IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 7 years ago

How did I miss another "I hate BM thread" ( think there may have been a new "TRONVE coming" that caught my eye....)

Own a BM66LE...paid $9800.00. Too many pluses for me to pass. Mine came pretty early. Hardware never fell off, but was loose in certain areas ( found during initial clean). Fixed.

In complete honesty- the pin makes me smile every time I turn it on, FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. It's just got the perfect mix for me. love the shit out of the game. It's actually refreshing to " finish" the session, understanding the code will improve, as opposed getting my ass handed to me, or long, long ball-times.

I play mine for about an hour, then pick my poison through the rest of the lineup.

Wait until the villain tv on the turntable starts barking at you.....people's opinions will change....

Sorry for the positive post in your thread, but truth, for me...

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think your collection looks awesome jwilson
I don't understand how BM66 is crappy though. 2 smooth orbits, 2 smooth ramp shots, nice wide target shots, and the roving crane toy (which is awesome). Not to mention the spinning mech which has loads of potential (Admittedly underrealized currently!)
I find this pin a lot of fun, and I've owned a lot of games too. I've been playing for 30+ years, and collecting for almost 20.
I wouldn't for a moment say, "Rush out and buy this machine", but I'm really happy I have it. I have confidence it'll end up being great. As I said, I already like it WAY more than I liked early TWD!
If this thread is about being honest, then let's be honest. Nobody knows what this pin will be like a year from now. I think it'll be great. I'm a big fan of Lyman's nuanced approach, and I have every confidence that he will make this game special.
Lighten up boys. We're all on a nerdy pinball forum on a Friday night. NOBODY Here is cool!

Very well said...it's a little too logical though, so suspect it will be shredded in short order.

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm bummed to hear it stinks. I really like the theme and in a year or two, IF Stern has fixes their current issues (code & quality), I'll likely be back to buying NIB's from them. I was hoping this would be one of them...Oh well.

It doesn't stink....there are many that likes the game besides Ice ( I like it a lot). There just comes a point when it pointless to debate. Everyone has an opinion. The title of this ( and a couple other) threads should give you a clue as to where the op's opinion is.

I don't really give a shit, as fortunately, I bought it for me, not anyone else. Several titles I could start a thread like this about, but truly have better things to do.

If you want a gauge, go to the club thread....or play one and judge for yourself.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I agree at all that people should play it first and judge for themselves. Same with any game. There are games that many people love that I can't stand (ACDC and GB) and some that many people hate that I like (Xmen).
But I completely disagree with the the statement that if you want a true gauge of the game go to the club thread. That's BS. If you say negative things about a game in a club thread you are quickly told to take your thoughts somewhere else. The club thread is not for negativity. So its not at all a fair and balanced view of what people who have played the game think of it. Its a fan boy thread. The title of this thread is fair and balanced. It asks for people's honest views of the game. That does not doom the thread to negativity. Its about being honest.
I, like many people who have played BM66 and spent some quality time on it think the game is clunky, doesn't shoot well and simply isn't that fun. Code updates generally don't make an unfun game to shoot, fun to shoot. The shots are the shots. We can't say that in the club thread.

I should have said " go to the club thread as well", as the view is quite different. Club threads are far from fanboy threads, but one like this is geared to everyone pissed at Stern, period ( sometimes, appear pissed, period, by their comments).

Call bullshit on the "fair and balanced" title of the thread. I was " honest" in my statement that I liked the game, and apparently, I'm either rich to keep it, or part of the 1% that like it. Both are ridiculous assumptions. Nothing wrong with an opinion, good or bad. Just stating to read some of the other threads, and play it. If you like it or not is for you to decide.

I've no problem with negative threads, as it's healthy to hear all sides.

( btw, I'll never own a DI, but love my WOZ. I find no joy in pointing it out across several threads. BM66LE stays for me because I ENJOY IT, even with early code)

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Going from Dialed In to BM66 was like going from a yacht to a dinghy.

Ummm....no

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy sh*t Batman! KPG just unleashed the Beast! POW!!

Nah.....just mostly more of the same old sh*t. Sometimes fun to read, sometimes not.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well if it sucks it isn't going to get any better.
At least there are only 240
Wait until the bottom drops out of DI $10k LEs.
2500? Never sell close to that many

And I only think 120 Stateside (?), as there have been some posting abroad they haven't arrived yet....

Thank goodness only a few will experience the pain....

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

But for me this game as a sour taste (obviously)

Hence the point of me stating the obvious earlier.

My children (5!!) will still have a great life even if I die without selling.

I certainly hope so. Seriously, this is just pinball, and sorry you don't like BM66, but at the end of the day ( or end of whatever) it's just a game. Pinball has been the best hobby, on several levels, for me. No way I would get too worked up about one I didn't like. Just dump it and move on if you don't enjoy it.

Heading to gameroom now .......beer and BM66LE on tap ( beer actually in a bottle)...

#230 7 years ago

Samething here but waiting for UFC to start!
We all think the same; it's just a hobby.
On my 99things to stress about BM66 next update is 3476
Have a drink on me!

