• Latest reply 1 year ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220731_172712452 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

What's the protocol with these blue tags that you see on some of the old classic Bally SS boards? If they come from the factory, should they be (or would they have been) removed when serviced for the first time outside the factory? Not sure if they have any significance, other than as an artifact.

Just curious. Thanks and Cheers!

PXL_20220731_172712452 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_172712452 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

I thought those tags were from being serviced. I've seen a few on my old Ballys. Peach State and Eldorado on the backsides that I have seen. Businesses that serviced boards I believe.

#3 1 year ago

Those are service tags.

I cut them off because they're in the way, ugly, and the companies are usually no longer in business...or there is no company name on them at all.

#4 1 year ago

I cut em off. They aren't useful for anything.

#5 1 year ago

Sure, I figured they were service tags, just wasn't sure if they came out of the factory like that, or if these were installed by a third party servicer later. These don't have any company name on them, and these boards have (as far as I can tell) not been serviced at all ... surprisingly.

#7 1 year ago

"Atlas Music Co" tags have been on at least 10 Bally SS games I've had.

#8 1 year ago

NO NO YOU CAN'T TAKE THEM OFF, it's just like cutting off the tag from your mattress......, it's against the law and just isn't done. The drop down tag ninja's are gonna come take you away if you do..........

John

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
$ 10.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/board-tags-in-early-bally-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.