IMG_4517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
Fishing Boat Wiring 6 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 5 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 2 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

After a 5 year absence we are back on the water and it feels great. I love leaving work on Friday afternoon, driving directly to the boat and spending the night onboard.[quoted image]

been off the water since 2011 and for some reason getting the itch to go back also

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Maryland does. In all honesty, I cant remember if it was mandatory or just because the size of the boat, but I am pretty sure it is mandatory.

yes, but born before a certain date you were grandfathered in and didn't need it.

8 months later
#175 3 years ago

This thread needs to come back.
I am thinking about getting back into boating after a 9 year hiatus

Looking at a 25' Everglades CC

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

That is a fantastic boat. See plenty of them around. I would jump all up and down on one.

Maybe I'll swing by your house this summer and introduce myself

4 months later
#207 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

It ain’t much, but she’s an honest vessel. Looking forward to taking her out more this summer!
[quoted image]

Probably one of the most funs boats in this entire thread!!
Enjoy!!

2 months later
#228 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'm thinking about a 2007-2010 Formula, Cobalt or Chaparral...I've heard good things about all 3, not sure which is the best value. The only advise I keep getting from locals is stick to outboards? I'm pretty handy with cars and engines in general but I've never worked on a boat so I'm trying to learn.

Say far away from early 2000 Chaparrals
I had a 2004 31' Signature that was a piece of crap
Current quality has improved, in maybe the last 10 years - But the one I owned, had too many quality issues due to poor workmanship to list.
Everything from engine installation, to fit and finish.
You could not give me one today for free.

10000% go for a used Formula or Cobalt - Both excellent boats
Also SeaRays have usually been built well in the past

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Great....thanks for the info, I'm looking at something with a cabin down below, I was leaning towards the Chaparral signature anywhere between 28 to 30, but I'll switch my focus to the other 2 brand. Outboards in those models are rare, I haven't seen any that's less than a couple of years old, so I may have to stick to I/O engine. I will be taking it out of the water and trailering it. I live less than 10 min from a Marina. Again, I'm kind of green when it comes to this things.
PS: During the research I came across a lot of chatter about hull quality of Searays, supposedly they're not very solidly built anymore. Crownline got hi marks, as did Chaparral. if you get a chance take a look at this video "Crownline boats why weight matters"
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1588820944476381

You are going to need a big ass truck to tow a 31' boat.
Most people don't realize the what kind of truck is required to SAFELY tow stuff
A 28' boat can weight well over 8,000 lbs - then you have to include trailer weight and anything else you put in the boat and truck including fuel, gear and people. You have to consider not only the truck's towing capacity, but also it's payload capacity.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Thanks, I understand, how about one 25-27 Ft? Btw, I live literally 7-10 minutes away from the Marina...so there won't be any long hauls.

https://www.keepyourdaydream.com/payload/
This is a good video for RV's but it translates the same to boats
and he has a good spreadsheet link for GVWR and Payload Calc

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

It is less about the size of the boat and more of its configuration and weight. A center console is going to weigh less than something with a cabin, outboards weigh less than inboards, etc.

you would think, but my buddy has a 25' Regulator center console that has a dry weight of well over 8,000 lbs - more than some 30' express cruisers
so always check the specific stats for what you are going to tow

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Good point. Regulators are heavy ass boats. And well made!
The questions made me go look at some of the towing capacity of trucks these days and even though there are some that can haul 20,000 plus I would not dare pull mine. When they sent it from the factory they had it on a lowboy.

I think a large % of people don't understand what is required to tow safely - and honestly it can be confusing
A lot forget to check and take into account payload capacity of their tow vehicle

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

That is some funny shit right there. I feel like the guy sitting drinking beer when we watch boats docking at restaurants.
The funniest thing we ever saw was at a place called The Pointe here on the Bay. They have a big U shaped dock and this guy in a pretty small Bayliner (17 to 19 footer) open bow was parking in the middle of the U. Had his wife and child on the boat. As opposed to parallel parking or using a pole, dude ran straight into the middle of the dock with everybody watching (probably 250-300 people). Shook the whole dock to the point that somebody almost fell in. Wife lays into the husband loudly (making a scene) and tells him to go order food and starts chugging a bottle of wine. He comes back with drinks and she yells "No, you dumb MF'er, you dont get to sit on the boat!" and made him go away. About an hour later when he comes back with the food, we have a much louder, much drunker repeat. Dude had to give her the food and he had to go sit on the end of the dock to eat. The craziest shit I have ever seen.

2 most entertaining places to watch boaters are the ramp and the gas dock
in boating, slow and steady and even slower always wins out

2 months later
#258 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Took the sunfish out on the water for the first time this year! Always a fun time.
[quoted image]

one of the best bang for the buck boats you can buy
leaned to sail on them as a kid

#265 2 years ago

Always nice to be on the water at night

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#270 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Brought a good friend’s classic Donzi Minx down to the marina for the season last week for him.
As I’ve said in the past, my favorite boat is the one that I don’t own, but get invited on all the time![quoted image][quoted image]

Boats & Pools
Friends & Neighbors

2 weeks later
#281 2 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Key West poker run
[quoted image]

Crazy, 6 boats and 24 outboards

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

We did a trip from Milwuakee up to Door County a week ago. Weather was great and had some good family time. Yesterday was our 19 year anniversary. Sooo blessed that she put up with me all those years. . Hope everyone is having a great summer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ship looks great, enjoy!

1 month later
#296 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ordered the 18' sport today. 46 mph top speed, always wanted a pontoon but too slow. This is a great mix of speed and room for 6 or 7

plenty of fast pontoons on the market

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

... I see the used market to be flooded with these in 2-3 years as people either figure out boating isn't for them, ...

My guess is, the used boating market in general will be flooded with all types of boats in 2-3 years

6 months later
#320 2 years ago
Quoted from Katmando:

Just for tooling around the lake and the occasional tuber.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice, enjoy

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from Katmando:

Thank you. Had to special order the red for it. It is a 250 verado. Had a friend tell me he wished he went with the bigger engine so figured i would go big when I bought mine.

"I bought too much HP"
said nobody ever....

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I posted it on FB market 3 weeks ago not a single hit yet. We joked about making a flower planter out of it.

My local dump has a metal recycling area

3 months later
#369 1 year ago

Family is in Milwaukee this weekend and I was walking along the river when I came across a boat I thought I recognized from this thread,. Went back to this thread to find the pictures and verify boat name. It ended up being @lawnboy. Always cool running into pinsiders

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boats-owners-thread?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.