(Topic ID: 304215)

Bob Lawton - Creator of Funspot dead at 90 years old

By Pablito350

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funspot bob (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pablito350.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere here so I thought I'd share this.

https://www.wmur.com/article/bob-lawton-funspot-laconia-new-hampshire/38235846

My wife and I visited Funspot a few years ago for our anniversary. While taking a snack break in their restaurant a few older people came in with a birthday cake in the shape of their double-decker bus. They all sang happy birthday to one of the men. Noticing that we were alone snacking Bob approached us and asked if we wanted some cake. Of course we said yes!

After exchanging pleasantries, we discovered the he was the founder and owner of Funspot. He was so down to earth and easy to talk to, with no airs about him. He even gave us a few cards we could redeem for tokens.

He made our visit there special, as he seemed to do for generations of visitors, and we sensed that gave him great pride and happiness.

Rest in Peace Bob, and thank you!

-Paul & Chrissi

funspot bob (resized).jpgfunspot bob (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pablito350.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bob-lawton-creator-of-funspot-dead-at-90-yeas-old?tu=Pablito350 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.