Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bobby_orr issue alley (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

I just picked up a Bobby Orr Power Play. Overall the game is in decent shape. A couple questions (I'm a noob).

When the ball rolls over the stars in the upper alley, whether the stars are lit or not, there is no sound emitted. I don't think this is right.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bobby Orr's Power Play

bobby_orr issue alley (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

Does the machine score points when you run your fingers over the star rollovers?

#3 1 year ago

I have to press with a bit of authority on the stars for them to trigger points. Rolling the ball over them rarely gets them to score.

When I press with my fingers and I see the points increment, still no sound.

#4 1 year ago

Run a solenoid test and make sure each chime is firing. Next is run a switch test and press each star and see if they register. If you have a manual, it will walk you through the steps.

#5 1 year ago

Do you know how to place the machine into self-test mode? Perhaps the solenoid that triggers the sound chime is bad. Perhaps a wire is disconnected from the solenoid. Or, it could be the transistor on the solenoid driver board that controls the chime solenoid. Lastly, it could be a connector issue on the solenoid driver board.

#6 1 year ago

thanks vdojaq and BallyPinWiz! I just downloaded a copy of the manual. I'll run through those steps and circle back tomorrow!

#7 1 year ago

So...Solenoid test revealed solenoid 7 is bad (there was no sound during this part of the test). The manual says this is "chime 1000". So I think I have my answer as to why sound does not emit when the ball rolls over the stars.

Now I just have to figure out how to repair / replace the solenoid.

#8 1 year ago

After testing your driver board for the solenoid, ( I doubt it's the coil, but check the coil's resistance) check to make sure the plunger is not stuck to the rubber stop on the bottom of the frame. I had a Bally that was "barn stored" and the plungers were stuck. While you're at it, get a chime unit rebuild kit from PBR and rebuild it - the sound will be much better. (If you haven't already done so).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Brick, NJ
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside