296B8E7A-4B80-48A7-8DCE-5164D3DA380E (resized).jpeg
FACD972B-57EA-4BF2-B715-6C3D361416D0 (resized).jpeg
3153675E-1324-4E49-A753-50C8F7FA26D1 (resized).jpeg
17269161-95A0-4E44-86D2-F2AF1E11E1D8 (resized).png
76107E09-1C67-478F-BF7F-3AC950F93A29 (resized).jpeg
BEC04C66-9D02-4B13-9E16-A402CB4C6258 (resized).jpeg
523E2099-2F52-4DB2-90F2-5F725D225F60 (resized).png
FD13BEEC-7718-4CA2-AAE0-8ABFF96FAD65 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

I restored one several years back and still have it today. All Altek boards, NOS Kruzman cleared playfield. The backglass is near perfect and I left the decal on it that was put on by a distributor in Canada. Just thought the decal was neat looking so I left it.

IMG_1554 (resized).JPGIMG_1554 (resized).JPGMachineFront2 (resized).JPGMachineFront2 (resized).JPGDSC08337 (resized).JPGDSC08337 (resized).JPGCabinetFront (resized).JPGCabinetFront (resized).JPGDSC08335 (resized).JPGDSC08335 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I'm in. I've had it for about 10 years. Found a NOS glass a couple of years ago, installed a CPR playfield, painted cabinet and had it chromed out.
If anyone has a nice set of custom score cards that they could send me a scan of, I would appreciate.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice looking machine! Never seen anyone swap out the traditional white/red pop cap for white/green

Something to consider on your coin door, put another price plate on the left side and then in the middle put the BALLY logo one https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-826-BALLY

Looks a lot better then the blank steel plate imo.

PICT0929 (resized).JPGPICT0929 (resized).JPG
#32 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I've only noticed two errors in there playfield art so far...

Curious as to what errors you found? When I did mine I had a NOS so never seen a CPR one.
DSC08337 (resized).JPGDSC08337 (resized).JPG

Quoted from woz:

Any tips or issues I should be aware of while doing the swap?

I found doing the swap fairly easy, just take your time. One recommendation would be to use all new ground braid and light sockets.
PICT0836 (resized).JPGPICT0836 (resized).JPG
If you want to go nuts you can have all the stickers for the assemblies added back on. Just go to http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/ and you can download them, send them to a local print shop (i.e. FedEx Office) or print them yourself onto a decal sheet. Just depends on how anal you want to get.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

mesz Thanks for the tips. With the current lockdown getting lamps sockets and other parts from the US may be a problem so I will re-use the existing braid and replace individual sockets. I may design my own lamp PCB to replace them completely.
I'll pass on the assembly decals as I think I know what the parts are. I don't worry too much about the under playfield experience

Yeah not sure how this is effecting shipping to Canada but I can tell ya I have ordered from Marco and PBR in the past week and received immediately. I've found in swapping the existing ground braid you'll get some of the strands that will break so just found it better to replace.

Quoted from woz:

I'll pass on the assembly decals as I think I know what the parts are. I don't worry too much about the under playfield experience

This is understood as most people are the same. This machine was something I knew I wouldn't sell so I went all out on it. Replacing basically everything with new parts, down to the screws and other hardware (used all stainless steel). I call it my "went stupid restoration".

Quoted from woz:

CPR playfield is missing the yellow in the blue feather (it was on the art submitted but may have been on a separate layer that was turned off maybe). Also the white is missing around the lower lane guide slots.

I do see in Tyamry photo above (post #28) where the yellow is missing in the feather. Wonder what happened here as when I look at CPR's website the yellow is in the feather...https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/bopp/#playfield

As for the white missing around the lower lane guide, I am not seeing this in Tyamry's photo. I may just be missing it?!!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Looks like CPR must have fixed the yellow feather in subsequent production runs; my playfield was from the initial run.
Here's a pic of the original playfield with white around the rollovers; the repro is missing the white and is just bare wood.[quoted image]

I see now looking at a picture of my pf it does have the white. I'd say though that them missing the white might be for the better as once it starts to wear it would be that much more noticeable.

Also appears the white text-shadow in ADV BONUS and DOWN POST is missing

I can't imagine recreating the artwork for these things. The time it takes and all! If I were doing it I would lose interest, be drinking beer, watching hockey (remember when hockey was on TV?) and you would wind up with a Cowboy face instead of the Indian on the playfield. In short, I can see how things like this are missed. Whether it was the artist or even the person cutting out the screens.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

IIRC when David Eisner was redrawing the art we decided that the white shadow around the text was due to misalignment on the original screens as it didn't seem consistent among pictures and samples we had at the time. Let's call it "artistic impression" rather than an error

You're the one that started the whole "what errors are there" so I want credit for the shadow text damn it!

