IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Respectfully disagreeing, Aerosmith's collection of shitty toys is significantly LESS entertaining than that awesome turntable. See how that works?

Let's just agree that both games toys suck and move on.

Both games have about 70 people with it on there wish list. Neither game is exactly setting the world on fire with sales.

#159 7 years ago

I approached this game for the first time with an open mind and was looking forward to playing it. It just falls flat for me. Maybe that opinion will change when it's complete, but I'm not counting on that. Add in the price and there's just not anything that resembles value there.

Stern needs to seriously step it up. GB was a step forward with new stuff even though I don't like the game. Got to give JT credit for mixing it up. Borg and Ritchie seem to be in a rut to me. Im not paying a premium for anything stern does just because they slap some star wars art on it. They just proved they have no problem dicking over 320 of their most loyal customers with BM66. Star Wars is going to be more of the same with an even bigger price.

I am excited to see what Mark Ritchie, Nordman, and Keith are working on. We know the first 2 and both of those guys haven't had a full design in a while and both are always super creative.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm looking forward to the next boutique game from Kamikow

thank you sir may i have another 1 (resized).jpgthank you sir may i have another 1 (resized).jpg

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The game is not a remake. It shares the crane and right side layout. Big deal.
It's absolutely absurd that some want to write this off as TDKVE. As you say, "Wow, just wow."

I would say it's more absurd to not at a minimum consider BM66 a very slightly modified version of TDK. Change one shot to a ramp, make the joker reveal a turn table. That's really all that is different game play wise, everything is else is just cosmetic. The code will eventually separate the play a good amount but at the moment there's not enough code to even do that.

Quoted from iceman44:

Since May of last year, when the first one came up on Pinside there have been 59 archived ads, and now 7 current ones. That's just the archived ones on Pinside.
Check out the prices people wanted back then versus today.
It looks like a fun pin to me, I'm just saying, see a lot of them for so little delivered.
Btw, congrats to Dani, she kicks the old man's ass doesn't she!

It's a different layout which many people beg for but secretly don't really want. Anytime you have a bunch of people committing to something they haven't played that is a very adult theme and very different I think you will see a lot of people bail quickly. I've had fun everytime I've played RZ and I like it because it's different. Many people are going to think it's to hard and just like with stern a lot of people get frustrated and will not wait for the code to get finished. I would guess that the vast majority of the sales of RZ went to pinsiders as it would have been sold out before others even knew it was happening. I have yet to see a RZ for sale elsewhere that wasn't listed on pinside also. I'm sure several changed hands elsewhere but lets say 280 are delivered and 80 have already been sold. That's still 71% of owners keeping their games. I would say most other games from stern or JJP have a similar track record. A lot of the sales are later NIB games that the buyer is already chasing something new because 14 month was to long to keep their attention span. Lots of new games are coming out and most people can't just keep buying without selling.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Agreed! Cash grabbing Stern releases too many pins per year. Most with incomplete code, poor quality, overloaded programmers and pissed off customers. I'm curious how much longer they'll get away with this shit. Now I have to spend time reinforcing my cabinets before they split. For all Stern has done to save pinball they're doing everything they can to shit on all their past achievements. I love Star Wars and I'm sure it's gonna look sweet when it's revealed. But it'll be made by Stern...easy pass.

You thought those new metal leg protectors were to save your art. They are actually the only thing holding the cabinet together

3 weeks later
#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There's nothing to defend on the game yet...the code is still incomplete. We were told by Stern beforehand that it would be a while.
This is not a KISS situation.
The hate some people throw at the machine comes across as petty.

There's no way for you to know what stern will do with the code or if it will be finished to your satisfaction. So people can only judge a game based on it's current state. I also don't understand the owners who claim people are jealous and that is why people are having negative reviews of it. Simple fact is it is the worst normal stern release right now other then WWE. In it's current state GB, TWD, AS, KISS, SMVE, GOT, and MET are all better games. Add in that when you match any of those at the premium level against BM66 that is 1K more and you end up with a game that isn't selling. The people that love the theme already bought an LE and the people that don't care for the theme or are just in it for the game play are going to buy a cheaper better game.

I hope everyone that bought this game likes it and that stern turns out some great code for it. Personally I would be very worried if I owned one though. More sales are not going to happen unless the code overcomes some of the layout issues. Will stern invest their most popular coder's time into a game that isn't selling though? At some point if premiums are not moving what is the pay off to stern to have one of their greatest assets wasting away on a game that is not continuing to make money?

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mine shoots smooth...maybe everyone should come over and try mine.

Any shot hit cleanly is going to be smooth. Gomez is pretty well known for some clunky ramps though. 2 of the best games ever made (lotr and MB) have some wonky ramps that rattle and reject made shots. So games with great themes, awesome toys, and good code can overcome that. My main concern in the turn table. It's just not fun to me. So for me BM66 currently has a cool theme, one terrible toy and 1 good one, and bad code.

That's just my opinion though. Different strokes for different folks.

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's not "by a mile" but go ahead and exaggerate it.
In fact, I actually put both BM66LE and ASLE next to each other in my house, and while i love ASLE, its awesome too, BM66 will get there eventually with Lyman code.
Of course AS is better out of the gate much better at this point. Not by a mile.

It's his opinion. How do you know he doesn't prefer Aerosmith by a mile? Just like you hate Dailed In, maybe some of us think that poorly of BM66.

3 weeks later
#556 6 years ago

So how are owners still feeling about this one? Code starting to come around or does it still have a long ways to go?

2 weeks later
#572 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thrilled with my BM66 except for progress of the code.
Jar's comments are ridiculous. His opinion though. I think the DI theme and artwork is AWFUL.

And just like when he never misses a chance to bash BM66, you never pass up a chance to take a swipe at DI.

It's going to be funny when Lyman crushes the code and Jar155 buys one and when you finally get to really experience DI in a home environment and have to eat your words and bring one home.

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'll never buy one. That layout is terrible. The entire left half of that machine is a big design mistake.
Dialed In doesn't have much to do with Batman '66 in any way, but, um, ok...

That DI part was for Iceman, hence the reason he was quoted.

Lots of people said the same thing about IM.

#577 6 years ago

If Lyman would get going on the code I'll get me a premium to put next to a DI

I got to know Iceman, how can you like roadshow but be so crazy against DI. They might be 2 of the worst modern pinball themes ever. Good thing game play comes first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 34.99
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.