(Topic ID: 298876)

Boat Load of Mixed Small Pinball Machine Parts (York Show)

By too-many-pins

3 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 70 days ago by too-many-pins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

122_8891 (resized).JPG
    122_8890 (resized).JPG
    122_8889 (resized).JPG
    122_8886 (resized).JPG
    122_8884 (resized).JPG
    122_8882 (resized).JPG
    122_8881 (resized).JPG
    20210730_131211 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

Boat Load of Mixed Small Pinball Machine Parts (York Show)

Added: August 18th, 2021 Re-listed: 1 time (September 9th, 2021) Ended: September 24th, 2021
    Condition: Used, good condition

Price

$ 500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

Assorted 1960's through 1980's "small pinball parts" including items like: spinners, plastic post, lane guides, flipper links - bats & arms, coil stops, coils, coin entry plates, slingshot assemblies, pop bumper parts, mixed brackets & hardware, fuses, leaf switches, rollover wires,and just about anything else you can think of that an early SS or later EM pinball machine uses. Some is NOS and some is good used!

This lot is the "stuff" you always seem to end up needed and having to put orders in for pretty much every time you take on a project machine! Mostly "stupid little stuff" you have a heck of a time "sourcing".

Likely well over $2000 retail value and that is if you can even find some of this stuff!

I posted pictures of just a few of the items included in this lot. But pictures really don't "explain" much or even begin to give you any real idea of what all is included. Potential buyers really need to either look at this stuff in person or at least talk to me via email to understand what exactly I am selling.

If you fix up machines and are sick of having to make regular parts orders and are ready to just have what you need in stock when you need it talk to me!

One "catch" is there is way too much to ship so my buyer will need to either be local to central PA or headed to the York Pinball Show.

I'll also be listing a second "cheaper" lot of "small parts" because I have way more parts than most people will use in a lifetime. So breaking it in to a couple lots just seems to make the most sense.

Item photos

122_8881 (resized).JPG
    122_8882 (resized).JPG
    122_8884 (resized).JPG
    122_8886 (resized).JPG
    122_8889 (resized).JPG
    122_8890 (resized).JPG
    122_8891 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

#2 3 months ago

As we "exit" the hobby we have sold off most of our machines, my used pinball parts business and a good bit of other stuff we had around from the 10 plus years we were very active in the hobby. But recently I took a bunch of pinball parts as partial payment for a machine I was selling and I really don't need them so I am trying to sell them "as a lot" to someone "fairly local" to Central PA (or we could meet up at the York Show later this Fall).

I am looking to get $500 (firm) for everything and will be working on a full list over the next few days. Lot includes: a ton of new & used coil stops, lots of used targets, dozens of boxes of NOS Slow Blow Fuses & light bulbs, playfield post, post nuts, and other small hardware and a lot more. Lot will also include dozens of coils, several "impossible to find" Gottlieb Coin Chutes, and some other harder to find items.

At a guess I would say estimated "retail" value of these parts would be over $2000 (if you can find them anywhere). Most of the parts are 1960's & 1970's EM & earlier SS stuff. This group of stuff would be great for someone who does a lot of repairs (or restorations) and is sick of constantly having to place orders with suppliers every time they need a handful of little items!

According to Pinside "rules" I needed to list this in the "for sale" section to be able to make this post. I was hoping to be able to wait to do that until I had some kind of a list but no such luck. Anyway I'll get a list together ASAP and change my ad once I do. I'll also post updated information here in the forum as I process through this stuff this week.

If you don't know who I am take a look at my feedbacks here to see that I will be "more than fair" with anyone interested in this stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll also have a lot of mixed ramps for 1980's (to early 1990's) machines I'll be trying to sell as another lot in the near future. Once I finish sorting through the rest of this mess I'll put a separate post up about them.

#3 3 months ago

Any of those classic marbled posts for old 60s Williams? I need some to finish my build

#4 3 months ago

With the us printing paper this price will seem like peanuts in a few years.

#5 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

It seems like peanuts now.

#6 3 months ago
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #7 3 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Any of those classic marbled posts for old 60s Williams? I need some to finish my build

What I need to avoid is getting back into selling a few parts here & there and really want to find someone who is interested in "stocking up" on a great load of hard to find parts all for one great low price. To answer your question about marbleized post I really don't know yet.

#8 3 months ago

Could you spread the parts out and take a video of them?
    If you posted the video to Youtube you could link to it and everyone could see what they're buying without having to write up a big list.

#9 3 months ago
    Quoted from coolwhs:

Could you spread the parts out and take a video of them?
    If you posted the video to Youtube you could link to it and everyone could see what they're buying without having to write up a big list.

My issue is space (as always). I have been trying to work in an area about 20% of the size that I need for years and now that I have "changed gears" and gotten back into the model railroad hobby space is even tighter for me. So typically what I try to do it post stuff I will be getting ready to sell a few days (or weeks) before I actually have the stuff ready to sell hoping by the time I have stuff actually ready to sell I'll have a buyer lined up.

As far as this group of parts the "right customer" will be a guy that is sick & tired of getting a machine 95% finished then having to wait for a parts order with a couple $5 or $10 parts to finish their machine. These were the guys "go to" parts (I had the same type setup when I was doing repairs) that keep you from constantly having to order a couple stupid little things to finish up a project.

The majority of the value will be stuff like flipper links, coil stops, and slow blow fuses. But the lot will also include an assortment of used targets, rollerover wires, ball gates, plastic post, screws - nuts - bolts, and other small parts that always seem to be an issue every time you either shop out or repair a machine.

During the 12 years we were involved in the hobby I was able to repair close to 400 machines only having to make a handful of orders for new parts and simply digging through my inventory of used and NOS parts for about 95% of what I needed. My personal parts inventory was sold off when I sold the pinball parts business a couple years ago but this group of parts is basically very similar to my working "stash" and is the type of things that will "save your ass" if you fix up a lot of machines. And over 1/2 of the parts are already sorted and organized in plastic bins to make things even easier for the buyer.

With the cost of flipper rebuild kits, new coil stops, slow blow fuses, and other small parts it will not take many trips to this pile of stuff to save you more than the $500 investment. But more importantly you will not be waiting a week for that parts order because you can just reach into a bin (or box of parts) and grab what you need to finish up that machine you are working on. And if you are doing a lot of repairs without having a parts inventory you know exactly what I am talking about!

I have sold groups of parts like this in the past and the guys who have bought them from me thank me every time I see them. Typically about a shopping cart full of "the right parts" will fix 95% of the machines you will work on. And it always seems to be that one or two "crazy little things" that keeps you from finishing up a machine in a timely manner.

#10 3 months ago

At this point I have replied to 5 different people who have voiced an interest in this stuff. I am not calling it "sale pending" yet but I do need to wait to hear back from them before replying to anyone else. THANKS for all the interest!

To be "fair" with everyone I reply to emails in the order they come in and wait until I hear back from those people before offering the stuff to additional people. ("Old School" seller I guess but it works for me). Skip

#11 3 months ago

No interest in the parts but wanted to say thanks for selling me that Rock playfield. I brought it back to life with new code and hardware, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Couldn't have done it without you. GL with your trains.

20210730_131211 (resized).jpg

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

No interest in the parts but wanted to say thanks for selling me that Rock playfield. I brought it back to life with new code and hardware, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Couldn't have done it without you. GL with your trains.
    [quoted image]

That machine looks great! I am always happy to hear from previous customers and to see some of the "junk" I have acquired over the years help machines live on or become something cool. Will you be bringing that machine to the York Show I would love to see it in person? -Skip-

#13 3 months ago

OK, I have given the first 5 people who asked about this stuff over 12 hours to get back to me and I have not gotten a reply so I am ready to answer a few more questions if anyone else has an interest. From my experience selling -- if someone is even "semi serious" about buying something they communicate quickly once I reply to their questions so I am assuming the first group of people were just curious (or they were looking for someone giving stuff away).

Anyone who knows me (or who has done business with me) knows I am always "more than fair" with both my pricing & customer service but I also know what pinball parts are worth and I have no interest in just giving this stuff away. Pricing on this lot of parts is about 20% of "low end" retail value but it really isn't as much about the value of the stuff as it is about the value of having it when you need it. Since I am no longer doing pinball repair this stuff has ZERO value to me but if I don't get someone seriously interested before the weekend I'll start listing some of the "rare" higher end stuff on eBay over the weekend. My goal is to get this stuff gone as quickly as possible which sounds kind of crazy when I don't even have it all boxed up yet. But I really need space right now so I am trying to get this stuff gone ASAP.

So if it doesn't move as a lot quickly I'll just sell off a few items on eBay to get my $500 then give the balance of the stuff to one of my local pinball buddies.

Anyway - thanks for all the questions so far and keep them coming. I know this load of stuff will be a huge help to the right person however I don't know if I am going to find that person quick enough to keep me from doing things the "hard way". Regardless of how things work out I know this stuff is going to either be a huge help to someone or it will make dozens of people happy if I start listing some of it on eBay. -Skip-

#14 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Cant you just take some pics at least? NOS fuses arn't a really big selling point and you're a bit vague.

#15 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Cant you just take some pics at least? NOS fuses arn't a really big selling point and you're a bit vague.

My issue right now is I have boxes of train stuff piled on top of boxes of pinball stuff with piles of shipping boxes piled on top of all of it. So over the next few days I'll be working to get this mess "sorted out" and get some pictures posted if I don't find a local buyer beforehand.

As far as fuses "not being a big deal". Good Slow Blow fuses can run close to a dollar each when you are buying them a few at a time so the couple hundred (or more) slow blow fuses in this lot would cost around $150 to $200 to replace if you were just trying to stock up on some of those. And that is just one little item in the lot that is in the corner of one of the boxes. Another example of "hidden value" is 50+ coil stops organized in a plastic box with dividers would cost over $300 to replace. Add the Gottlieb coin chutes to the mix and just the coin chutes, fuses & coil stops would cost more than I am asking for everything if you were trying to build this inventory from scratch!

