(Topic ID: 268112)

Bob Cunningham

By Playbig

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F8BA455A-5137-40EB-8FC5-EC30185D516B (resized).png
    34FF59A0-526A-4505-9ABC-1A48D53461A4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Anyone have bob Cunningham phone number?

#2 3 years ago

I can only contact him through Facebook messenger. I am still waiting for a delivery he picked up 2 months ago.

#3 3 years ago

His email is

[email protected]

#4 3 years ago

Here is a post from a few months ago

34FF59A0-526A-4505-9ABC-1A48D53461A4 (resized).jpeg34FF59A0-526A-4505-9ABC-1A48D53461A4 (resized).jpeg
    #5 3 years ago

Can't go wrong with Bob, spoke recently & he is having major Truck & Trailer issues. He has always delivered my games so you may need to be patient. Safe arrival & game care is his priority. J

#6 3 years ago

He's had my game for 3 months with no end in sight. Communication has been awful. Will never use him again.

#7 3 years ago

Gotta admit, I think 3 months is too long. At that point just bring it to Fastenal so it can get home.
    -Mike

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jrotten:

Can't go wrong with Bob, spoke recently & he is having major Truck & Trailer issues. He has always delivered my games so you may need to be patient. Safe arrival & game care is his priority. J

Seems like a good guy, but yah he's had my game since January. At some point I'll just rent a vehicle and go get it from his warehouse.

#9 3 years ago

Same here. I bought a game beginning of March. He said he'd pick it up 2 weeks ago and didn't. Still waiting. I know he's having truck issues, but communication hasn't been good. Last game he delivered went of without a hitch. I would get someone else to do it,but he knows how to move games without destroying them. I've never seen a horror story about a game delivered by him. I'm giving it another month then I have to have it picked up in maryland.

#10 3 years ago

Without any preceding discussion to suggest such limitations, they gave me about a day's notice that I could only accept delivery on a Monday at 1 pm. I have a job...so off it went to a warehouse in KY for God knows how long. $3200 sitting for no use, unrecoverable short of driving for days to claim it myself. I had to inquire repeatedly and he finally agreed to offer an as yet unspecified discount.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Without any preceding discussion to suggest such limitations, they gave me about a day's notice that I could only accept delivery on a Monday at 1 pm. I have a job...so off it went to a warehouse in KY for God knows how long. $3200 sitting for no use, unrecoverable short of driving for days to claim it myself. I had to inquire repeatedly and he finally agreed to offer an as yet unspecified discount.

Can't speak to that, but I wonder how much of the delay's are COVID related. I know for instance that there was a period of time (may still be going on) to where if you traveled from another state into TX they were forcing a 14 day quarantine on you. Not trying to give anyone an out here, but may be a possible reason for some of the delays. I've never used him personally but have had 4 games, over the years, picked up by him from other buyers. He was real good with the games and all of them made it perfectly. Communication was lacking though, I'd admit that.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Same thing happened to me. Gave me a call without any prior notice that he would be at my house in an hour. I was on my way to church to baptize my son. I told him Sunday morning in the South is not the time to catch people at home. He had to drop it off in my shop that I left unlocked.

#13 3 years ago

Just for some background, Bob is usually fantastic, but he had to lay-off all his other guys due to this virus. He’s the only one working and for at least a few weeks he’s been having tons of issues with his trailer. Apparently something about the wheels or axles failing and the manufacturer said it’s not their fault. So he had to get it repaired a few times, then it completely blew out and jackknifed his trailer. Really smashed up everything.

So I assume with all the out of pocket repairs and stops he has to keep making he’s been overwhelmed. Typically before this he’s usually about a month or so for delivery.

Bob is FANTASTIC at wrapping and taking care of games, which is why I would use him.

If you’re on the east coast you can contact Rixzilla but not sure if he’s still making runs with this going on.

Best of luck folks. I think it’s important to remember we’re kinda in a pandemic and things are not normal. As an essential worker I deal with people getting angry constantly because they think it’s business as usual.
    Some states closed their borders so travel is very finicky at the moment.

#14 3 years ago

Bob's a good guy, but in future if I am buying a machine l will just stick to just getting it myself or using STI unless I know the seller personally. Once Bob gets the machine I'm not worried, but when you have $6,000 paid to a total stranger (CFTBL) and Bob takes nearly 2 months before he can pick it up from the sellers garage, it makes me nervous. I know he had some issues out of his control, but I'm not willing to take that risk again. At least with STI they pick it up fairly quick. Once I've paid I like to know it's en route fairly quick and out of the seller's possession. Bob's a good person I just feel like some issues happened that were out of his control.

#15 3 years ago

I get the COVID stuff. I'm a doc in NY...

My gripe is the sorry business on the front end, and the awful communication all along the way. THAT has nothing to do with COVID.

This was all set to go in early February when he still had his guys.

I get that he's a nice guy and that he's had some operational misfortune. He's still running a business, holding people's inventory, and should take care of his customers.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Bob's a good guy, but in future but if I am buying a machine l will just stick to just getting it myself or using STI unless I know the seller personally. Once he gets the machine I'm not worried, but when you have $6,000 paid to a total stranger (CFTBL) and it takes nearly 2 months before he can pick it up from the sellers garage, it makes me nervous. I know he had some issues out of his control, but I'm not willing to take that risk again. At least with STI they pick it up fairly quick. Once I've paid I like to know it's en route fairly quick and out of the seller's possession. Bob's a good person I just feel like some issues happened that were out of his control.

I would NEVER use STI. They destroy games so damn often.
    I use Fastenal over STI. If you don’t mind chipping 2-3k off that 6k game thanks to shipping then why stop at STI, why not use UPS?

You’re angry about communication? I will admit, I got a notification out of the blue saying he was 30 minutes away but it was nearly a month ahead of schedule so I didn’t mind. But if you use STI or a shipper good luck getting updates. I’ve been that route before, they’ll tell you stuff, but it’ll be wrong.

You’ll think it’s amazing till your 6k game shows up randomly “white glove” delivered with fork truck damage.

The time you’re “saving” with a “““professional””” moving company won’t be worth the damage you’re risking. But sometimes it just takes people receiving their game in unplayable condition to appreciate that.

#17 3 years ago

Sometimes you just get more piece of mind dealing with the pros.

I know most you guys ain’t been around too long but look up “Randy Buffalo” on RGP sometime.

When you are dealing with a single free agent individual who is grabbing games from all over the country, something goes wrong and shit can go south incredibly fast. This just doesn’t happen with the big established companies.

I’ve never had an STI game take more than 2 weeks from placing an order to have the game picked up, shipped, and delivered. I don’t know how you guys can stand to wait months on end.

#18 3 years ago

This is not about comparing to other services. This is about the thing itself. A 3-month+ delay while holding thousands of dollars in value without any meaningful effort at communication is unacceptable. Period. I'd say the same of ANY other service as well. But we're on the Bob Cunningham thread for now. In the future I will only deal locally.

#19 3 years ago

His latest update, looks like you got at least another month!

F8BA455A-5137-40EB-8FC5-EC30185D516B (resized).pngF8BA455A-5137-40EB-8FC5-EC30185D516B (resized).png
    #20 3 years ago

I never said I was angry. Both machines I bought and paid for (Creature and Earthshaker), each seller was patient but they were taking up space, and messaged me asking if I had an update after 7 weeks with no communication. It’s not fair to the seller who usually wants them gone to make them wait for 2 months, plus it makes me nervous as hell with my machines still in their possession. If machines weren’t as described, you lose leverage when they take 3 months to show up.

After they finally were in Bobs posession, they sat in his KY warehouse for another month (which I doubt was climate controlled). So it took nearly 90 days from start to finish. Maybe you’re ok with that, but I’m sure not. Bob is a nice guy and yes he packs well, but I won’t subject myself to that again. Shame because there is a real need for safe shipping, but not at the expense of service to both buyer and seller, regardless of the cause.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I would NEVER use STI. They destroy games so damn often.
    I use Fastenal over STI. If you don’t mind chipping 2-3k off that 6k game thanks to shipping then why stop at STI, why not use UPS?
    You’re angry about communication? I will admit, I got a notification out of the blue saying he was 30 minutes away but it was nearly a month ahead of schedule so I didn’t mind. But if you use STI or a shipper good luck getting updates. I’ve been that route before, they’ll tell you stuff, but it’ll be wrong.
    You’ll think it’s amazing till your 6k game shows up randomly “white glove” delivered with fork truck damage.
    The time you’re “saving” with a “““professional””” moving company won’t be worth the damage you’re risking. But sometimes it just takes people receiving their game in unplayable condition to appreciate that.

#21 3 years ago

Sent two messages asking for an update. No response. Waiting almost 3 months now. I will never use again and I have learned my lesson. I realize the virus has caused disruption but this has been a systemic issue before that. And not answering and communicating is unacceptable in my mind.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

His latest update, looks like you got at least another month!
    [quoted image]

As much as I want to have him deliver my game, another month before he starts back plus however long it takes to get around to me might be a deal breaker.

#23 3 years ago

Bob is a great guy, and a true asset to this hobby. I use him religiously for moving all my games. I would encourage people to keep in mind what type of service they are signing onto when initiating a move through Bob - he is a one man operation going all over the nation, and doing all his communications and logistic as he drives. He takes care of what he hauls, and works with you the best his overflowing schedule will allow. STI and fastenall are insufferable to work with, and I have yet to move a game with either where it wasn’t damaged to some level or degree.

Be patient with Bob and cut him some additional slack as he tried to operate in this pandemic, all while dealing with habitual mechanical issues with his BRAND NEW truck and trailer. Keep in mind what his service is, and build those subtleties into your deals. I understand there is a lot of money changing hands in this hobby, but if I sell a game and it sits for a month or two before pickup, I look at that as a plus, because I can still sneak a game or two on it every-now and again! If I buy a game and it takes 1-4 months to receive, I take comfort in the fact that it is with a competent and trustworthy professional in the hobby.

Markets would shrink, and prices on these machines would become more regional without Bob - plain and simple. Cut the guy some breaks and be thankful he is out there as an option!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Seems like a good guy, but yah he's had my game since January. At some point I'll just rent a vehicle and go get it from his warehouse.

Since January is unacceptable, COVID or not. That sucks - I’m sorry.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Just for some background, Bob is usually fantastic, but he had to lay-off all his other guys due to this virus. He’s the only one working and for at least a few weeks he’s been having tons of issues with his trailer. Apparently something about the wheels or axles failing and the manufacturer said it’s not their fault. So he had to get it repaired a few times, then it completely blew out and jackknifed his trailer. Really smashed up everything.
    So I assume with all the out of pocket repairs and stops he has to keep making he’s been overwhelmed. Typically before this he’s usually about a month or so for delivery.
    Bob is FANTASTIC at wrapping and taking care of games, which is why I would use him.
    If you’re on the east coast you can contact rixzilla but not sure if he’s still making runs with this going on.
    Best of luck folks. I think it’s important to remember we’re kinda in a pandemic and things are not normal. As an essential worker I deal with people getting angry constantly because they think it’s business as usual.
    Some states closed their borders so travel is very finicky at the moment.

I second Rixzilla - he picked up a game from my property - he’s a class act and a true professional, 5 Stars.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Can't speak to that, but I wonder how much of the delay's are COVID related. I know for instance that there was a period of time (may still be going on) to where if you traveled from another state into TX they were forcing a 14 day quarantine on you.

That was definitely true at least for a while..I don't know the current status on that either, but I declined looking into games across the LA border just because of that. =-\

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from PSUTownie:

Bob is a great guy, and a true asset to this hobby. I use him religiously for moving all my games. I would encourage people to keep in mind what type of service they are signing onto when initiating a move through Bob - he is a one man operation going all over the nation, and doing all his communications and logistic as he drives. He takes care of what he hauls, and works with you the best his overflowing schedule will allow. STI and fastenall are insufferable to work with, and I have yet to move a game with either where it wasn’t damaged to some level or degree.
    Be patient with Bob and cut him some additional slack as he tried to operate in this pandemic, all while dealing with habitual mechanical issues with his BRAND NEW truck and trailer. Keep in mind what his service is, and build those subtleties into your deals. I understand there is a lot of money changing hands in this hobby, but if I sell a game and it sits for a month or two before pickup, I look at that as a plus, because I can still sneak a game or two on it every-now and again! If I buy a game and it takes 1-4 months to receive, I take comfort in the fact that it is with a competent and trustworthy professional in the hobby.
    Markets would shrink, and prices on these machines would become more regional without Bob - plain and simple. Cut the guy some breaks and be thankful he is out there as an option!

All you said about Bob is dead on, but STI is our best option period. I have used STI many many times and they are super easy and I have never waited over 2 weeks to get a game once it is scheduled and they are only $50-$100 more than Bob. Bob is going to get you the best safety of your game and that should be considered especially it if is a game that needs special attn. I use Bob for my project games because they are usually cheap and I do not care if it takes 3-4 months.

#27 3 years ago

The words “one man operation” should terrify anybody when it comes to shipping games across the country.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know most you guys ain’t been around too long but look up “Randy Buffalo” on RGP sometime.

Would be interesting to hear a ‘where is he now’ story about Randy.

CrazyLevi do you remember who finally recovered the games? Seems to me it was Kevin somebody but I haven’t dug up the r.g.v.a.c archive to relive the story.

#29 3 years ago

People overcomplicate. STI does so many of these don't let the few deter. I've used them for the past four years with no issues.... And I'm receiving my game in the same month it left the shippers house.

I do think it's getting very expensive....

On a side note - love fast Eddy as well.

I hope those that are waiting get their pins soon. Super annoying being in limbo.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Since January is unacceptable, COVID or not. That sucks - I’m sorry.

Thanks man. He said February delivery. Next thing I knew I checked his FB in March and he was in California and Canada. Then he shut down for Covid, started up again, and his new truck broke down.

#31 3 years ago

We've always picked up our stuff and delivered. Never had a need for Bob but I've had a lot of friends say his service is excellent. I'm sorry to hear of his troubles and hopefully everyone will get their property as soon as possible. I would have concern about my property that I am the owner of in limbo because something could happen and the responsible party is basically unknown I would assume.

#32 3 years ago

I had Shadow scheduled for a February delivery. Then complications occurred. Then COVID happened, and that disrupted EVERYTHING. I got my game 03 May, and that was that.

He has had a lot of issues come up.

Some of you should do yourself a favor and watch his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bobcunningham68

"But I don't use FB...!"

Well, if you don't want to use the resources available to mitigate the "communication problem" - too bad then. Sit and wait. That's what I did. And if I wanted an update, I just took 30 seconds out of my day and texted him. He always got back to me extremely promptly.

I paid for my game in full April 2019; I waited an entire year for my game due to military commitments and COVID, so I know what it's like to have money exchange hands and not be able to take possession of my game right away. Life isn't fair, shit happens - adapt and overcome or deal with it.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I had Shadow scheduled for a February delivery. Then complications occurred. Then COVID happened, and that disrupted EVERYTHING. I got my game 03 May, and that was that.
    He has had a lot of issues come up.
    Some of you should do yourself a favor and watch his FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bobcunningham68
    "But I don't use FB...!"
    Well, if you don't want to use the resources available to mitigate the "communication problem" - too bad then. Sit and wait. That's what I did. And if I wanted an update, I just took 30 seconds out of my day and texted him. He always got back to me extremely promptly.
    I paid for my game in full April 2019; I waited an entire year for my game due to military commitments and COVID, so I know what it's like to have money exchange hands and not be able to take possession of my game right away. Life isn't fair, shit happens - adapt and overcome or deal with it.

Part of being an adult is learning from past mistakes so you dont repeat them. I have learned that up to months could pass before I receive what I've paid for. I'm not going to repeat that mistake again.

Big difference in voluntarily waiting a year to take delivery like you needed and chose to do and what is being described here. Unfortunately business owners have to take responsibility for their company, even with things out of their control occur.

Hopefully Bob can either a. Take less jobs in a smaller geographic region, or b. Get reliable drivers to work with him. Either way he will need more reliable transportation. I wish him the best, hes a good guy.

#34 3 years ago

Agree he's a good guy who takes care of games. Neither of those is the substance of the above business-related complaints. If you have hundreds of customers awaiting high dollar items (which are prone to all sorts of damage), you must have a clear, proactive communication process.

2 weeks later
    #35 3 years ago

Bob just dropped off a game for me, he is back on the road.

#36 3 years ago

Same year. Good guy. I feel bad for him and all the troubles he’s had.

3 weeks later
    #37 3 years ago

Bob still hauling?

Been trying to get a hold of him but no response.

#38 3 years ago

One of his guys picked up a Dale Jr from me last week. The are super busy. Like everyone else in the world, covid put them way behind.

1 month later
    #39 3 years ago

Mine took 4 months to pick up, then another 2 months to deliver. Would have gone a different route had I known. Nice guy on the phone, but never met him in person. He wasn’t present for the pick up or drop off. Total experience not nearly what I was expecting given all the positive praise he receives. I appreciate what he’s trying to do and the challenges he faces. Just think he should be more transparent on the timeline and that he in fact is just as likely to not be the one actually doing the move.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jack8765:

Mine took 4 months to pick up, then another 2 months to deliver. Would have gone a different route had I known. Nice guy on the phone, but never met him in person. He wasn’t present for the pick up or drop off. Total experience not nearly what I was expecting given all the positive praise he receives. I appreciate what he’s trying to do and the challenges he faces. Just think he should be more transparent on the timeline and that he in fact is just as likely to not be the one actually doing the move.

I ended up getting my game, I think in May. Delivered by a helper. I understand the delays with Covid and truck problems and all, but he only responded to maybe 1/3 of the messages I sent him. I didn't bug him, maybe one message a month for a status update.

His helper said he had to fire his old delivery drivers for theft. Things like taking money for hotels and then just sleeping in the truck.

#41 3 years ago

I have a truck leaving the san francisco area tommorw afternoon and then headed pass southern california to Arizona and will have room for about 10 games if anyone needs somthing picked up.

3 weeks later
    #42 3 years ago

I think Bob is a good guy and has more work than he can handle. I contacted him and he said he was two weeks out. I didn’t realize that was only for pickup. My machine sat in his warehouse for another month as it waited it’s turn to get delivered. I think that’s on me for not asking more questions. I did bug him a lot until I received it. ha!

Given the circumstances, I would do it again because the machine arrived FLAWLESS.

The bottom line for me is he is trying to do right by us. He’s a nice person and he cares about our machines he’s moving. That’s more than I can say for some other companies. I will use him again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bob-cunningham-?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.