Exactly!!! Think I shall....

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

No ones trying to add more code to LOTR and no ones making new ramp designs for Tron. BM66 owners are. Question is why, if it's shooting so smooth?

Think all of my games have gone through code updates...I MOD ALL of my games ( including TRONLE and IMVE) ...the ramp MOD I'm working on will make the left ramp more stable, and even smoother ( did I say " MOD" enough?).

So an owner's opinion that hates the game is more valid than an owner's opinion that likes it (oh, I forgot, I'm in the 1%)? To be so wise...if I only played better, I'd realize the game sucks....some classic sh*t there....gong back to "practice" some more......wow....since when is liking a pin a sin on PINSIDE?

Whatever.....

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are gonna need several more beers tonight MK.
Relax and enjoy that fun pin!
No beers for me tonight
Pinsinner had a good honest review.
Not laced with garbage and dog shit references

Yep....all good here

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

All the games I've owned or own get bashed by people who dislike. Not one of my posts have been to defend any of these titles, not one.

But you don't mind defending a negative one, without even playing it, and seeing an early video? I don't have to defend or justify any of my pin choices with anyone...simply giving and reinforcing MY HONEST OPINION, as the Op asked for

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pinside needs a designated fans thread, owners thread, and haters thread for each game.
This place goes to shit when those groups co-mingle too much, and it's made worse by a few key people on all sides that just want to stir the pot and start drama.
But thats none of my business.

Nah....people that take this stuff too seriously need to find a new hobby....( some have ) I just like the Pins...

BM66 just paying its Pinside dues .....sure, it's too expensive, but all of them are. Doesn't make it a bad game, but rather an easy target....I enjoy the game a lot, and others don't......whatever...

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

These two statements pretty much sum up the LE for me. And the only opinion on the game that matters is mine, so the haters can hate all they want...
Congrats on your new game!

+ 1000....enjoy the game!!!

1 week later
#393 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love this thread, not that I have any opinion one way or the other. But the idea is that *some* people can love a game and *some* people can dislike it or think meh. It doesn't have to be all or none. I mean 'New Direction' or Justin Bieber has a ton of fans and I don't particularly care for their music.
Also, I can change my mind about something. At one time, I thought Metallica music was meh, but now after I got all their back catalogue really appreciate them.
Another thing, I owned XMLE and disliked it (maybe like OP with BM66) so I didn't play it much and I decided to sell it. Anyway when I was waiting for it to sell I figured since I already paid for it and would take a loss, I may as well play it before it goes out the door. After playing it extensively I got into a groove and didn't feel like selling it (at a big loss) so I kept it. I ended up keeping it for ~4 years. Sold it for a loss, but at least I was able to play it, and I still like it *some* just not as much as TWD or SM (which I replaced it with).
IOW a game could be OK (so-so) and you could play it and have a good time, but maybe you'd rather have spent $9-10K or whatever BM66 LE costs on two Stern pro games or two nice older games or maybe a A1 mint HEP restored TZ or TAF or something really special.
Because BM66 LE/SLE has a super-charged price doesn't mean it's bad, just that it gets compared to some very nice pins in the Elite category and some might think for $10-$15K BM66 is more of a money grab than an Elite pin.

Pretty fair post...agreed. It seems the flames are dying a bit, and appreciate your "either way" take on the title. I think(hope) the "Elite" tag will fit with BM66LE when it's done, as theme does drive alot of my desire to own a pin or not. Was seriously looking at a BMTDK just before this title was announced as I wanted a BM, so fit perfectly for me. I have some standard "elite" series pins now (TRONLE, TAF, TZ, etc.) but people bag on those too. I also have non "elite" titles which i still enjoy quite a bit (WCS for example). Completely agree with your statement "a super-charged price doesn't mean it's bad". Easily the biggest point of contention.

My BM66LE was 9500, not completely out of line for what they are charging for other LE's (+/- 1500. or so). Never wanted an SLE, as 10k was my justified budget limit on these toys. The theme is spot on for me (WAY more than GB, AM, GOT), and even with "soft" code, still makes me smile when I play it...months later.

Thanks for a rational post in this thread......

2 weeks later
#455 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I agree with you, BM66>AS. AS just doesnt do it for me, i dont like the gimmies into the lock ball on it at all and songs got boring quick. BM66 to me is fun in its infant state so with complete code will be great fun. I prefer the music on BM66 with its jazzy retro vibe. Have to give the games some time to develop over next 2 years code wise but id assume AS will not get much more code and BM66 will completely feel like a different coded game when done.

Careful....not the thread to post positive BM66 thoughts/ impressions. Just looked at it as there was a sudden uptick in posts. Back out (actually draining this one..absolutely nothing constructive, and the hate as opposed to just not liking the game is just childish bullshit)....stupidest ongoing thread I've seen in awhile (next to the TRONVE's that pop up every so often)...point? More fun to hate/ berate/ badger/ belittle the game and people that like it (huge components in envy mindset)....out.....carry on.....(maybe rename the thread, so people that have a positive thing to say don't get shredded)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.