Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I've got a Batman Forever that makes a loud clicking sound when certain lights flash. At first I thought it was coming from one of the LED bulbs in the head, but found out that it was coming from the board itself. It only happens when certain lights flash. Is this normal?

#2 5 years ago

It's the relay that controls the on/off of the GI. Normal. (For Stern/Sega/Data East for sure. Probably others too. )

#3 5 years ago

Yup - that's what DE and Sega games do. CLICK CLICK CLICK. Totally normal.

#4 5 years ago

It's a relay - an electromechanical switch. Totally normal.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply - it seems really loud in a home setting but I guess that's just the way it is.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Thanks for the quick reply - it seems really loud in a home setting but I guess that's just the way it is.

You should hear Tron when ZUSE fast scoring is running and every switch hit flickers the lights....nail a spinner real good and CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Lutz, FL
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside