Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KingDaddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Will a LOTR fit in the back of a BMW X5 with the seats folded down?

I did find a thread on the X3 and I'm guessing the answer may be "yes" but wanted to see if anyone has personal experience.

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

You bet. My x5 is a great pin hauler.

Tip: get a long thin PVC pipe to put under the pin, you can literally "roll" a pin into the back. Makes unload easier as well.

#3 11 years ago

Does the top of the pin need to be folded down or just legs taken off? (this is my first go at this so don't really know what I'm doing )

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Does the top of the pin need to be folded down or just legs taken off?

Fold the head down, make sure you put a thick piece of cardboard or blanket between the head and the rails when you do. You don't HAVE to put the head down, but it's a lot safer and makes it easier to carry around.

-Wes

#5 11 years ago

Does the top of the pin need to be folded down or just legs taken off? (this is my first go at this so don't really know what I'm doing )

There should be threads on this around here I think. Either that or Im sure someone will have a link to a way to break the game down. Is the person you are buying it from pretty familiar with it? They should know what to do. You will want shrink wrap, blanket, et cet. to keep from damaging it.

#6 11 years ago

I did find a thread on the X3 and I'm guessing the answer may be "yes" but wanted to see if anyone has personal experience.
Thanks.

Ha. The title led me to believe that you wanted to trade a X5 for a LOTR. I was ready to see the x5. Good luck with LOTRX5

#7 11 years ago

Thanks.

If you have the long panoramic sunroof it will just fit in a e53 up to i think 2007. I had just enough room for some cardboard between the headliner and the head of the game to protect the headliner.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ha. The title led me to believe that you wanted to trade a X5 for a LOTR. I was ready to see the x5. Good luck with LOTRX5

Beautiful

2 years later
#9 9 years ago

I have a 2009 X5 (E70) and I recently picked up a Tee'd Off - and with the legs removed/head folded I only got it partially in... I had to use cargo straps and wasn't able to fully shut the back. Fortunately, I was only going a few miles - but no way would this have worked long distance.

Tee'd Off is a Gottlieb "Tank" - big machine to say the least... Wondering if anyone knows if Williams/Bally late 80's-90's machines will fit in my car better?

Thanks

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

I have a 2009 X5 (E70) and I recently picked up a Tee'd Off - and with the legs removed/head folded I only got it partially in... I had to use cargo straps and wasn't able to fully shut the back. Fortunately, I was only going a few miles - but no way would this have worked long distance.
Tee'd Off is a Gottlieb "Tank" - big machine to say the least... Wondering if anyone knows if Williams/Bally late 80's-90's machines will fit in my car better?
Thanks

Hmmm, that's interesting. I've had several X5's over the years, with a 2013 at the moment, and I think the only game I've hauled where I've had a headroom problem is Stargate. That head didn't have to come off, but I had to unscrew it and slide it forward a bit. Every other game has fit without an issue, including Sterns. The Gottliebs must be higher?

Also, just a note, the tailgate "will" take the weight of a pin. I move them by myself all the time and leverage the whole machine on the tailgate as I lower it down. Never had an issue on any of the models.

#11 9 years ago

Interesting... I'm thinking the girth of those Gottlieb System 3's is the culprit. Just to clarify, you have fit other machines with the head folded ("thickest" side closest to tailgate) in your 2013 E70, correct?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Interesting... I'm thinking the girth of those Gottlieb System 3's is the culprit. Just to clarify, you have fit other machines with the head folded ("thickest" side closest to tailgate) in your 2013 E70, correct?

Correct.

#13 9 years ago

Excellent - thks for the info.

#14 9 years ago

Anyone know if a Road Show will fit in an X5 E70?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bmw-x5-transport-for-a-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.