IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 6 years ago

Finally got to play BM66 at Allentown ......... was disappointed.
It's probably one of my top 5 themes. I wanted to love it so bad, but it was just ok.
I really didn't want to believe the complaints others had posted, but most of them rang true for me.
Nothing really drew me back to it after a few games.
I almost bought this sight unseen becuase of the theme, now I really don't have much desire.
I had more fun playing aerosmith and ghostbusters....

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

It's fun, where we're the price police when MM, CC ,MB , were $12,000- $16,000. Now that was a joke. BMLE is a great
change that few own, but many complain about. Now those pins have dropped like a rock. Life is good !

The SLE at 15k was a joke! Sorry but BM SLE/LE feel like a Stern pro. My local arcade have BM66 and AS pro sitting side by side and I prefer AS!

#403 6 years ago

Got to play it at Allentown. It was ok, but I don't understand the price tag that comes with it.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

There is nothing spectacular about the game (other than the price).
What would have been a classy move by Stern would have to release the game as a single model, low cost release as a true celebration (and thank you) for 30 years. A game that everybody could afford and they were all the same.

crazy (resized).jpgcrazy (resized).jpg

#405 6 years ago

Allow me to channel my inner Billy Joel...(sorry too lazy to come up with more than one verse and chorus but feel free to contribute)

"Honesty"

If you search for suckers
They aren't hard to find
Just say the letters S.L.E.
But if you look for awesomeness
You might just as well be blind
It's as bad as Arnold playing Mr. Freeze

Honesty...is such an ugly word
But Batman 66 just blows
Make a video...and send Gary 15 grand
Get rewarded with a shiny turd.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Allow me to channel my inner Billy Joel...(sorry too lazy to come up with more than one verse and chorus but feel free to contribute)
"Honesty"
They aren't hard to find
But Batman 66 just blows

imagine this is a piano

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Honesty"
They aren't hard to find
But Batman 66 just blows

Wow, now you guys are writing tribute songs about this game. Pinside is truly obsessed with b66.

#408 6 years ago

I was waiting for people to chime in after Allentown and it is just as I suspected, the game is a turd.

#409 6 years ago

Jealousy Is The Greatest Form Of Flattery...

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeWellSpent:

Jealousy Is The Greatest Form Of Flattery...

Thank You For Capitalizing Everything. Let Me Write This In A Way You'll Understand:

It Has Nothing To Do With Jealousy. I'm A Huge Batman Fan. I Played The Game In Allentown.

It Sucks.

#411 6 years ago

Nevermind....

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank You For Capitalizing Everything. Let Me Write This In A Way You'll Understand:
It Has Nothing To Do With Jealousy. I'm A Huge Batman Fan. I Played The Game In Allentown.
It Sucks.

Did I capitalize everything? Maybe the first letter of each word, but not everything. I guess that's why you think this game sucks. You have no attention to detail.

Glad you played in Allentown. I played in my basement. It is Awesome and will only get better.

#413 6 years ago

It felt like avengers to me.. heavy duty cardboard.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeWellSpent:

Did I capitalize everything? Maybe the first letter of each word, but not everything. I guess that's why you think this game sucks. You have no attention to detail.
Glad you played in Allentown. I played in my basement. It is Awesome and will only get better.

I edit books. I have attention to detail.

And it was your mother's basement.

PS - I'm glad you're enjoying your first pin.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And it was your mother's basement.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS - I'm glad you're enjoying your first pin.

Ah, yes. We all remember that crappy pin we owned in the beginning that we would defend unto death. Eventually we admitted it sucked and moved on.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, yes. We all remember that crappy pin we owned in the beginning that we would defend unto death. Eventually we admitted it sucked and moved on.

Says the guy who has the "crappy" pin listed for $20k. Are you out of your mind man!

All you haters keep talking it down because you want one. This has been the only one on the market, other than another overpriced Seller in Gap.

Owners aren't gonna sell this collectible, beautiful and eventual masterpiece.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You purchased the game knowing ALL of that. What's the problem? Play your other 37 pins while you wait.

36, need to subtract one for your statement to make sense

#419 6 years ago

Isn't BM66 just a re-skinned BMDK? The discussion is like it's something new...I don't get it, Big Dan.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All you haters keep talking it down because you want one.

Thanks for the morning laugh.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Isn't BM66 just a re-skinned BMDK? The discussion is like it's something new...I don't get it, Big Dan.

You will get mixed opinions on this one. The so called "haters" will say yes. The Stern Avengers will so no that the rotisserie and, I believe, an extra ramp shot makes it a different game or something to that effect. However, for the most part the layout draws heavily from BMDK including the major toy from the game, the crane.

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

36, need to subtract one for your statement to make sense

100% right on this one. 36 great games and 1 thing that feels soulless. Even if Lyman is half good as people wish, the game feels small with no WOW factor. I know, I'm beating a dead horse.

Mine is already for sale. I truly hope someone will buy it and love it. There is absolutely nothing collectible in that game.

#423 6 years ago

Ciao Bella

Afternoon here, party time!

Sell it now Cheese, before the code is finished and it skyrockets!

