(Topic ID: 3350)

Bobby orr Powerplay Solenoid Problems

By tas

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I have just purcased a bobby orr powerplay pinball. My problem is when i start the game it goes through its start-up routine (7 flashes and tune) and I can start a game. But some of the playfield solenoids will not fire. Namely the two target resets, the ball out and the middle and left hand thumper bumpers. I have run it through the test mode, All lamps are fine, all switches activate and register when closed, all displays count through their sequence, but when running through the solenoid test the coils mentioned do not fire and other coils fire in their place. I have earthed the transistor tabs on the solenoid driver board and all solenoids activate individually as their supposed to.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this ?

#2 13 years ago

Did you check for any blown fuses? Check the wiring to the solenoids

#3 13 years ago

Have checked for blown fuses and also the diodes on each switch on the playfield. The wiring to the solenoids seem o.k. other than pulling the harness apart and checking.
In solenoid test mode here is the sequence that is activating
1Top hole saucer,2 knocker(o.k), 3 top hole saucer(o.k), 4 chime 10, 5 chime 100, 6 chime 1000, 7 chime special, 8 knocker, 9 right thumper bumper, 10 right thumper bumper(o.k), 11left slingshot, 12 right slingshot, 13 nothing ,14 left slingshot(o.k), 15 right slingshot(o.k), 16 up post(o.k), 17 coin door relay(o.k), 18 flipper relay(o.k).
As you can see some solenoids fire more than once and some not at all in test mode.
In gameplayt the outhole kicker will not activate,right bumper operates(o.k),left and right slingshots operate (o.k),outhole kicker operates (o.k),targets will not reset,left bumper activates right bumper, bottom bumper activates left slingshot, drop targets activate right slingshot and at the end of score tally after each ball right slingshot and tophole saucer activate.
Any ideas on this would be appreciated. The MPU, solenoid driver board and Power supply have just been re-furbished and were tested before installation. Also does anyone have a copy of the schematics I could get my hands on.
Many Thanks

4 months later
#4 12 years ago

www.allteksystems.com/

They have replacement boards, sound to me like a problem between the MPU chip and Solenoid Driver Board Chip. I am no expert.

Is there any wire hacks, could be a problem there

I also have a Power Play, mine is working 95%, i have the left bumper out. whick i am tracing at the moment, solenoid is good just replaced it. It seems to work on machine power up for a minute or so then stops working. Also some of the score displays take a while to come on bright, connection issues, once warm work perfectly except play 4 need replacement i think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-powerplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.