IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

The night stalker is one of the best shows ever on tv.

I lived that show as a kid. When the first Night Stalker TV movie aired back in 72 it was ABC's highest rated original movie ever. Its the show that inspired Chris Carter to create the X-Files.

And to stay on topic I think Batman 66 is a fun game.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really? X-Files came from Night Stalker. My grandmother used to let me stay up all night and watch TV on the weekends when i stayed with her and Kolchak was #1.

Chris Carter was such a fan of the show he had Darren McGavin as a character on Xfiles. He also had an "homage" to Carl Kolchack (including the straw hat and white tennis shoes) in another episode.

ibSNC-1478269215-6537-list_items-kolchak_xfiles (resized).jpgibSNC-1478269215-6537-list_items-kolchak_xfiles (resized).jpg

tv_kolchak_duo1a (resized).jpgtv_kolchak_duo1a (resized).jpg

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Okay to start with,who is the wise guy that first mentioned Kolchak: The Night Stalker ?? That show used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid! So of course I had to order the whole dvd series off Amazon!! That show was awesome!
(17 bucks - I couldn't pass it up) !

Be aware that that DVD doesn't have the first two Night Stalker TV movies on it. The populaeity of those movies is what drove them to make the series. Most agree that first movie was the best of the series. So if you want to get those open the wallet again.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Ice the other problem going for the BM66 LE is that there is nothing LE to it beyond that number. Minus that it is just a premium, and that is actually being generous IMO, with a low production run.

Well the LE (and SLE) get one of the coolest looking (my opinion) toppers yet.

1 week later
#392 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Whatever they think of the game, I think pretty much everyone agrees that BM66 pricing is a money grab.

I agree the price is inflated for the premium but I think a portion of the excess cost is due to Kapow needing to get their piece of the pie. Joe Kaminkow is a very sucessful business man and I'm sure he's getting a decent cut of the Batman 66 profits.

Similar to Whoa Nellie where Whiz Bang needed their cut in addition to Stern. Whoa Nellie costs more than an Aerosmith pro but looking at what you get it should cost less. You could argue that the crate vs legs drove the cost up but didnt Pabst Can Crusher have the same cost without the crate?

3 weeks later
#491 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mine shoots smooth...maybe everyone should come over and try mine.

Quoted from PiperPinball:

Mine also shoots very smooth......

I agree with these guys that my game shoots pretty smooth, doesn't seem clunky at all to me. I do however agree that turntable is slow to rotate to the phone. Wish it did that faster. Not sure it the code can fix that or if its a mechanical limitation. Once I enable the one of the main villains I'm usually ready to the shoot the phone befroe it gets in position and have to wait for it.

Quoted from jgentry:

My main concern in the turn table. It's just not fun to me. So for me BM66 currently has a cool theme, one terrible toy and 1 good one, and bad code.
That's just my opinion though. Different strokes for different folks.

I like the turntable. Before the 71 code it was more limited but with 71 you now have the incentive to hit the batcave spinner to enable the bat turn mode as well as shooting for the ball lock. Right now the TV portion on it doesn't do anything but I expect it will be the main focal point when the minor villains are added to the code.

I just hope newbies don't find this thread and believe all the negatively until they try it themselves. Some will like it some won't, nothing wrong with that. Its all pinball so its all good. I don't think any pinball game really "sucks" (well maybe except for south park).

2 months later
#584 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

here in the UK my BM66LE is the same price as ASLE & SWLE

Thats intetesting. So does that mean you guys getting a BM66 LE at a bargain price or are they over charging you for ASLE and SWLE ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.