New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 185852)

BM66...Let's be honest.

By Cheese_WizardPQ

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 605 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Cheese_WizardPQ
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4758 (resized).JPG
IMG_0403 (resized).JPG
IMG_5131 (resized).JPG
IMG_3238 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1498054064506 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1498054047351 (resized).jpg
0000 (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A game every three years with the all the best programmers in the business makes perfect sense.

You also get code support with extensive new features and light shows for years after release. WoZ is 5 years in and still getting updates.

3 weeks later
#416 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS - I'm glad you're enjoying your first pin.

Ah, yes. We all remember that crappy pin we owned in the beginning that we would defend unto death. Eventually we admitted it sucked and moved on.

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Careful....not the thread to post positive BM66 thoughts/ impressions. Just looked at it as there was a sudden uptick in posts.

Haha, I went to check the Stern site first when I saw all the posts because surely there must have been a code drop...nope.

4 weeks later
#561 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So how are owners still feeling about this one? Code starting to come around or does it still have a long ways to go?

No one should even consider buying one until 1.0 code shows up around the end of the year. Too many much more complete and fun pins to enjoy in the meantime.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As a result the prices on those games sky rocketed! Look at what AC/DC premiums and LEs where fetching HUO (more than NIB in some cases) up until the recent vault re run rumours/announcement.

So while I understand god frustration waiting for 1.0 could be a mistake if Lyman does his magic on BM66 demand might out strip supply and people are left paying a premium on an already premium game or funding flippers.

Since there is still inventory out there, and probably will be for some time, I don't think this is a risk through 2017 probably into 2018, at least in the US market. Lyman may well make a classic, but that's an IF, not a when, and we have no idea when that endpoint is, except that it's definitely not this year. Why tie up $8k with a very unfinished machine when you can have a complete, playable and fun machine for those 6-10 months and then decide on Batman'66 when there's at least a base of code at 1.00 to evaluate? Makes no sense.

3 months later
#604 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Maybe some BM66 Owners will feel its ok to come out and admit the game is about average, or so so.

In its current alpha form, it's not even so-so. And yet, 111 days since the last code of any kind was released. Next month is a YEAR since it was revealed, and it's not even what many would consider beta yet.

I'm sure plenty of BM'66 owners are jonesing for the next AWESOME Ka-Pow production announcement next month so they can do this all over again. :/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside