296B8E7A-4B80-48A7-8DCE-5164D3DA380E (resized).jpeg
FACD972B-57EA-4BF2-B715-6C3D361416D0 (resized).jpeg
3153675E-1324-4E49-A753-50C8F7FA26D1 (resized).jpeg
17269161-95A0-4E44-86D2-F2AF1E11E1D8 (resized).png
76107E09-1C67-478F-BF7F-3AC950F93A29 (resized).jpeg
BEC04C66-9D02-4B13-9E16-A402CB4C6258 (resized).jpeg
523E2099-2F52-4DB2-90F2-5F725D225F60 (resized).png
FD13BEEC-7718-4CA2-AAE0-8ABFF96FAD65 (resized).png
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

was wondering if any one has seen this before...caulk on coils on underside of playfield mostly covering diodes and also the crazy big wire attached to the top out hole on powerplay ? it's 3 feet long and doesn't attach to anything else...just a loop???

unnamed (12) (resized).jpgunnamed (12) (resized).jpgunnamed (13) (resized).jpgunnamed (13) (resized).jpg
#52 3 years ago

It looks like someone was worried about the coil diodes moving and who knows what the lamp cord was for. Be careful with it - more than likely there’s coil voltage on it.

I would not try to remove the caulk unless it’s soft or the diode is bad. Otherwise you will likely damage the diode.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

was wondering if any one has seen this before...caulk on coils on underside of playfield mostly covering diodes and also the crazy big wire attached to the top out hole on powerplay ? it's 3 feet long and doesn't attach to anything else...just a loop???[quoted image][quoted image]

No reason for either of those hacks so remove them. The cord wire, if it's doing anything, once removed you will find out then you can fix it properly.

#54 3 years ago

Say what??? There's a club for this game too? I bought this game (complete with an "Out Of Order" sign) from an arcade in 1986 back when I was in college, so might i be one of the longest standing club members? Plus I got Bobby Orr to autograph this topper for me several years ago. So needless to say this one's been around so long it's got some sentimental value. And I love those early SS chime games.

20200430_194705 (resized).jpg20200430_194705 (resized).jpg20200430_194717 (resized).jpg20200430_194717 (resized).jpg
#55 3 years ago

finally got this machine working good. plays good. missing one thing the knocker! Does everybody disconnect the knocker?
need a pic of knocker and the wiring. think i need to add it. machine is not the same without a knocker, whats the point of special without a knocker?

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

finally got this machine working good. plays good. missing one thing the knocker! Does everybody disconnect the knocker?
need a pic of knocker and the wiring. think i need to add it. machine is not the same without a knocker, whats the point of special without a knocker?

Found mine in the head! And yes, they are often the source of a lock up and fuse blow so some folks will just snip the wires. Look on the left side in the head up by the CPU.

#57 3 years ago

previous owner decided to do some re-wiring on the lower flippers on this power play with LAMP CORD!
and also covered the coil diodes with silicon caulk(not sure why)?

anyway...would some kind soul help out with some under playfield pics of the lower flipper wiring?
Thank you so much!

my left lower flipper energizes once then falls down(will not stay up)
perhaps a diode or issues with the wiring?

unnamed (1) (resized).jpgunnamed (1) (resized).jpgunnamed (2) (resized).jpgunnamed (2) (resized).jpg
#58 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No reason for either of those hacks so remove them. The cord wire, if it's doing anything, once removed you will find out then you can fix it properly.

you were right...it (the lamp wire) was not doing anything! it's gone!

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

anyway...would some kind soul help out with some under playfield pics of the lower flipper wiring?

unfortunately this is the best I can do with pictures as my machine is back East so I can only share the ones I have saved to my PC. Click on the pictures and then zoom in...might help!

PICT0834 (resized).JPGPICT0834 (resized).JPGPICT0835 (resized).JPGPICT0835 (resized).JPGPICT0836 (resized).JPGPICT0836 (resized).JPGPlayfiledFullUnderside (resized).JPGPlayfiledFullUnderside (resized).JPG
#60 3 years ago

check post #23 by jaydee very nice pics!

Quoted from Randy_G:

previous owner decided to do some re-wiring on the lower flippers on this power play with LAMP CORD!
and also covered the coil diodes with silicon caulk(not sure why)?
Thank you so much!
my left lower flipper energizes once then falls down(will not stay up)
perhaps a diode or issues with the wiring?[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#61 3 years ago

Any word when CPR will be releasing the current run of Power Play playfields?
Just took one into the shop that needs a new playfield badly.

#62 3 years ago

does anyone know what the original color was for the pop up ball saver on BOPP?
they are available in red and orange>
thanks

#64 3 years ago

I am about to list my Bobby Orr for sale. PM me if interested.

2 weeks later
#65 3 years ago

I guess I joined the club a while back but never posted. I picked this up at an auction in 2018. It is rough, missing the backglass and had a huge mouse nest on the playfield. It sat untouched until a few months ago. I almost have it playing now. I am waiting for CPR to release the next batch of playfields so I can start the complete restoration. I will also be picking up a CPR backglass and plastics set for it.

image_123923953 (resized).JPGimage_123923953 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#66 3 years ago

another winner from Wolffpactech!

just finished the first display for my Bally Power Play!

The reasoning behind the different colors I ordered was that team Canada will be the Blue displays and Chicago Blackhawks all stars will be the red!

An original "6" matchup!

And for the heck of it, orange for the credit/ball in play!

Assembled and tested...works great!

Included pic of failing display to replace...

My soldering skills are getting better all the time thanks to you!

Thank you for great products!

Stay safe ...stay healthy!

#bobby orr power play

097efbfe55e79c55fa41fd02de3d43e24317bf7d (resized).jpg097efbfe55e79c55fa41fd02de3d43e24317bf7d (resized).jpg114c27d9f28ba630939308a335bfb9d42f43438c (resized).jpg114c27d9f28ba630939308a335bfb9d42f43438c (resized).jpgf8498ed99abf64c1359061ea6fdc47f7183b8495 (resized).jpgf8498ed99abf64c1359061ea6fdc47f7183b8495 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Randy_G:

another winner from Wolffpactech!
just finished the first display for my Bally Power Play!
The reasoning behind the different colors I ordered was that team Canada will be the Blue displays and Chicago Blackhawks all stars will be the red!
An original "6" matchup!
And for the heck of it, orange for the credit/ball in play!
Assembled and tested...works great!
Included pic of failing display to replace...
My soldering skills are getting better all the time thanks to you!
Thank you for great products!
Stay safe ...stay healthy!
#bobby orr power play[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Let’s see them installed and lit up.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Let’s see them installed and lit up.

i will try to post pictures somehow...they came out good

#69 3 years ago

Thanks to Randy_G for the heads up that CPR had put these on their website, so I was able to snag one. They sold out again in less than 3 days. I also bought a new backglass and plastics. I'm impressed with the digital printing it looks great. My only complaint is they go to all this trouble to remake this playfield but don't bother to align artwork it at the bottom around the pop up bumper hole between the flippers. I have seen other pictures and they all appear to be this way. Still way better than what I had, just wish their attention to detail was a little better. (I also bought a Meteor playfield from them and it has missing target values by the upper drop targets)

IMG_3344 (resized).jpgIMG_3344 (resized).jpgIMG_3345 (resized).jpgIMG_3345 (resized).jpg

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Thanks to Randy_G for the heads up that CPR had put these on their website, so I was able to snag one. They sold out again in less than 3 days. I also bought a new backglass and plastics. I'm impressed with the digital printing it looks great. My only complaint is they go to all this trouble to remake this playfield but don't bother to align artwork it at the bottom around the pop up bumper hole between the flippers. I have seen other pictures and they all appear to be this way. Still way better than what I had, just wish their attention to detail was a little better. (I also bought a Meteor playfield from them and it has missing target values by the upper drop targets)
[quoted image][quoted image]

The yellow on that playfield looks really washed out (faded).

#71 3 years ago

Any one know when CPR is going to have more BOPP playfields? The website says they are doing another run, but when?

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Any one know when CPR is going to have more BOPP playfields? The website says they are doing another run, but when?

You try sending an email to CPR? All you're going to get here is speculation, unless Kevin happens to see this.

#73 3 years ago

Overall I am very happy with mine. You would think maybe they could get around to fixing the registration on the bottom. Here's a pic of mine from the first digital run. Same thing. And at the right angle/light one can clearly see the back and forth lines of the printer. My biggest problem at this moment is cleaning all the clear coat out of the ten rollover holes.

