IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 7 years ago

LE owner here...I have no regrets purchasing the game.

If the code stays the way it is a year from now, then I'll regret it.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I'm sorry the OP is disappointed with his game. I like mine but there are many games out there that I just don't care for. Luckily there's something for everyone.

People love Twilight Zone and Addams Family. I find those 2 pins to be meh. People aren't too high on Transformers, but I love it.

Not sure where this recent trend on Pinside started, where it appears people have a mission to get as many people they can to dislike a machine.

If we had less to choose from, then we would have a dying hobby. As rasavage said, there's something for everyone.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Once you've owned say 30+ pins or played, you become a good judge on gameplay, Tron and IM both fast and brutal, LOTR and TSPP both very lengthy ball times etc no one will debate this. So the part that's frustrating is guys who play pinball saying BM66 it smooth as butter!
Most watched the Jack Danger launch and while watching Lyman (a bloody good player) bricking the shots, making it look clunky as hell said it all. If Lyman can't make the game shoot like butter old Iceman and MK6PIN sure as hell can't.
No ones trying to add more code to LOTR and no ones making new ramp designs for Tron. BM66 owners are. Question is why, if it's shooting so smooth?
It's like the old rating chestnut. Own the game and most rate it high, once they sell the sucker they edit the rating for their true opinion.

I've been able to get some good flow on my Batman LE.

Outside of adjusting 1 joker target and replacing the left ramp plastic with lexan, all I've had to do is mylar and cliffy some areas, which I do on every single NIB game I own.

1 month later
#427 6 years ago

I only played one of the Batmans in Allentown. Game wasn't operating correctly, the turntable was turning. As to why, I have no idea. Playing that game, yes, it will suck.

As a Batman 66 LE owner, I can honestly say that with the last code update, the fun factor has been added to the game. I know it's not complete, but as it stands now, there's pretty much always something to shoot for.

As the secondary villains get added, more animations/clips are added, more callouts are added, the game will only get better and better. Just look at the Bat Turn, that came out of nowhere and it's a fun mode.

As a note, IMO, all new games at shows, should come equipped with headphones. Pinfest 2016 had ghostbusters pro with headphones and it was great. You could hear everything you need to hear in the game.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

Finally was able to play both BM and AS side by side. Software aside, BM was a turd, AS was a breath of fresh air for Stern. AS will outsell BM 10, if not more. The BM playfield looked like it was assembled from leftover parts in the factory parts bin. I expect BM development to be abandoned shortly once its a bit more functional, so they can focus on moving new units of newer games.

Batman 66 will probably only outsell Wrestlemania...After all, Batman was not a high production game.

#461 6 years ago

Seems like the ones who hate the game the most don't own the game.

Everyone who has played mine likes it.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

And it seems like those that love the game own it. They just cant admit they made a mistake getting it..... If this game is so great why do you have to keep defending it? If it was so great it would speak for itself....

There's nothing to defend on the game yet...the code is still incomplete. We were told by Stern beforehand that it would be a while.

This is not a KISS situation.

The hate some people throw at the machine comes across as petty.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Hey Trekkie1978! Thanks for the beer and letting me come over to play your $10000-15000 pinball machine and the rest of your awesome collection for free! You are the greatest! Oh by they way, Bataman sucks, you are a sucker, and you got ripped off. Also Captain Kirk is a fag. Hey can I come by again next week?"

Friends do tell me which games they like and don't like in my collection.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Nothing to defend? Most folks are saying the game shoots bad / clunky. How will code fix play field physics? This is my opinion, and apparently the opinion of others. So because we don't own the game, but have played it we can't share our thoughts?

Mine shoots smooth...maybe everyone should come over and try mine.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Any shot hit cleanly is going to be smooth. Gomez is pretty well known for some clunky ramps though. 2 of the best games ever made (lotr and MB) have some wonky ramps that rattle and reject made shots. So games with great themes, awesome toys, and good code can overcome that. My main concern in the turn table. It's just not fun to me. So for me BM66 currently has a cool theme, one terrible toy and 1 good one, and bad code.
That's just my opinion though. Different strokes for different folks.

