View topic image gallery

IMG_20171003_212842 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171003_194253 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171003_194003 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171003_193619 (resized).jpg
20171003_113008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171003_142629 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171003_142557 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Those two tantalum caps always blow on that board. Replace them with electrolytic caps 10uF 25v+

The tantalum cap failure could be from excessive ripple on the 12v supply. You can check VAC across the 12v filter cap on the power supply board. Anything more than quarter volt of AC seen and that cap needs to be replaced.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from ilikepinball:

I didn't know that. Thank you. I will check and change the caps.
To be sure that I didn't had a black out while playing with the plugs, I still need photos.
Anyone out there with a Truck Stop?

I suppose if the 12v was hooked up to the 43v it would make those caps blow too. I think they are rated 25v.... but it is very typical for those caps to be bad.

The bally manuals should help. Even if you dont have one for truck stop, a similar game will be wired up the same. The way the connectors are done, you have to try pretty hard to plug something in wrong.

Often on games that have sat for a while and then powered up, both of them will go off like firecrackers. Usually those boards looks like this.... evidence of a burn out

20171003_113008 (resized).jpg20171003_113008 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

reset is generated by 12v. Since parts there went bang, including tantalums what are probably across the 12v too, id imagine you hit the 12v supply with over voltage.

I don't think it is ruined, but it will probably take some work to fix. I would replace what has failed and see where you are. The resistors are probably fine, lift one leg and recheck if you want to be sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/board-blown-up-photos-needed-bally-truck-stop?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.