Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pugsley
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ATT00018.jpeg
    fontbomb.png
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

The police cannot help you. Items put out to the curb are considered to be "abandoned property" by the courts. Thats how the cops bust so many people for marihuana...by grabbing their trash bags at night after getting anonymous phone tips and then going thru them for evidence which results in a search warrant. I'm a retired cop and know it to be true.
    You might have to look at some type of civil action unless all of our pinball sites can be alerted to this issue and some type of marking (manufacturing date, color coding of board etc) to steer buyers away. Its hard to believe that Ebay will not block these sales. Maybe the police would consider it a "fraud" which might result in Ebay banning him. Talk to an investigator at the cop shop instead of the guy at the front desk? At least fraud would be considered a felony and then possibliy taken more seriously by Ebay.

yup, I was just going to say this. Once it's on your curb it's fair game for everyone.

#52 11 years ago

They weren't kidding when they said "one mans trash, is another mans treasure".

He has a ton of religious stuff has for sale too. Anyone interested in the bible on cassette? or lord teach us to pray? The irony.

#53 11 years ago

A Cassette what am I "a high roller", I just bought a 8 track player. Sounds like he's a dumpster diver. Maybe if he had "Hot Dog the movie" on beta max ill buy it

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

A Cassette what am I "a high roller", I just bought a 8 track player.

Unfortunately 8 tracks are obsolete now that cassettes are all the rage. Check Best Buy, they're sure to have some.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

He has a ton of religious stuff has for sale too. Anyone interested in the bible on cassette? or lord teach us to pray? The irony.

That is funny!

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, I was just going to say this. Once it's on your curb it's fair game for everyone.

Wouldn't this vary from municipality to municipality? I can't imagine the laws are the same everywhere.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

» YouTube video

hahaha best show ever. those guys kill

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

» YouTube video

I love trailer park boys. I cant wait for the third movie there filming now. Good clip. Lets steal bbq grills and sell them at the flea market.

#60 11 years ago

DOOD!..Check out what I found in the trash!!!....Cool huh, duhya think we can sell it on Ebay?

ATT00018.jpegATT00018.jpeg

#61 11 years ago

Looks like a 125.00 topper for Big Buck Hunter. Great find

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

Looks like a 125.00 topper for Big Buck Hunter. Great find

Nah, that's a prototype, worth $200+

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

DOOD!..Check out what I found in the trash!!!....Cool huh, duhya think we can sell it on Ebay?

I don't know man. I have feeling that part's gonna screw up your pin worse than XPin's bunk garbage parts. I might have to report that to ebay

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

If it were me I would be putting that cub down. Mama in the background doesn't look happy!!

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

» YouTube video

Haha

#66 11 years ago

Here's another idea to deal with this seller:

For every one of the products he's selling online, create your own online auction with a similar title/keywords. Then add a "BEWARE" section in your auction that warns people that there are other sellers out there that "may" be selling defective products that were salvaged from the trash. People who do searches will see both auctions and figure out what's going on.

1 week later
    #67 11 years ago

What's the status on this?

#68 11 years ago

I've also heard that eBay has a special service for manufacturers where they can sign up for a program where they can be the only, exclusive source for certain branded products online and stop third-party selling. This might be worth looking into. Hopefully my contact there will help.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

» YouTube video

I was thinking the exact same thing but you beat me to it!

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bogus-xpin-reseller-on-ebay/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.