(Topic ID: 299201)

Bobby Orr's Power Play - no reset after tilt + bigger problems

By DropTarget

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DropTarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking at a Bobby Orr's Power Play in a few days. The current owner says that the game tilted with the up post in the up position, and the ball trapped against it. Now the game won't reset or coin up.

Any ideas?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

It’s likely stuck in tilt. Check the plumb bob and the ball tilt and see if those switches are closed.

Makes sense. I'll check. TY

#4 2 years ago

Update:

I saw the machine, apparently the machine just kinda gave up the ghost in the middle of a ball. Here are the symptoms. No displays, although can see glow. Self test button does nothing. Doesn't coin up.

I can't get into the back box at the moment. Will more than likely have to drill the lock. Based on the above issues, would you suspect MPU? Power supply? Connectors? Just a fuse (hehe)?

TIA

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Tell them Bill sent ya.

Will do.

I'm trying to get the game going for it's new owner.
It worked for two days, then crapped out in the middle of a ball.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

First step is to get into the BB. Once there examine the MPU board especially the battery. If you can't find anything obvious post a video of the backbox and boards. Focus on the LED on the MPU flashing on boot. Should flicker and flash 7 times.

Sure, IF I can get into it!

I'll probably bring an MPU from my Speakeasy to verify.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DropTarget.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-s-power-play-no-reset-after-tilt-stopper-up?tu=DropTarget and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.