even as an Aerosmith fan. I also admit to buying the game and loving it.

#72 6 years ago

Stern seems to be working with Epic Rights. They already have 3 pins out from their roster (AC/DC, KISS, Aerosmith):

http://www.epicrights.com/roster/

Not sure how it would sell, but a Scorpions pin would be hard to pass up. They're also on the roster.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I totally don't disagree with the general consensus, but think back to when Aerosmith rumor broke. The tone was almost the same amount of negativity

big difference between Aerosmith and Bon Jovi, forget about Bon Jovi because it just won't happen. I hear ya as I would really like a Cannibal Corpse pin or maybe Six Feet Under and thats not happening either so better for you to make peace with it, oh and stop listening to Bon Jovi.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Not sure how it would sell, but a Scorpions pin would be hard to pass up. They're also on the roster

Wind of Change wizard mode? I haven't listened to Scorpions in 20 years. I vote for an Accept pin, but this can't be the translite on any model or I'm out.

825 (resized).jpg825 (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

Ha ha Funny enough the few forms of documentation I have show a name spelled a bit different than his stage name (John F Bongiovi Jr), but the home address, VIN, etc. confirm it

His real name is John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Iron Maiden can still fill arenas..

So can the WWE... how did that translation to pinball go? Just sayin.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Wind of Change wizard mode? I haven't listened to Scorpions in 20 years. I vote for an Accept pin, but this can't be the translite on any model or I'm out.

I'd expect that to be the cover of a George Michael album.

#78 6 years ago

Daddy I want the new TS pin. Ok daughter. How can I say no when your finally wanting to play pinball and we need young people to learn about pinball and need more woman involved. And there's kind of a woman's movement right now. Done deal. And price won't matter for most.

#79 6 years ago

Bowie pin could be excellent, maybe even just a Ziggy Stardust one.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Bowie pin could be excellent, maybe even just a Ziggy Stardust one.

Given the theatricality over his career, it could be an excellent pin. I'm sure the licensing is outrageous, though.

#81 6 years ago

Sounds like Rolling Stones all over again...

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Guns N Roses plz.
    They’re back, and there is a pinball pedigree there.
    Plus the band members (at least Slash and Duff) like pinball and would probably give Stern or JJP a lot of access.
    Bob Jovi feels like a really hard sell.

I would totally agree but that DE game is pretty good. Hell - i would want another though...

#83 6 years ago

I think they just need to do another heavy metal pinball machine and put 15 different Bands with real video footage.
    But don’t include bands from machines already made.

I’ll start with...
    Iron Maiden
    Scorpions
    You can fill in the rest..

I know I know licensing would be a bitch and costly but one could hope.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

His real name is John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.

Yes, I was making a comment toward the Seinfeld episode that was being referenced in the quote (If I recall correctly, Jerry discovers the name isn't spelled the same, and not actually the celebrity's car).

#85 6 years ago

I heard that the next pin is Justin Beiber........oh never mind I just heard it's ABBA.........ahhhh nope I guess it's Janet Jackson, let's discuss.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Not sure how it would sell, but a Scorpions pin would be hard to pass up. They're also on the roster.

I fawking love the Scorpions as they are my 3rd favorite band of all time. But I tell you. I don't think I want to see a scorpions pin out of anyone. Because there is a 60% chance, they will drop the ball and it will be a uneventful pile of shit. It's best if they leave my favorite themes alone, unless they really are going to put the money and time, into doing something good. Unique layout. Chalked full of interactive toys, Complete and good rules, with easy to understand storyline, yet deep enough to hold your interest for years. I'm already upset how they Dropped the ball with hobbit, Star Wars, Game of thrones and so far GOTG doesn't look all that interesting yet, but i'll wait until I play it. But it definitely didn't blow my balls off.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

I heard that the next pin is Justin Beiber........oh never mind I just heard it's ABBA.........ahhhh nope I guess it's Janet Jackson, let's discuss.

I hope so, so when they fawk it up, I don't care. I'd rather have a shit theme turn out to be a great game, than to have a great theme gone to shit.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I fawking love the Scorpions

Ohhhh I can picture such an awesome backglass for this one

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Bon Jovi sucks.

We need a Black Sabbath pin first.

I love Black Sabbath, but solo Ozzy is better for pinball!

#90 6 years ago

I'd rather a Judas Priest pin.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Ohhhh I can picture such an awesome backglass for this one

Euro cover of virgin killer? Everyone will think it's cracked.

#92 6 years ago

I want to see Bon Jovi in a pin, only if they are zombies to mop up on the next TWD code update.

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Euro cover of virgin killer? Everyone will think it's cracked.

Buy the pin, join Trudeau for a decades-long vacation!

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Buy the pin, join Trudeau for a decades-long vacation!

depends on where you live. It made it on an album cover, so can't be that bad.

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

depends on where you live. It made it on an album cover, so can't be that bad.

It made it on an album cover in what, the late 1970s or early 80s? No way it'd come close now, at least not in the US/Canada.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I'd expect that to be the cover of a George Michael album.

Since we’re going with album covers as translite art, here’s my nomination for the Prince pin:

ADDB82C7-3DAC-48E0-94D1-B1FF69A35156 (resized).jpegADDB82C7-3DAC-48E0-94D1-B1FF69A35156 (resized).jpeg

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

a Scorpions pin would be hard to pass up.

I disagree.

#98 6 years ago

Well much harder pass up than Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi will not sell well. It may sell worse than WWE, but I'm not sure on that one. It would be close.

#99 6 years ago

I made this on paint document a bon Jovi pin could look like this.

IMG_20171208_104824447_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20171208_104824447_HDR (resized).jpg

#100 6 years ago

I would love a GnR pin. I'm a huge fan. I owned the DE one for a long time. It would be great to have a modern pin.

I grew up a Bon Jovi fan but haven't listened to their music in years. Slippery When Wet was a great album. I think its makes for good pinball music.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bon-jovi-pin-in-your-future/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.