pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20200709_205937 (resized).jpg
20200709_205926 (resized).jpg
20200709_210021 (resized).jpg
20200709_210026 (resized).jpg
20200709_210013 (resized).jpg
20200709_205958 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Geeter83:

What does the 'CR' mean in the schematic that has CR1/CR4/CR12?

'CR' is Ballys way of refering to diodes (in your case the little black things you see soldered on the switch lugs). Diodes have a colored band on one end indicating orientation and should not be connected in reverse.

Diodes.pngDiodes.png

Quoted from Geeter83:

- Assuming the wire color code is associated with the number trailing the alpha character(s)? ST1(red) or I5(White). What does the 'ST', 'I' stand for?

The switches in these games are wired in a matrix (whole other subject) essentially it's a way to reduce the number of wires required for the large number of switches. The 'ST' refers to switch signals that are "Strobes", the 'I' refers to signals that are switch returns.

Quoted from Geeter83:

- For areas that have no switch associated in the schematic (I3, I6, I4) are those just reserved for other Bally machines (not used on BOPP)

Some of those blank switches are in the cabinet and shown on the cabinet switch harness - look for the "ST" and "I" switch wires. The remainder blanks simply aren't assigned in this game.

Quoted from Geeter83:

What is the asterisk '*' for in the schematic?

The asterisk refers to a Bally test point.

Quoted from Geeter83:

How do I interpret the pin # in the connector to the schematic. A2J2-2 is Pin #1, but I'm struggling to understand which one is Pin #1 in the connector.

A2J2-2 ---> 'A2' refers to the power rectifier board, 'J2' refers to connector J2, '-2' refers to pin #2.

The below diagram is the total Power Play switch matrix.
Cabinet switches/connections have been added and are shown in red
Switch test mode numbers are shown in blue
Switches with capacitors are shown with an orange box
Wire color definition examples are shown at the bottom

PowerPlay_SwitchMatrix.jpgPowerPlay_SwitchMatrix.jpg

2 weeks later
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Geeter83:

Are there 2 yellow wires because the voltage is somewhat "daisy chained" across all solenoids on the +43 VDC line?

Yes exactly, the yellow wires daisy chain the 43VDC from one solenoid to another. So all coils except the last in the chain will have two yellow wires.

The yellow wires *must* be soldered on the coil lug that has the banded side of the diode connected to it.

#17 3 years ago

I've always done it the way BigAl56 described because I hate wrestling with looped in lug wires when trying to unsolder them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 69.00
$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quench.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-coin-door-mech-wiring?tu=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.