IMG_4517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4461 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
Fishing Boat Wiring 6 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 5 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 2 (resized).jpg
Fishing Boat Wiring 3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FrankJ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:Lake house - check
boat dock - check
boat - can't find one and every dealer is sold out of everything and the second hand market is dried up. what the hell? Looks like I will be boatless this season.

I’m officially old - so I’m looking for a decent pontoon to replace our family ski boat. Like you said, nothing available. One popped up for sale by owner about 50 miles away. I got 2 year old pictures. The boat is in his boat dealer’s storage warehouse so buried that we couldn’t get in to see it. The dealer had done the maintenance on the boat. Based on the pictures, the owner’s word, and maintenance records, I bought it. I was lucky. I was the first to respond to his ad. When we signed papers, he showed me his phone. There were over 40 messages in one day, several offering to buy the boat without seeing it.

I’ll see what I bought around April 1st to 15th when the boats start moving out to get ready for the season.

The boat, a 22ft Premier Pontoon with a 90hp Honda outboard and trailer.

1A6B0A10-B294-42BF-976B-01274492CC4E (resized).jpeg1A6B0A10-B294-42BF-976B-01274492CC4E (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#277 2 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

We spend a good chunk of time in Northern Wisconsin on the Three Lakes/Eagle River chain of lakes. Once a year I take the family up to Eagle River for cheeseburgers, just like my Grandpa did for us in the 60’s. The two chains are separated by a dam and you need to take the boat over on the burnt rollways boat hoist that’s been in operation since 1952.
[quoted image]

Memories! I haven’t been on that lift since the late 1970’s.

One of my roommates had his bachelor party in Three Lakes. It was at a bar/restaurant with sleeping rooms upstairs. We rented all of the rooms. At bar time, the owner locked the doors, put a bucket on the bar (for us to pay), and went home.

1 month later
#293 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Ive spent the last 4 weekends in Fremont WI with my boat.
If anyone is in that area and looking for a great time check it out.
I fell in love with the area and parked a travel trailer in a local campground on the river now.
Tons of restaurants and bars, plenty of sand bars, and of course a large tie up at the rock wall on Partrige lake every Saturday.

We started camping at Jellystone 15 years ago. Like you, we fell in love with the area. We bought in town two years ago. We put our house on the market last week to permanently move there. As Cowboy (local musician) says, “there’s something in the water”.

Currently, there are no pins in town. But soon there will be a few in my garage.

1 week later
#307 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

First oops on the water in 10 years. Let's see how long this takes to get a new tube made.
Nobody was injured but my pride took a good hit.
No leaks still floats and the dock was just scratched. [quoted image]

Saturday on the Wolf River? Between the high water and strong winds out of the north, I saw plenty of people have problems trying to dock.

6 months later
#323 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Lake Butte des Morts was opening up on Friday, I have the boat itch again.

First boat to head out on the still half frozen over Wolf River upstream in Fremont last weekend.

55D23B19-BF6D-4B9D-A955-30BF0CC1E599 (resized).jpeg55D23B19-BF6D-4B9D-A955-30BF0CC1E599 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#339 1 year ago

I’ve got to look, have I ever had a boat issue fixed for under $400?

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

How is the water level up by you? Its been a few weeks since I've been up there. I was at Gills on the river 3 weeks ago and river seemed like it was almost back to normal.

Water level is back to normal - even considering how much rain the area has gotten. White Bass are biting like crazy on the south side of town, moving up toward Partridge Lake now.

Since last fall, we moved - again. We’re right in the heart of downtown now, just south of the Webfooters.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FrankJ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/boats-owners-thread?tu=FrankJ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.