Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinbub
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210704_093946 (resized).jpg
    D3D43873-DDC7-47DA-8DF8-8CD57FAFB90D.gif

#1 2 years ago

I have seen variations of the phrase "I love it so much I am bolting it to the floor." I'm a bit of a newbie to pinball, so I have to ask...do people really do this, and if so, why??

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

.do people really do this

No.

It means the game is never leaving their collection.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

I have seen variations of the phrase "I love it so much I am bolting it to the floor." I'm a bit of a newbie to pinball, so I have to ask...do people really do this, and if so, why??

I'm fairly sure this is just a figure of speech; I think what most people mean by that is that "I love this game so much it is never leaving my collection (as if it were) bolted to the floor"

Edit: darn it Lloyd!

#4 2 years ago

It's a phrase of endearment... just like, "i'd kill for that!" Doesn't actually mean you would commit murder for something

#5 2 years ago

Wait…. None of you physically bolt your games to the floor? Huh. I guess I didnt need to drill holes in my floor then. At least nobody can steal my games now.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Wait…. None of you physically bolt your games to the floor? Huh. I guess I didnt need to drill holes in my floor then. At least nobody can steal my games now.

Sure they can.... just slide that Harbor Freight cart underneath it and remove all four legs! They'd need 4 new legs, buy hey... they have the pin!

#7 2 years ago

The best tool to use is a pistol=looking thing that drives threaded studs with a 22 shell charge.
    The worst repercussion to bolting them down is when you fall into them they don't slide or move and your head goes through the back glass.
    I only have one bolted down but wish I would have measured twice before the commitment.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The best tool to use is a pistol=looking thing that drives threaded studs with a 22 shell charge.

.27 caliber

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

.27 caliber

It's really the best smelling way to attach anything to concrete or steel. I love my Ramset Cobra+.

#10 2 years ago

Sorry, but thanks for a good laugh. You’ll cringe at this post down the road if you hopefully stay with the hobby. Wonder if anyone has really anchored a keeper to the floor - probably.

#11 2 years ago

This only works if you live on a boat.

#12 2 years ago
    D3D43873-DDC7-47DA-8DF8-8CD57FAFB90D.gifD3D43873-DDC7-47DA-8DF8-8CD57FAFB90D.gif
    #13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

This only works if you live on a boat.

You beat me to it!
    Houseboat!
    Hahaha!
    Great question.
    This is the right place, there are no dumb questions.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

It's a phrase of endearment... just like, "i'd kill for that!" Doesn't actually mean you would commit murder for something

Speak for yourself! My lawyer has had a hell of a time with my case. It’s been difficult to make the jury understand... that Apple pie my grandma made was so damn good, I went out and assaulted 2 people, killing one of them.
    Worth it!

#15 2 years ago

Some people say things like "I'm going to be buried in this one" in reference to their machine never leaving.
    I'm still wait for one of you fuckers to die and see pictures of you being lowered into the ground in an Addams Family cabinet.

#16 2 years ago

I bolt them to the ceiling, Australia style. My BK2K isn't leaving, neither is my Australian Kelpie.

IMG_20210704_093946 (resized).jpgIMG_20210704_093946 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bolting-to-the-floor?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.