View topic image gallery

PICT0831.JPG
Coindoor.JPG
PICT0933.JPG
CabinetFront.JPG
PPVillage2.jpg
PPVillage3.jpg
PPVillage1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I took advantage of the nice weather first of the week down here in Tampa and finally finished the cabinet paint on a Bobby Orr POWER PLAY. It was a lot of extra work and precision taping since the whole cabinet wasn't white like most from this era. They decided to paint red on inside and on back which actually really looks cool. I am dropping in a NOS Bally playfield which has been mirror cleared with my CPR plastics set and new everything on top. This machine should make any Blackhawks fan drool!

PPVillage1.jpgPPVillage1.jpgPPVillage2.jpgPPVillage2.jpgPPVillage3.jpgPPVillage3.jpg

#3 10 years ago

NO to taping stencils art! The entire cabinet was sanded, primed and then painted the correct white color. I had to then tape off White in order to spray RED inside and on back. I've been a vector artist for 30 years and design art for Classic Playfield Reproductions. I design my own stencil art so curves, registration, etc. are PERFECT and then plotted on painters mask... not the crap stencils the other guys are selling on the internet! Those can be a nightmare!

#7 10 years ago

yeah... that looks pretty damn nice!

#12 10 years ago

My POWER PLAY will be FOR SALE in about a month when it's finished. I will post it here on Pinside when it's ready. It won't be cheap but you will have some bragging rights!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-power-play-cabinet-restore-pics?tu=pinballpimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.