IMG_2099 (resized).JPGIMG_2099 (resized).JPGIMG_2101 (resized).JPGIMG_2101 (resized).JPGIMG_2108 (resized).JPGIMG_2108 (resized).JPG
#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Overall I am very happy with mine. You would think maybe they could get around to fixing the registration on the bottom. Here's a pic of mine from the first digital run. Same thing. And at the right angle/light one can clearly see the back and forth lines of the printer. My biggest problem at this moment is cleaning all the clear coat out of the ten rollover holes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The clear-coat is always an issue no matter who does the clear-coating job as someone needs to clean it up before the star rollovers can be installed.

Your playfield looks better than ita47 ... comparing your yellow to his, his looks like the yellow ink ran out, unless it's just the way he captured the picture!

#75 3 years ago

" unless it's just the way he captured the picture!"

Maybe. If you look at the 3X lens it also looks pretty dull. And that ain't ink.

#76 3 years ago

It was the lighting, sorry just snapped a quick pic and posted it. Here is a close up on the yellow, still not not the best lighting for pictures (LED flood lights). It looks better in person.

IMG_3347 (resized).jpgIMG_3347 (resized).jpgIMG_3348 (resized).jpgIMG_3348 (resized).jpg
#77 3 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

It looks better in person.

No doubt. What I noticed about yours is that the bottom has no paint.

#78 3 years ago

Brand new star rollovers come with the same color insert that the clear-coater is supposed to leave in while spraying the field.
They then get taken out during the hardening time of the clear coat. This method would mean no need for the exacto blade cleaning process of the star rollover or at the very least serves to minimize the cleaning out of them.

Quoted from meSz:

The clear-coat is always an issue no matter who does the clear-coating job as someone needs to clean it up before the star rollovers can be installed.
Your playfield looks better than ita47 ... comparing your yellow to his, his looks like the yellow ink ran out, unless it's just the way he captured the picture!

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

No doubt. What I noticed about yours is that the bottom has no paint.

Yeah I was a little bummed that the bottom wasn't painted gray like the original. My Meteor playfield from CPR was the same just bare wood. Seems some are painted and some are not. I plan to paint the bottom of both of them. I'm not excited about having to clean out all of those star roll overs either. CPR needs to step up their game, they are letting a lot of things slip through that shouldn't.

2 months later
#80 3 years ago

Coming together...

IMG_2262 (resized).JPGIMG_2262 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#81 3 years ago

Power play
Need some assistance in identifying where these wires in picture go.
Located near MPU J1 wire colors are
black / yellow 83
2nd wire white / yellow 53
Game is Power Play
Connector diagram in manual doesn’t show these colors.
J1 connector doesn’t have empty slots
Any one with BOPP can look and see where these wires go

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Need some assistance in identifying where these wires in picture go.

Also replied to this question in the Bally/Stern club thread.
Those two wires are for the knocker in the head. You'll see them near the middle of the wiring diagram.

PowerPlay_Knocker.jpgPowerPlay_Knocker.jpg

#83 3 years ago

Quench thanks, game is missing knocker makes sense.

1 month later
#84 3 years ago

This was my first pinball. Just needs the cabinet repainted.

685E5DE8-7262-4197-A188-2970F9719A88 (resized).jpeg685E5DE8-7262-4197-A188-2970F9719A88 (resized).jpeg8E4B1A2F-4424-4847-9F28-4D631D7B8284 (resized).jpeg8E4B1A2F-4424-4847-9F28-4D631D7B8284 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#85 3 years ago

Used Pinitech Uno displays - blue LED with smoke filter. Displays look great and I would recommend them to anyone.

BOPP (resized).jpgBOPP (resized).jpg
1 week later
#86 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyPinball:

Used Pinitech Uno displays - blue LED with smoke filter. Displays look great and I would recommend them to anyone.
[quoted image]

I couldn't agree more -- coincidentally I just did the same thing. Blue displays look pretty awesome integrated with this backglass.

20210219_211921 (resized).jpg20210219_211921 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#87 2 years ago

Has anyone installed Red LED displays in their BOPP? I like the looks of the blue like WhiskeyPinball and bbriese used, but I am curious how Red would look as well. I am planning on using the Pinitech Uno displays, just trying to decide what would look the best. I'm hoping Randy_G will post a pic of his with the red and blue displays as well.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Has anyone installed Red LED displays in their BOPP? I like the looks of the blue like WhiskeyPinball and bbriese used, but I am curious how Red would look as well. I am planning on using the Pinitech Uno displays, just trying to decide what would look the best. I'm hoping Randy_G will post a pic of his with the red and blue displays as well.

