• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BobbyOrr%20Pinball_small.jpg
BostonBruins_01.jpg

#1 11 years ago

tonight i sought the simplicity of a game of Power Play....i had just finished up a few games of AC/DC and was looking to cool down.

i have seen no love on this forum for PP. It might as well be an EM as it plays like one...i love the symmetry of it, the target shots, the kick-out hole, its just a little slice of pinball heaven.

Yes, its as deep as a puddle but it soothes...

#2 11 years ago

I told a former co-worker about this game (hockey fan, non-pinballer).
He was very VERY disappointed that Bobby Orr was not in Boston gear.

Instantly turned him off, considering how interested he was when I mentioned there was a Bobby Orr pinball machine.

#3 11 years ago

its definitely not cool that he is in Blackhawk uniform but still....

it’s Bobby f@%#ing Orr !!!

Canada vs USA/Blackhawk theme
Hockey artwork
Dave Christensen

Name another hockey pin worth talking about....

#4 11 years ago

Third time's a charm. Just something wrong with that.

Reminds me of the Espositeo Vadnais / Ratelle Park trade. Wrong. Hilarious that Park had just written the book "Why I Hate the Bruins."

Dan

#5 11 years ago

if it had orr as a bruin, i'd go a long long way to find one of these...

however, i still remember how crushed i was when bobby left the bruins (even though he was shot as a player)... bobby and yaz were my two idols growing up, and seeing him a blackhawks uni every day would still bring back too many bad memories...

someone should do a "re-imagined" playfield and backglass with a bruins motif...

#6 11 years ago

I think PP is a great game pinball doesn't have to have led's flashers and a pile of plastic toys to be fun, a Bobby Hull backglass would be a cool mod.

#7 11 years ago

if it had orr as a bruin, i'd go a long long way to find one of these...
however, i still remember how crushed i was when bobby left the bruins (even though he was shot as a player)... bobby and yaz were my two idols growing up, and seeing him a blackhawks uni every day would still bring back too many bad memories...
someone should do a "re-imagined" playfield and backglass with a bruins motif...

Here you go:

BostonBruins_01.jpgBostonBruins_01.jpg

#8 11 years ago

can you do the BG too? Nice!!

Dan

#9 11 years ago

I'm working on the backglass art for CPR. A ton of detail, gonna take a good while to redraw it.
I'd also love to do a bruins version but I think thier would be a lot of lisc. issues.

#10 11 years ago

Power Play is an awesome game. Looks easy but its very challenging to build that bonus ladder via the drops. Plays fast and mean when rebuilt and dialed in. Loved mine when I had it.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'm working on the backglass art for CPR. A ton of detail, gonna take a good while to redraw it.
I'd also love to do a bruins version but I think thier would be a lot of lisc. issues.

The funny thing about this is I'm not sure how much went into licensing on this game when it came out. I'm sure Sherwood & Victoriaville were never contacted for their approval. Times they have-a changed...

That said, PP was my first game and I still love it. Really simple, zen type pinball. Just satisfying.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

i have seen no love on this forum for PP. It might as well be an EM as it plays like one...i love the symmetry of it, the target shots, the kick-out hole, its just a little slice of pinball heaven.
Yes, its as deep as a puddle but it soothes...

You might have trouble getting much love on this forum for any game that doesn't have a DMD. Personally, I love the early solid state games and I think that BOPP is awesome. I think all of the Bally solid state games with chimes are great.

--Luke

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

You might have trouble getting much love on this forum for any game that doesn't have a DMD. Personally, I love the early solid state games and I think that BOPP is awesome. I think all of the Bally solid state games with chimes are great.
--Luke

I love BOPP as well. Simple and elegant (I am not even biaised by the theme: could'nt care less...).

#14 11 years ago

I think I had something to do with that!

#15 11 years ago

Lots of love here for BOPP!! Here's a video of my customized Bobby Orr Power Play with new rules, sound and 7 digit scoring.

I really should redo the video in HD now

#16 11 years ago

No love for Bobby?????

BobbyOrr%20Pinball_small.jpgBobbyOrr%20Pinball_small.jpg

#17 11 years ago

BOPP is a great game

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Lots of love here for BOPP!! Here's a video of my customized Bobby Orr Power Play with new rules, sound and 7 digit scoring.
» YouTube video
I really should redo the video in HD now

Very cool...the crowd noise, the organ playing

Now you need to get a "end of period" or "goal" buzzer, some whistles and a "slapshot" sound for the upper flippers..

you clearly spent some time on this...

What else can be done to customize this game?...so far all i have done is put a signed print of "Flying Bobby/The goal" above the machine

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from woz:

I think I had something to do with that!

Credit where credit is due, and you deserve all of it

Now really knock it out of the park and get CPR to print some BB editions

#20 11 years ago

Actually Dave Eisner deserves credit with the playfield artwork as he did the original vector drawing; I just replaced the colours and added a logo. The irony is that I am a Vancouver Canucks fan and all Canucks fans hate the Blackhawks and Bruins.... (cue Trevor)

#21 11 years ago

I would like a new hockey pin. I have my bubble hockey as well but needed to get a pin bec can't play hockey by yourself. Go Pens Go!

#22 11 years ago

yea!!! someone make it, and i will buy it...

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Actually Dave Eisner deserves credit with the playfield artwork as he did the original vector drawing; I just replaced the colours and added a logo. The irony is that I am a Vancouver Canucks fan and all Canucks fans hate the Blackhawks and Bruins.... (cue Trevor)

Luuuuuu!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Credit where credit is due, and you deserve all of it
Now really knock it out of the park and get CPR to print some BB editions

if they'd do it, i'd even be willing to pay upfront for it, AND break my "if it doesn't go clickety-clack, i don't want it" rule (since it at least has chimes, i'd only really be bending the rule)...

of course, trashed bopp donor games would then quintuple in "value", and i'd likely have to travel to gibit to find one...

the positive of that (if there is one), is that at least it would give me time to finish my jacks open restore before taking on another interminable project...

i suppose it's very unlikely (read: not happening) that the re-imagined playfield pf/bg would ever be produced, but it's nice to dream...

#25 11 years ago

If you (?) build it , we will come.

#26 11 years ago

You would have to redo the cabinet to.Would look silly to me to have a Blackhawk cabinet with Bruin,BG,PF.I have to think the only reason this pin got made is the link with the factory being in Chicago.

2 years later
#27 8 years ago

Bobby Orr?

watch @ 53:00
hehe
-mof

#28 8 years ago

The game that was one of my 1st to play. Got one in 1998 and it's a keeper. I'm a Hawks fan so that helps too. I have alot of respect for #4, Bobby Orr.......no matter what uniform. That Bruins themed playfield is interesting. I think a Bobby Hull machine would have been great too....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 45.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 45.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-power-playno-love and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.