3 weeks later
#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Pictures of my CPR from the last run. Yellow feather, check. White in drain/save lanes, nope.
Shawn[quoted image][quoted image]

Honestly I think the white not being there looks better. The white shadow on the originals looks off. The yellow in the feather IMO is an ordeal so good to see that this was corrected!

2 weeks later
#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

was wondering if any one has seen this before...caulk on coils on underside of playfield mostly covering diodes and also the crazy big wire attached to the top out hole on powerplay ? it's 3 feet long and doesn't attach to anything else...just a loop???[quoted image][quoted image]

No reason for either of those hacks so remove them. The cord wire, if it's doing anything, once removed you will find out then you can fix it properly.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

anyway...would some kind soul help out with some under playfield pics of the lower flipper wiring?

unfortunately this is the best I can do with pictures as my machine is back East so I can only share the ones I have saved to my PC. Click on the pictures and then zoom in...might help!

PICT0834 (resized).JPGPICT0834 (resized).JPGPICT0835 (resized).JPGPICT0835 (resized).JPGPICT0836 (resized).JPGPICT0836 (resized).JPGPlayfiledFullUnderside (resized).JPGPlayfiledFullUnderside (resized).JPG
1 month later
#70 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Thanks to Randy_G for the heads up that CPR had put these on their website, so I was able to snag one. They sold out again in less than 3 days. I also bought a new backglass and plastics. I'm impressed with the digital printing it looks great. My only complaint is they go to all this trouble to remake this playfield but don't bother to align artwork it at the bottom around the pop up bumper hole between the flippers. I have seen other pictures and they all appear to be this way. Still way better than what I had, just wish their attention to detail was a little better. (I also bought a Meteor playfield from them and it has missing target values by the upper drop targets)
[quoted image][quoted image]

The yellow on that playfield looks really washed out (faded).

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Any one know when CPR is going to have more BOPP playfields? The website says they are doing another run, but when?

You try sending an email to CPR? All you're going to get here is speculation, unless Kevin happens to see this.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Overall I am very happy with mine. You would think maybe they could get around to fixing the registration on the bottom. Here's a pic of mine from the first digital run. Same thing. And at the right angle/light one can clearly see the back and forth lines of the printer. My biggest problem at this moment is cleaning all the clear coat out of the ten rollover holes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The clear-coat is always an issue no matter who does the clear-coating job as someone needs to clean it up before the star rollovers can be installed.

Your playfield looks better than ita47 ... comparing your yellow to his, his looks like the yellow ink ran out, unless it's just the way he captured the picture!

11 months later
#88 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Has anyone installed Red LED displays in their BOPP? I like the looks of the blue like WhiskeyPinball and bbriese used, but I am curious how Red would look as well. I am planning on using the Pinitech Uno displays, just trying to decide what would look the best. I'm hoping Randy_G will post a pic of his with the red and blue displays as well.

MachineFront2 (resized).JPGMachineFront2 (resized).JPGPICT0903 (resized).JPGPICT0903 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#116 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflstfi:

I wanted to post some photos (without the glass) of my BOPP after giving it a well deserved shop. I’ve owned this machine for around 20 years. It’s a player-grade machine. The previous owner was a smoker and the playfield has that nicotine patina that you sometimes see. Anyway, I’d always cleaned the PF with Milwax because that’s what I was taught back when I worked in arcades as a kid. That or Wildcat. This time, though, I used Vid’s playfield cleaning thread. Naphtha and then two coats of Blitz. Very happy with how it turned out. Spent yesterday washing all the plastics and getting the old Milwax off the posts. New rubbers, bulbs, and drop targets. (One had broken)
Looks better than it has in a long time.
Next big project is LED score displays.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you ever get really ambitious and tear down the topside of the playfield use the following in order:

Meguiars - 65 cut
3M - Perfect It Polishing Compound
3M - Perfect It Ultra-fine Polishing Compound
Finish with a Carnauba wax

You'll be amazed how much of a difference it will make! You'll see Bobby Orr from the backglass clearly in the playfield.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflstfi:

I don’t know if I’d ever get that ambitious because I’m too worried about getting into the paint. I might be over cautious, though. Appreciate the suggestion!

No worries on the paint. I have done playfields with a lot of wear spots and what not without any damage to the paint. Look at your pf and if you don't have bubbling of paint or severe planking you're good to go. If you ever get to the point you want to do it PM me and I'll walk ya through it. Very easy to do. A tad time consuming due having to take the topside of the pf apart but BOPP is an easy one to do that on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 179.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-s-power-play-club?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.