I'll be working with this stuff as quickly as possible over the next few days and hope to have at least a few pictures posted early next week. But to keep things moving quickly I always try to lay some groundwork and get communication open with several interested people ASAP. When you are dealing with tractor trailer loads of stuff and working in a shoe box life is no fun!

#16 3 months ago

All parts are in used condition with exception being SB fuses correct?

How many boxes & size of box?

Pics are extremely helpful

#17 3 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

All parts are in used condition with exception being SB fuses correct?
    How many boxes & size of box?
    Pics are extremely helpful

There is a mix of NOS, recently manufactured new, and good used parts. As far as "number of boxes" the issue is a lot of the stuff is in storage drawers, plastic storage bins, etc so "volume" of stuff all depends on what a buyer would want. If the parts are going to be shipped it would most likely be more "cost effective" to have me just ship the parts in zip lock bags without the bins. But someone local picking the stuff up would likely want the bins & small drawer units.

Best way I can describe the lot as it sits is everything would likely fit in a Walmart shopping cart with room to spare. But as far as shipping everything that is probably not practical. If someone wants the stuff shipped they are likely better off just having me ship the more expensive stuff in 8 or 10 USPS Medium Flat Rate Boxes.

As far as pictures - if someone local doesn't grab the stuff before I get to doing them I'll likely have pictures posted sometime next week. Right now I am still trying to get likes with likes so it all makes a little more sense!

#18 3 months ago

I marked the listing "sale pending" because it is going to be a week or two before I'll be able to get pictures posted. Once I get pictures posted I'll put the listing back up for sale if none of my interested parties takes the stuff before that. THANKS for all the interest! Skip

1 week later
    #19 3 months ago

Pictures coming in a couple days! I put listing back up without pictures for now hoping someone local might be interested and might want to start a dialog about this stuff. Feel free to email if you want to know more. Just looking to get this stuff to someone it will help! Buyer will not be disappointed!

#20 3 months ago

I am still sorting stuff but I added a few pictures to my listing trying to get information off to some of the people who have asked about this stuff. These pictures are "just a sample" of some of the stuff included and they don't really tell you much but I needed to get something posted to keep people happy. HOPEFULLY I'll get some better pictures posted later today or tomorrow for everyone.

Since I am still sorting & organizing this stuff bins might look a little different once everything is reorganized. Pictures only represent a sample of this stuff included in this lot. There will be a lot more stuff & pictures posted later.

THANKS! Skip

#21 3 months ago

I need the space and this stuff isn't selling right now so I am going to take the listing down and just put it all away for a while. THANKS to everyone who showed an interest! My timing just wasn't right so I'll dig the stuff out in the future and try again. THANKS AGAIN! Skip

#22 84 days ago

OK - The Holiday weekend is behind us and I am "further along" with my sorting so I decided to post this ad again for anyone who might be interested.

I also listed a "smaller" $250 lot of mixed parts for sale because I have had several people ask if it would be possible to buy a "smaller lot" of mixed parts from me. This should actually work out very well because I had way more of some items than most people would use in a lifetime so breaking this stuff into "smaller lots" will help more people and keep the cost of each lot down.

If it turns out I have more interest in "smaller lots" I will also consider breaking this $500 lot into two smaller $250 lots. Regardless of how I break it down buyers will be buying these parts at about 10 to 20% of the cost of buying this stuff from suppliers (or on eBay). So for every $100 spent a buyer will be getting $400 to $1000 worth of parts at retail prices. (I have been doing pinball parts for over 10 years so I know what "fair prices" are and this stuff is priced CHEAP to sell quickly). Also each lot will include a good many "like new" organizing bins. To replace these bins alone would likely cost you 35 to 50% of my asking price for the lot of parts. This is a FIRE SALE and stuff is priced to sell since we are getting away from the hobby completely (other than a small collection of machines we are keeping for our gameroom).

A couple people have asked about buying this stuff for resale and that isn't really what these parts are. These parts are mostly the "little bits" you need to fix machines NOT complete assemblies you could sell online or at shows.

1 week later
    #23 72 days ago

I want to "bump" this post again because I am FINALLY getting close to having it all sorted out and the York Show is getting closer if anyone is interested & wants to pick the stuff up at the York Show. If this stuff doesn't sell before York I'll likely just break it down into "smaller lots" and sell the stuff on eBay for 3 or 4 times the money but I would really prefer getting it to someone who is doing a fair amount of repairs as one lot because that is the guy this stuff will help the most.

To me it isn't about the money it is about getting this stuff to someone it will help. Most people can't even begin to understand how helpful having a group of parts like this is but once you have your own parts inventory you will wonder how you ever fixed machines without having a parts inventory.

In any event this stuff has to go one way or another. Price is FIRM but don't let that worry you because it is priced at a "give away price" with everything that is included. I have not done final counts yet but I know just the coils included in this lot are worth more than I am asking for the lot. And the coils are just one of a couple dozen boxes & bins of parts included in the lot.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions

#24 70 days ago

Both lots are now spoken for!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside