IMG_4517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
Fishing Boat Wiring 6 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 5 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 2 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sputnik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

Pa has boaters liscense if born after jan 1st 1982.
I own a hydrostream vamp. Somehow it's not all rotted out. Pictures do it no justice how the brown and gold flake.[quoted image]

I have had a couple of Hydrostreams. A Vector and a V king. They were quick. My go fast boat now is an Allison XR 2001 RR. It is about stupid fast.

#150 4 years ago

I never had a problem with insurance. Finding a time and place to run is a problem. I don't have to deal with barges, just wake boats.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I always try to be respectful to other boaters and fisherman. Esp fisherman since the like to troll the edges and I know my wake pushes them into the shore. Our lake is big enough to go to other places and not disturb them as well as giving space to speed boats and tubers. My main problem is the tubers come and rip up the good water instead of going to the bigger part of the lake and tubing there.

I did not mean anything against wake boats. In a 600 pound boat with 300+ horsepower an unseen wake will put you airborne.

#156 4 years ago

Sling shot is accurate. 1/4 mile in the high 10 seconds.

6 months later
#174 3 years ago

I hope to do some boating this afternoon.

20200802_113422 (resized).jpg20200802_113422 (resized).jpg
11 months later
#285 2 years ago

I hate to think of the hourly fuel burn on 4 outboards. The S3000 Merc on my River Racer is bad enuff.

9 months later
#336 1 year ago

Yes, clean the carb. Rebuild the fuel pump, replace fuel lines and other hoses. Service the water pump and new spark plugs.

#344 1 year ago

Might be trash in the carburetor bowls making it lean out and rev before starving out. Sometimes the i.d. of fuel lines will crumble after long storage.

#346 1 year ago

The leaning out I speak of is caused by small objects blocking the jets in the carburetor. I do not have books on small outboard. I would not think, a '76 9.9 would have adjustments on mixture.
The black rubber fuel lines degrade with time and shed small crumbles. The gray line between the tank and motor will degrade and shed fiber. What you are saying is going on really makes me think you have crap in your carbs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sputnik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boats-owners-thread?tu=sputnik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.