IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Lyman is good.

Typo? When it comes to code...

Lyman is a god

He is pretty much responsible for Sterns too 5 games imo.

#294 7 years ago

Price is the issue on this title, other than the price the comments are the same things that where said about SM, MET, TWD, clunkfest, boring, worst title ever etc etc etc, now look what's said about those titles, awesome, best games ever etc etc.

We should all know by now you can't pass final judgement on a game Stern puts out for at least a year/until the code gets somewhere near complete.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Time and time again this happens. If you are considering buying one I would jump on it. After code comes around the game has only 1 option. Go up in value.

That's generally the way it seems to go if Lyman is lead on code, otherwise it can be a gamble, one would have to guess that Lyman may possess a little pull at Stern and get given a little more time on his games, not to mention he has often added/finished code on his own time.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not to mention the fact that the actual playfield/toys aren't that well received.

I would take the crane over any copy and past stationary bash target any day, once Lyman gets the crane behaviour, sounds and lighting up to or better than what's set in BDK it's a great pinball toy/mech.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Even if there is a major turnaround in code, I don't expect flippers to get rich off this game.

The way prices are going I don't think flippers will be getting rich of many future titles.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

the crane was one of the coolest pinball toys ever.

It is! Easily one of my favourite toys/mechs on a Stern.

#368 7 years ago

Lets be honest.... if Magic Girl is worth $25k+ BM66 is easily worth $10k! I'll take my fully functioning pinball machine over a box of lights that looks like a pinball machine any day!

1 month later
#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

BM66 scores a whopping 4 out of 10 in Buffalo Pinball's latest review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLxv7Si8AfIM_uwMNdrpmkx0T1Z46UhTFr&v=nHo_-imkiBQ
LOTS of room for improvement apparently - yikes!

I am an LE owner and I would say that's about right maybe 5/10 imo, but you have to remember the code isn't even half finished, half the features don't work/aren't coded yet. So they are totally right there is ALOT of room for improvement and with Lyman on code it will come its just a matter of when, MET, TWD, even games going back like SM suffered a similar rep/fate for well over a year after their release but with time Lyman turned them all into awesome game, I would consider SM & TWD close to masterpieces.

Once the code is done on BM66 the real judgement can be passed on it, but if people are working on the premise that its a 4 or 5 out of 10 and its less than half coded, then technically once the other half of the code/features are added if that other half of the game is also a 4 or 5 out of 10 then we should be left with a 8 or 10 out of 10 game?!?

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

They are just jealous haters.

If Iceman has had a drink tonight you know that's going to fire him up

#531 6 years ago

I was doing exactly the same with my NIB SM, BDK and TWD and my friend was the same with his NIB MET and Lyman delivered on all those games, even BDK was vastly improved with its final code update.

#539 6 years ago

Only one way to settle this, you two need to fight this one out

0000 (resized).png0000 (resized).png

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I would love nothing more than for Batman '66 to become a modern masterpiece. I find that unlikely due to the layout, but some dodgy layouts have been elevated by code.

TWD would fit the above criteria, I remember upon release it was called a clunkfest and the layout was slagged off no end. Lymans code literally made it feel like a completely different game, pure brilliance from Lyman on TWD. I love the BM66 layout but then again I liked BDK a lot as it was so different to everything else I had, I just wanted that upper playfield and terrible teeter totter ramp replaced and BM66 did just that.

Quoted from jar155:

We can very much dislike B66 today and love it in a year. Iron Man went through that cycle, but I would argue that IM has a vastly superior layout.
We'll see. But since this thread is about being honest, it seems only appropriate to admit that the game is deeply flawed in its current state. CURRENT STATE. So chill when people drop in and don't seem to like it right now. You might! That's ok.

Perfectly said Jar at the moment BM66 is about a 5 out of 10, but its also less than half complete so it will be interesting to see where it ends up in a years time/whenever Lyman gets code complete, what he is adding slowly with each update is building a good foundation for some more awesome code from Lyman, just a case of time and patience.

#558 6 years ago

Once dialled in and adjusted (pretty much the same for 90% of NIB games I have had) it shoots great, nice change of pace compared to my other games and ALOT of other Sterns.

Code is still pretty basic but last update showed the huge potential the pin has and what Lyman might have in store for owners. Like with most of Lymans recent games it takes time for him to turn them into greatness!

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one should even consider buying one until 1.0 code shows up around the end of the year. Too many much more complete and fun pins to enjoy in the meantime.

While I don't fully agree I get where your coming from vire, the wait for this code is frustrating especially considering starting at Alpha upon release, plus the price paid definitely increases that frustration.

But the problem with waiting until 1.0 is Lymans history, look at what he did with SM, AC/DC, MET, TWD after a year+ after their releases, he took games that where looked at as disappointing and turned them into modern day classics!

As a result the prices on those games sky rocketed! Look at what AC/DC premiums and LEs where fetching HUO (more than NIB in some cases) up until the recent vault re run rumours/announcement.

If my memory is correct we also saw several reruns of SM after Spidey got its BIG update and we have seen AC/DC prices increase and now a vault, MET holding value well and in high demand and that's still in production and TWD is holding value well sometimes LEs fetching almost new money.

So while I understand god frustration waiting for 1.0 could be a mistake if Lyman does his magic on BM66 demand might out strip supply and people are left paying a premium on an already premium game or funding flippers.

1 week later
#567 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Shameless and lazy. They recycled the same images AGAIN for the topper and art blades. Most phoned in game Stern has ever done? Yeah, probably.

Phoned in you say?

IMG_3238 (resized).JPGIMG_3238 (resized).JPG

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Iron Man always had a good layout though.

It's not what people felt to begin with, most people wrote off IM said the layout was a copy of a sh*t game - AP which i actually like.

Quoted from jar155:

Batman's layout is pretty weak in the areas it works, and really bad in the areas where it doesn't. No code will fix that turntable. It's a bad mech. An orbit shouldn't have to be hit with pinpoint precision and speed to go through smoothly, but that's how that left orbit works. It's just a half-baked design.

It's a Gomez design, his designs always seem to be a little disjointed or have weak areas, LOTR, TF, Avengers, BM. I think we have become to accustomed to Ritchie & Borg designs over the years, Borg has been making hit after hit and he's abit of flow monster although he likes to add bash toys to mix up his designs, Borg is the king of fun

Honestly Jar my left orbit out the box has been perfect, I am not the best player in the world but I can hit thst orbit at will most of the time, a hard shot will go into the riddler scoop a shot with a little less pace on it will loop the orbits nicely.

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Unreal, but whoever bought BM66 allowed it to happen.

Maybe in the US you have a point but outside of the US I don't think anything was "allowed" as such, here in the UK my BM66LE is the same price as ASLE & SWLE, BM66 is just the new standard Stern pricing here minus the pro offering.

1 month later
#586 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats intetesting. So does that mean you guys getting a BM66 LE at a bargain price or are they over charging you for ASLE and SWLE ?

BM66LE was the first 10k LE here, ASLE & SWLE have just continued that, so its not option 1 certainly no bargain prices, more like option 2 over paying on ASLE and SWLE but option 3 is probably more accurate - overpaying for any pinball these days.

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just got a Premium. Having an issue with the ball stuck in the batmobile spinner and goes into ball search. What is the fix for that?

Jim is it sitting on the lip of the spinner? Try a little more pitch on the game.

I have had it happen a few times usually on a weak shot or if the spinner isn't quite setup for a clean pass through, but raising the game a little it's not happened since and a little more speed on the game makes it play even better.

#590 6 years ago

Wow that's different the only time I have had the ball stuck on the spinner is on the actual gap/edges where the spinner and playfield meet. Maybe try raising pitch a little, that might cure that too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 34.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.