Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

My wife daily drives a '11 328i Sport Wagon, with the I6 engine. Has around 90K miles on it. It hasn't ever been in the shop, and has had normal routine care. The problems that exist on this car still are still the same as when I had a '94 530i V8 (125K miles before I sold it a few years ago). Leaking oil at the oil filter housing gasket, valve cover gasket, idler pulley going bad, creaking suspension. Haven't had any issues with the car spending an inordinate amount of time in the shop. There's a reason why people either lease BMWs or don't own them outside of warranty. It drives unbelievably well, and hasn't had a major malfunction *knock on wood,* but I will probably never own another BMW again.

Conversely, I drive an '11 Infiniti M37X. About 95k miles, and the only things I've done to it are routine fluids, and normal wear/tear items. I have absolute confidence that my car won't be saddled up on a shop.

BMWs are nice looking cars, and are excellent drivers when new, but as they age, you either need to be a car person yourself, or knows someone that can do it for you as a favor or cheap, because they can be a bear to maintain. For me, I'm getting too lazy to work on cars anymore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bmw-x1-decent-car-haul-a-pin?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.