13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by NoVArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glilly-boa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 13 years ago

If you're not comfortable doing the soldering your self and you have someone else who can do it, invest in the beer

Soldering components on is easy enough (although, it can be messed up), but removing the old components is the tricky part. If you don't know what your doing, you can damage the board pretty easily.

I do all my own repairs as well as a lot of other Electronics work. I'm sure a lot of others on here do as well. You can too, with a little practice, just take your time and you might practice on something you arent afraid to damage first.

I bought a Digital Solder station of my own from Newark Electronics, but you can get an inexpensive unit from Radio Shack.

G

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glilly-boa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/board-repair?tu=glilly-boa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.