MachineFront2 (resized).JPGMachineFront2 (resized).JPGPICT0903 (resized).JPGPICT0903 (resized).JPG
#89 2 years ago

Thanks meSz for posting a pic of your red displays, those look really good too. This is going to be a hard decision because both colors look great, much better than the standard orange in this game.

#90 2 years ago

Interestingly Bobby Orr only played 26 games for the Black Hawks, 605 with the Bruins, I just looked it up. Was there anything to that, getting a Black Hawk pin, other than Chicago being the center of pinball? Was there some ribbing going on regarding a Boston-Chicago Stanley Cup rivalry or personnel trades? I know Phil Esposito came from the Black Hawks and that was a seminal trade for Boston back in the late sixties. Both Orr and Esposito were let go by Boston around the same time.

#91 2 years ago

Bobby Orr's knees forced an early retirement. Chicago signed him taking a long shot on a comeback. He was done after the 1976 Canada Cup. He played very few games as a Hawk. And since Bally was a Chicago based manufacturer, it was a natural theme.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Bobby Orr's knees forced an early retirement. Chicago signed him taking a long shot on a comeback. He was done after the 1976 Canada Cup. He played very few games as a Hawk. And since Bally was a Chicago based manufacturer, it was a natural theme.

Has to be more to it. Why not Orr as a Bruin, even in retrospect?

#93 2 years ago

I don't think there's anything more to it.
According to ipdb, the project was started at the beginning of 77 ans started shipping early 78.
He was still signed to the Blackhawks in the 77-78 season. We can always speculate as to what they would have done had it come out a few years later, but if in 77 he was still a hot enough commodity to base a pinball machine on, you can imagine the Blackhawks also signed him it as sort of a marketing move, on top of what he brought to the team as a player, so they wouldn't have been too happy to see the machine come out with him as a Bruin.
Orr also seems very gentlemanly, so I would think he would have found it disrespectful to his current employer.
And even if it weren't for all that, I'm pretty sure players have it in their contracts that their duties to the team go beyond just putting on the jersey on the ice.

Just a weird timing thing in all likelihood.

1 week later
#94 2 years ago

I'm thinking about getting some blue displays for my Power Play. It would free up 5 original displays for spares on my other games, and look cool as well. I think I could handle putting the displays together and soldering all the components. I like doing stuff like that, as long as it works! The blue compliments the colors of this game nicely.

#95 2 years ago

Pinkid - I have the Pinitech blue displays on my machine. If you want to see what they look like and can wait till June 30, I'll post the pics.

4 weeks later
#96 2 years ago

What is this part called? Or do I need the whole bracket assembly? This is for the relay coil on the play more post assembly. Post all of a sudden would stay up and after taking a peek I noticed this part floating around in the mech and the spring and broken finger laying in the cab.

1ACECE7B-C539-481F-9769-DEEE6D6092C5 (resized).jpeg1ACECE7B-C539-481F-9769-DEEE6D6092C5 (resized).jpeg9F724B74-2347-4D7A-AB44-B053FA7A6DD7 (resized).jpeg9F724B74-2347-4D7A-AB44-B053FA7A6DD7 (resized).jpeg
#97 2 years ago

I have added a very special feature to my PowerPlay - you can play it hands-free. I implemented it for a friend who came back from skiing with both hands broken.

qbr3g (resized).jpgqbr3g (resized).jpgP_20171207_203621 (resized).jpgP_20171207_203621 (resized).jpg

#98 2 years ago

thats super cool. this would be a benefit in my house as my daughters left hand is wonky. share the how and where

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

share the how and where

It was a really easy task, those switches are easily available (e.g. https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNl9qSx - I am sure there are nicer ones available) and I wired then just in parallel to the flipper buttons. I use jack plugs to make them removable.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

What is this part called? Or do I need the whole bracket assembly? This is for the relay coil on the play more post assembly. Post all of a sudden would stay up and after taking a peek I noticed this part floating around in the mech and the spring and broken finger laying in the cab.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found it

B32A3058-DC1E-4F87-88D2-FAF7FA9164FE (resized).pngB32A3058-DC1E-4F87-88D2-FAF7FA9164FE (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-s-power-play-club/page/2?hl=thc666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.