Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Anyone in Eugene Oregon do basic board repair work? I need to get the batteries off the board on a System 11 and I don't want to jack it up doing it myself.

#2 7 years ago

Use the no solder remote battery setup sold by Rob. Will save you money and time as you can do it yourself simply as changing batteries.

http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm

Scroll down the page and look for:

No-Solder Remote Battery Holder--New Options!--$6.99-$19.99

#3 7 years ago

I would love that, but the battery holder on my board has seen better days, and starting to fall apart.

#4 7 years ago

If you have corrosion causing the battery holder to fall apart the problem may be worse than what you observe.

Under the battery holder and frequently the victims of corrosion are very fine traces. If corrosion has reached these
traces and is removed, the delicate traces may need subsequent repair which can be time consuming.

I would take a closeup picture of the battery holder. You may need to send the board off to someone willing to do
the work in removing the holder and adding either a remote holder or perhaps adding a NVRAM.

1 week later
#5 7 years ago

Who is a good person for board repair?
The traces themselves look clean and nice, but I want to add a remote holder or NVRAM.

#6 7 years ago

It sounds like you want relatively simple work done your board. I'm just starting to offer board work services, but have 30+ years experience. I can do the work for you but I'm not local so you would have to send the board out. There are also several individuals on pinside that would be able to do this work for you, their information is in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/board-repair-service-recommendations#post-3239989 and they come highly recommended and do really great work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/board-repair-in-eugene-oregon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.