On my left ramp, the clear plastic protector, I changed over to Lexan. Made the ramp shot smooth.

My machine was built before they added the extended plastic.

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Ok, let's be honest...
I really like the original tv series and so looked forward to this pin's debut.
Like many, I've followed along with the spectacle that has played out on Pinside regarding it's appearance at Expo, first models out, early code and progress thus far. Eager to get some time on a machine, I've put quite a bit of money through one on location, over multiple visits, even though it meant an hour drive to do so. The last trip, I brought the family along to play some pins, bowl a bit, and have an afternoon out.
What happened next surprised me.
Though she normally sits off to the side and patiently waits for me to run out of money, my wife, who eschews playing on location as she feels it's a waste of money, decided to join me in a game of BM66. That one game turned into two, then three. Soon, I found her tugging on my sleeve asking for more quarters even though I had moved on.
She's now mentioned to me three times that she'd like to have this game in our home; the first pin she's ever expressed an interest in.
When asked what she enjoys about it, she likes the art, the clips on the lcd, the music, the rotating toy with the tiny television, and how the playfield is easy to see the ball and know what to do. She said it feels like an updated EM, simple, honest, and fun.
Ironically, as eager as I was to like this pin, I don't. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I just hoped for more.
The dilemma...what to do when your wife wants an expensive game that you don't care for, hmmmm.
What is fortunate is that there is such a large number of choices in today's market that appeal to different types of prospective players.

You have no choice...looks like you need to pony up.

Remember, happy wife...happy life.

3 weeks later
#540 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, man. I'm JJP's number 1 cheerleader. Look at how much I adore The Hobbit. You got me!
The problem with people like you on Pinside is you don't allow for anything but total polar opposite opinions. It makes discussion around here really poor. I like some things, I don't like others. There are yet other things that I'm lukewarm to. I don't care what manufacturer put out a game, I'll play the game (imagine that, playing the game!), and judge what's in front of me at that time. If I don't like it, I'll say that I don't like it. If I do like it, I'll say so. If I really like it, I'll buy it. I don't really put much more thought and effort into it.
Batman '66, as it stands right now is a dud. It's shallow and feels cheap. I hold out hope that it gets better, and I am open to revising my thoughts on the game. I feel the same way about The Hobbit (aside from it feeling cheap). It's just a dud.
Here are a few more of my opinions, since you seem to care so much!
Ghostbusters - Great game! Needs a code revision desperately though.
Game of Thrones - Fantastic game, as long as it's the pro. Killer code work from Dwight.
KISS - Really a chore to play. Not fun.
Rob Zombie - Not a fan of the layout or the current code. We'll see what the update brings.
America's Most Haunted - Great fun! I like the code and the layout.
Aerosmith - It's just ok. Feels overly familiar, but it's a pretty good layout. The code is fine.
Full Throttle - Not much of a fan. Don't care for the code and the theme integration is a bit lame.
Alien - Fun game! I need more time to really get dialed into the shots, but I like what I've seen.
Dialed In - Amazing layout and I dig the code. I'm all in on this one. I don't love the art, but it's fitting. Great LCD work.
Jurassic Park - Underrated pin that is a great bang for your buck experience. Great starter pin.
Need some more?

Batman a dud?

I had friends over last weekend to play some pinball. We probably played my Batman a good 3 hours. Code is already at a fun level. Give Lyman more time and it will become an epic level. Remember, he signed the playfield for a reason.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So how are owners still feeling about this one? Code starting to come around or does it still have a long ways to go?

I love the last code. I know it's not complete, but it's a lot of fun to play. The next code update will only be that much better.

I won't lie, the wait for code is a bummer, but I am happy to have an LE. Once Lyman is done, this game should be epic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 34.99
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.