IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheese_WizardPQ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

It's not a club

Just wanted to share the other side of a BM66 Le owner side.

this game has so many taboos. The price? Codes? It sucks? Yep

I own a LE. Play it with friends, newbs, hardcore fans, kids, etc..since January.

I paid as much as my expectation were. Love the theme. I'm a hard player and diehard collector.
Some might have a hard one on StarWars, I love Batman ( and Gb and aéro. I paid for it. Can we put money aside now?

It f&$nig suck

I played it, a lot, a lot...

"code is so early!!"

You're right. it's a fact.

But let's put aside the fuhkin code.

The actual physical parts, physics and goals of it land to nothing.

It's mounted so cheap. So cheap!

The TABOO question; Lyman: how far can you go with a "dream theme" based on one "super mech" that now nobody cares with a game so short on opportunity.?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Uh-oh...this ought to be an interesting thread.

I sound like a troll but I'm not.
Please let's this thread as intelligent as we are

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You purchased the game knowing ALL of that. What's the problem? Play your other 37 pins while you wait.

Knowing? Remember? It was in the dark

#15 7 years ago

LTg; thanks you're right

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Why would people want to point out anything?
Anyone on PinSide who disagrees is clearly wrong.

That was my point.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am the proud owner of a Batman premium. I'm not going to talk it down because I have good taste. And with that good taste I only buy the tastiest games. And there's no way I'd ever buy something that doesn't reflect that good taste.

Odin chiming on my post it's like the Pope grabbing my ass; we don't know if he's in or not

#28 7 years ago

It is not about the money.

It is about " is it fun?"

Why can guys with money on a game can't say "...meh..7.5/10"

Iceman; and I think you are a funny guy/wise to read. Can you?
Ok if it's 10. You're still funny

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Go try it on the Aerosmith thread and see how many friends you make!

Funny ))

#31 7 years ago
#35 7 years ago

Iceman and Odin were true fair guys to chimed on this post. I still think your bucks are better in your pockets

#37 7 years ago

Only missing Crazylevy saying I should kill myself instead of it and the case is done.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta start using some of my intelligence.

You better than that ...Pokémon Go

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Aerosmith's collection of recycled toys is significantly more entertaining than that shitty turntable. Lyman will make Batman not suck, but he can't work miracles (e.g. fix hardware).

Mine was better but that rest the case

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure what the point of this thread is or why the OP thought we needed another one on BM66.

2 words: deep frustration.
But you're right. Dead horse.

Selling the game? Please help find someone willing to pay 14500$Cdn for it. There is so many better options these days.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why do we need another thread to spew the same "I like it" therefore you're wrong/"I don't like it" therefore I'm right arguments?

Just to piss you off man. I also woke up this morning asking myself what you think I should do with my day. Relax. It's a pinball forum

So easy to skip this thread but you had to take the time to write in it.

#120 7 years ago

Invisiglass could have been nice for this price. Don't even come with a key fob

#155 7 years ago

What are all these possibilites that Lyman is suppose to add with the huge mech? These game changers? It spins. Left or right.
It's like adding a mini LCD (MDM) on TOM's trunk and saying it's another game now.
The code will not add more toys or cool things to look at. The Ramps will still be made from clothes hanger.

I hope for an update really really soon to get me wrong and I will be the first in line to tell iceman he was right.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hopefully, in the end, the owners a truly happy and not just blowing smoke on Pinside.

+1000
There is nothing else to say.
At the end, it's only pinball

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

But I completely disagree with the the statement that if you want a true gauge of the game go to the club thread. That's BS.

Exactly. I posted some of my Bm66 in the club because it's a place to enjoy and share the game.
I didn't post my actual comment in the "First BM66 impression" thread cause I think we are long past the first date with this game.

It's a thread to be honnest with each others. All opinions are good

#203 7 years ago

Honestly I didn't think my thread would go like this. Really. I rarely comment (bad or good) on pin and I'm more of a Tech question guide on pinside.

i was 100% sure it would end with 4-5 guys telling me to get over it or sell.

This game polarize pinside. I poked the bees nest.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I see Zero BM66LEs for sale. I guess owners hate it so much they must just prefer to burn it down instead of going through the trouble of selling it

Right now selling is to much of a loss.

#219 7 years ago

My children (5!!) will still have a great life even if I die without selling. I can wait.
But I'm curious how many people would buy at 9k right now. I can't imagine selling under that.

My bet: none
We all have to wait at 1.00 and see.
But for me this game as a sour taste (obviously)

#226 7 years ago

The thing that bothers me the most is knowing that Stern/Lyman worked for many many months on this game to reveal at 0.58
But it's ok. I decided to be in early.

But I read that now it's common sens to to wait 6-12months more to get a playable game? Money is not even an issue. It's a Ferrari with a fiero in it

Lyman will really spend 6-12 months on it this year? At Stern pace he already has to work on its next!! I know he is good but does he have the liberty to express his talent?

Stern has to hit a wall soon.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Heading to gameroom now .......beer and BM66LE on tap ( beer actually in a bottle)...

Samething here but waiting for UFC to start!

We all think the same; it's just a hobby.
On my 99things to stress about BM66 next update is 3476

Have a drink on me!

#231 7 years ago

I think I know why you love this game so much MK6PIN. You always play it drunk haha
Try a game tomorrow am

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Got to play this in the dark and was surprised by what seems like a lack of lighting - no spotlights on the center playfield? It really made the majority of the gameplay feel very far away. It felt like I was bowling.

The first thing I did is add 4 spotlights to make colors pop. This was on my list of why it looks cheap and ''meh'' but this one can be apply to every new game these days.

I really don't want to sound dark but what would happen to Stern if Lyman get sick or whatever for 3-6 months? By reading some comments, Lyman is the only thing Keeping Stern in Business. Scary

#387 6 years ago

I gave the game more love this weekend. I know it could be great even with all the actual flaws
Can a new code give the magnet a real powerful grip on the ball? It grabs the ball once every 10 times on mine

And what about the batphone rotation? I have to hit it to start a mode but it takes forever to rotate in place. Doesn't feel "live"
Is it something I have to tune?

3 weeks later
#422 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

36, need to subtract one for your statement to make sense

100% right on this one. 36 great games and 1 thing that feels soulless. Even if Lyman is half good as people wish, the game feels small with no WOW factor. I know, I'm beating a dead horse.

Mine is already for sale. I truly hope someone will buy it and love it. There is absolutely nothing collectible in that game.

#425 6 years ago

Iceman as much as we disagree on BM66, I have to admit that I envy your positive attitude ( or maybe your money has stockholm syndrom whit this game)

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Wow my first ever down vote....oh wait no worries it's from BM66's #1 cheerleader

Don't feel special. I'm in the club too!

IMG_0007 (resized).PNGIMG_0007 (resized).PNG

4 months later
#592 6 years ago

5 months since this post. I would never guess we still be at this beta state today.

#595 6 years ago

You're 100% right Rai.
It was a big gamble. I played and I lost.
I couldn't imagine Stern doing a shitty game to honor their 30 year anniversary.
Now I realized more than ever that this game is over. Lyman can add some multiplier shots or stacking modes but the magic is gone.
I will sell it with no regret when time comes.

#601 6 years ago

I'm not saying the game will no be coded great someday. It might be a grail for someone in a month. But for my kind, this game will never be magic. I bought it with Gomez words in mind "one of the greatest mech of all time!!"
It's on this one I could sue Stern
My TOM has a rotisserie already and Batman's does nothing more than turn on itself. No magic there...
Call outs and musics will help. More clips too. But it still stays a game with only 2 orbits and 2 Ramps (crane is cool but after 4 times it's boring as hell)

#603 6 years ago

For some BM66 owners the game is religion and Lyman is the Christ.
No miracle there...

Where is Iceman?? The Holy Ghost

#605 6 years ago

My money is on TNA since Spooky released it. So anxious to own this one!
I'm currently playing and worshiping an Elvis and the quality of this Stern Makes présent LE looks shit
Gold die cut ramps x2
WoW

IMG_4758 (resized).JPGIMG_4758 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheese_WizardPQ.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest?tu=Cheese_WizardPQ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.