Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

health-alert-youre-taking-crap-wrong-is-you-poop-properly.w654.jpg
FNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpg
Screenshot 2013-11-29 12.35.13.png
Screenshot 2013-11-29 12.37.09.png
BT_3_bogus.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caucasian2step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

As someone who LOVES to write pinball reviews. I've got a few things to say. You have been warned... HA!

1) I see reviews as a representation of a person's pinball "Philosophy". Personally (as a person who loves pinball) I am all about the game within the box. Do I have biases... yes. Do I find games that exceed or alter my expectation, I certainly do. Especially older games from the 50's and even the 40's. I usually don't care for these games, but the more I seek out games to review, these are the ones that I am finding, playing and spending time with to put together an honest assessment. I am not starting to understand why some collectors focus on these decks. The oldest game in my collection is from 1963 and if I found a great playing game that was older, I'd seriously consider buying it. In line with my personal pin-philosophy, I have altered the importance of certain aspects of my own ratings (reduced the importance of the cabinet and increased the value of game play) to reflect this point of view.

2) I don't take anything that anyone says here personally. I love pinside and all the characters that inhabit it, but in the grand scheme of life, no one here has any real effect on my life. People that get their panties in a twist over things like this are very silly people and should be mocked for the fools they are. Part of this has to do with my own pinball journey through life. A while ago I earned the reputation for being an angry player. I'd take out my frustration on games. This got to the point where people would have to take me to the side and set me straight. I stopped getting invited to events because people believed I'd abuse their games.

I like my friends.
I had no excuses for my behaviour.
Real change had to come from within.
I work on it every day because every day I do, the further away from that emotional retard that I had let myself become.

This is what I see when I see people do things like this on pinside, or RGP, or IPDB or in real life. I see part of me that I really don't like. So I laugh at them as I laugh at myself. I forgive them for being having a low EQ as I do sometimes. I try to be the best I can to them, because that is what they usually want (good and real attention as compared to just any kind of attention). Lastly, I love them for who they are and that's that. I love you too. I sincerely try to practice that honest love to everyone I meet. Unless you are an douchenozzle, of course...

3) When I say things that are mocking or negative, I do it with a smile on my face. You know... as a joke. Get it? The more people get angry about things like this the funnier it is and the joke is on them. The joke will continue to be on them until they get it. You are not Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. You are a pinhead. Pinheads are big kids who play with big box toys. I have certainly have met a few characters in the pinball community. I even had one treat me really badly. But that was him, not me. Out of all the pinheads I have come across in my life I have NEVER met a mean pinhead. I have met some incredibly intense competitors, but they are not mean. They just really want to win so badly that they forget who they are in the process sometimes. Not that "I" have ever done something like that before. Nope. Not me. Ever. (Psssst... that was a joke.) In summary this string needs a review as only Caucasian2Step can do the voodoo that pinside loves, so well.

The Pros:
We are playing pinball.

The Cons:
We forget we are playing pinball.

The Takeaway:
Hey, it's only pinball!!! - Rudy

#52 10 years ago

Yep... I update my ratings as I deem fit. Sometimes I only get to play a single copy of the deck. Other times I get to play a game I haven't seen in years. Sometimes there are software revisions and other times a game is taken care of as it should be and plays differently than it had in a less than ideal state of operation.

I keep the old reviews and add on to the history of my experience with the deck . A review is not an absolute.

#75 10 years ago

One of the coolest things about ratings for me is that I'm now always on the hunt to play a new game wherever I go. When I find a table that I haven't played before it's an "Automatic Great Day" for me. I feel like I'm a 6 year old kid with a pocket full of quarters at the roller disco. I'm giddy and then I do the happy pinball dance as I get to play a "new" game and take some notes so I can write a review. Depending on the experience playing the game ... This can be a thing of beauty or a glorified rant. Either way, I'm gonna enjoy sharing the experience and I can't wait to find a "new" pinball game again.

At least, that's how it works for me!

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Really love reading your reviews my friend, thanks for taking the time to really go into depth which each machine you rate, and sharing it with the community, I remember one night I started reading your reviews and by the time I was finished it was like 6 in morning, and I didn't realize because they were so in depth and interesting, Keep up the good work, hope to read a few more in the future...cheers...

Thank you. You just made my day.

Now go play some more pin!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caucasian2step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bogus-ratings?tu=caucasian2step and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.