Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

health-alert-youre-taking-crap-wrong-is-you-poop-properly.w654.jpg
FNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpg
Screenshot 2013-11-29 12.35.13.png
Screenshot 2013-11-29 12.37.09.png
BT_3_bogus.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Dearest Pinside community...
I thought Robin invented the "bogus ratings" to allow the community to vote away the "1" and "10" ratings that dirty the ratings on games, since no game is ever a 1 or 10 -- not to mark ratings we disagree with, because they aren't high enough for pins we own.
I just reviewed my 23 ratings, most of which have clear explanations for the ratings. Of my 23 ratings, almost all are 7 through 9 -- with a few exceptions -- I see that my (5.992) rating for WOZ got 5 "bogus" ratings. Completely hilarious.
This means there are at least FIVE soul-crushed WOZ owners out there, who will mark your rating "bogus" if you don't give their game a high rating -- you will get voted off their fantasy island of "OMG. my pin rulez, you are the one who is bogus!"
I guess I'll submit a feature request to Robin that we allow our "bogus ratings" to be reviewed so that Robin can pinpoint the people who are abusing the bogus button -- and "undo" ratings from people who mark them against ratings that are "well-thought out, and are simply not a 1 or 10."
Just hilarious...
-mof

Don't mean to crush your soul but Diner is no 9.5!! I'm gunna have to hit you with a bogus rating on that one
"Just hilarious"

6 months later
#94 9 years ago
Quoted from scf:

Until the sea of WOZ Haters stepped up in mass to do everything possible to keep WOZ ratings down, I used to consider Pinside a credible place to learn about a machine. I just saw a 4.66 rating for WOZ. Come on…really? These IMO bogus ratings come complete with back-handed compliments and other bipolar perspectives. WOZ is full of sub 6 ratings that actually use the words AMAZING and IMPRESSIVE in the write-up. Face it folks, WOZ just redefined the pinball machine. It is OK for us to still love our old machines (I have 15 now including TZ and over 75 since collecting) but don't disrespect pinball, pinside's rating system, and JJP just because all of our old pinball machines just got older.
JJP -- If you are listening…keep up the great work and thank you for opening up a new chapter in the world of pinball.
Pinside -- I am not sure there is anything you can do to right the ship. Perhaps better analytics to detect the manipulation of ratings. WOZ, for example, has seen more rating manipulation than any other machine (cause it so drastically challenges everything we thought we knew about pinball) almost suggesting that its current 8.279 rating would normalize to around a 9.2 if delivered in the hey-day of the 90s. I suppose that's why a machine with no supply limits sells for nearly 2x what the other top machines sell for in scarce supply…hmmm…perhaps that says it all right there.

Maybe they can set up a WOZ fan club only ratings page where only ratings of 10 and higher are allowed
Anything less will simply not be tolerated! and when WOZ finally rates a perfect 10 you will realize it doesn't freakin matter and it never did.
Enjoy the games you love and try not to let other peoples opinions bother you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bogus-ratings?tu=concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.