F1D558A0-4D04-4A2F-9CF9-918F21415EEA (resized).jpeg
C32E9E20-82E9-4741-AB82-64F9F7A12F8D (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Looking to make things prettier.

I’ve just RADCAL’ed:
1) TZ
2) WH2O
3) IJPA is next.

The old bolts aren’t as nice now that everything is shiny, and I’d like to get some chrome ones from pinball plating. I’m not sure what the correct cabinet (sides and front/coin door) and backboard bolts are and how many are needed for each one, as apparently this may vary.
Can I get some help, for a list of the correct sized bolts all round, for these 3 titles? I asked Chris at pinball plating if he might have a list for each game, like led or rubber kits do, but he doesn’t. Actually, here’s his reply:

“We kinda know sometimes what games use but I'm going to need your help to know for sure. Bally/Williams had a couple of different types of bolts they used for holding the playfields in, etc. If you can get me the number of bolts used where on each game and in what plating you need those bolts that will help a lot. The playfield bolts either have a weird shoulder on them or they are just threaded all the way to the bolt head. Get me whatever you can, glad to help make it happen.”

I’m a Metric man so I’m a little unsure about figuring out the right ones by their size. I’ve marked some just to make it clear, in case something wasn’t.

Thanks in advance

C32E9E20-82E9-4741-AB82-64F9F7A12F8D (resized).jpegC32E9E20-82E9-4741-AB82-64F9F7A12F8D (resized).jpegF1D558A0-4D04-4A2F-9CF9-918F21415EEA (resized).jpegF1D558A0-4D04-4A2F-9CF9-918F21415EEA (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Looking to make things prettier.
I’ve just RADCAL’ed:
1) TZ
2) WH2O
3) IJPA is next.
The old bolts aren’t as nice now that everything is shiny, and I’d like to get some chrome ones from pinball plating. I’m not sure what the correct cabinet (sides and front/coin door) and backboard bolts are and how many are needed for each one, as apparently this may vary.
Can I get some help, for a list of the correct sized bolts all round, for these 3 titles? I asked Chris at pinball plating if he might have a list for each game, like led or rubber kits do, but he doesn’t. Actually, here’s his reply:
“We kinda know sometimes what games use but I'm going to need your help to know for sure. Bally/Williams had a couple of different types of bolts they used for holding the playfields in, etc. If you can get me the number of bolts used where on each game and in what plating you need those bolts that will help a lot. The playfield bolts either have a weird shoulder on them or they are just threaded all the way to the bolt head. Get me whatever you can, glad to help make it happen.”
I’m a Metric man so I’m a little unsure about figuring out the right ones by their size. I’ve marked some just to make it clear, in case something wasn’t.
Thanks in advance
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve have two friends that have installed RADCALS. One counter sinks the bolts and puts the RADCAL over the top. I would be concerned if I ever needed to remove the bolt. The other does the traditional way of drilling a hole. I’m getting ready to install a set and I’m struggling to decide which way to go.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from dktop:

I’ve have two friends that have installed RADCALS. One counter sinks the bolts and puts the RADCAL over the top. I would be concerned if I ever needed to remove the bolt. The other does the traditional way of drilling a hole. I’m getting ready to install a set and I’m struggling to decide which way to go.

I'd be nervous as shit about mis-drilling the holes....

Probably looks better counter-sinking them - I don't know why you'd remove them once you've Radcal'd the thing...

If/when I try them, I'll countersink, i think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.50
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bolts-allocation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.