IMG_4517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
Fishing Boat Wiring 6 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 5 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 2 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 4 years ago

NY has had a boaters license requirement for personal watercrafts for years. As far as I know they do not require a license for boats at the moment, but I heard they are going in that direction. I got it back when it was a requirement for operating jet skis so I haven't stayed up to date.

I just checked the regulations here in NY and it looks like they have implemented a timeline based on your age to get a boaters license by 2025. By 2025 all boat operators must have a license. The interesting part is the regulation states renters will not need a license.

"Renting a boat

Persons may rent and operate a motor boat from a livery without first obtaining a boating safety certificate."

2 years later
#356 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Yep it’s a weep hole. It was running clear today after some work and testing and running some sea foam through. Replaced the fuel pump and the leaky old gas line and we look to be in business. Ran in the barrel great today, shifts good, idles good, read through how to properly adjust the rich/lean settings and did that. It’s ready for a test drive in the water now!
Thanks all for the helpful comments and suggestions!

That's great you got the motor running, congrats. I'm just curious since you didn't mention it, but I assume it is a 2 stroke and you are premixing your gas with oil. Also you can tell a lean or rich condition by checking your spark plugs. If your engine is running lean, the spark plugs will look more white depending on how lean it is and if it is running rich, the spark plugs will be darker depending on how rich. You want a nice slightly brownish color. As mentioned above, rich is ok, lean is a problem.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boats-owners-thread?tu=Monk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.