Long term winner. Demand rises in the years to come and supply is nada

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Honesty"
They aren't hard to find
But Batman 66 just blows

Upvote if you agree that Levi should post only in rhymes from here on.
His post was that good

#425 6 years ago

Iceman as much as we disagree on BM66, I have to admit that I envy your positive attitude ( or maybe your money has stockholm syndrom whit this game)

#426 6 years ago
#427 6 years ago

I only played one of the Batmans in Allentown. Game wasn't operating correctly, the turntable was turning. As to why, I have no idea. Playing that game, yes, it will suck.

As a Batman 66 LE owner, I can honestly say that with the last code update, the fun factor has been added to the game. I know it's not complete, but as it stands now, there's pretty much always something to shoot for.

As the secondary villains get added, more animations/clips are added, more callouts are added, the game will only get better and better. Just look at the Bat Turn, that came out of nowhere and it's a fun mode.

As a note, IMO, all new games at shows, should come equipped with headphones. Pinfest 2016 had ghostbusters pro with headphones and it was great. You could hear everything you need to hear in the game.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Says the guy who has the "crappy" pin listed for $20k. Are you out of your mind man!
All you haters keep talking it down because you want one. This has been the only one on the market, other than another overpriced Seller in Gap.
Owners aren't gonna sell this collectible, beautiful and eventual masterpiece.

Quoted from iceman44:

Ciao Bella
Afternoon here, party time!
Sell it now Cheese, before the code is finished and it skyrockets!
Long term winner. Demand rises in the years to come and supply is nada

Posts bookmarked for posterity (or posteriority in this case).

Will revisit in 2018.

#429 6 years ago

You guy's are too funny, knocking an alpha BM66 code for its game play.

I wonder how many of you will end up chewing your own words when the code is completed and you
end up having a BM66 in your collection.

I mean, come on. AS better then BM66 ?
AS doesn't even have a bash toy

I'm very happy to have purchased a BM66 after playing AS and GB to decide which way I wanted to go.
And knowing what Lyman will bring to the completed code will be the cherry on top!

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

This is the litmus test for good games now?

There's not a single Steve Ritchie game with a bash toy and they are all awesome.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I wonder how many of you will end up chewing your own words when the code is completed and you
I'm very happy to have purchased a BM66 after playing AS and GB to decide which way I wanted to go.
And knowing what Lyman will bring to the completed code will be the cherry on top!

I agree with you, BM66>AS. AS just doesnt do it for me, i dont like the gimmies into the lock ball on it at all and songs got boring quick. BM66 to me is fun in its infant state so with complete code will be great fun. I prefer the music on BM66 with its jazzy retro vibe. Have to give the games some time to develop over next 2 years code wise but id assume AS will not get much more code and BM66 will completely feel like a different coded game when done.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is the litmus test for good games now?
There's not a single Steve Ritchie game with a bash toy and they are all awesome.

Huh?
All of them, are you sure.

Airborne Avenger ? just Awesome lol
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines ,24 ,World Poker Tour
Come on there not block busters

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Hilarious. I haven't even played AS and allready know it's a better game than BM66.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Huh?

Come on there not block busters

Their all blockbusters for sure!

You kind of missed my point though. Steve is the best-selling designer in the history of pinball with like 10 bona fide classics. No bash toys.

Why even bring that up when trying to say AS sucks? I mean, The Addams Family doesn't have a giant clunky spinning cylinder toy in it either, doesn't mean it's no good.

#435 6 years ago

Spending a shit load of Euros right now. Getting ripped off for sure, but it's fun!

I feel like GBLE, BM66LE and ASLE bring together a diverse, unique and awesome pin experience. Not to mention TWDLE

#436 6 years ago

Ritchie is the most overrated pin designer

Def his latest work.

Hopefully SW won't blow

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ritchie is the most overrated pin designer
Def his latest work.
Hopefully SW won't blow

My prediction....there will be a SW thread just like this one where half the folks say it is crap, and half the folks say it is the best thing the pinball gods could offer. Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, and Pinsiders gonna bitch about both.....lol

#438 6 years ago

Finally was able to play both BM and AS side by side. Software aside, BM was a turd, AS was a breath of fresh air for Stern. AS will outsell BM 10, if not more. The BM playfield looked like it was assembled from leftover parts in the factory parts bin. I expect BM development to be abandoned shortly once its a bit more functional, so they can focus on moving new units of newer games.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Their all blockbusters for sure!
You kind of missed my point though. Steve is the best-selling designer in the history of pinball with like 10 bona fide classics. No bash toys.
Why even bring that up when trying to say AS sucks? I mean, The Addams Family doesn't have a giant clunky spinning cylinder toy in it either, doesn't mean it's no good.

Umm Where did I say AS Sucks in my last 3 posts?
I just said that I liked SM66 more.

BTW Addams was not a Richie game -
Larry DeMar, Pat Lawlor

Borg is a much better designer today than Richie sorry mate.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Larry DeMar, Pat Lawlor

Pretty sure his Addams family comment was in reference to you bash toy comment, however it does have the bookshelf.

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Let's not go crazy here.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Pretty sure his Addams family comment was in reference to you bash toy comment, however it does have the bookshelf.

Yes true - Bookshelf

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

No shit. Again, you miss my point.

Quoted from Squizz:

Again, you are wrong.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Let's not go crazy here.

He's ok, But for me his best work was Spiderman.

Everyone has hits tho tbh

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Yes true - Bookshelf

Difference being it isn't big and clunky.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

Finally was able to play both BM and AS side by side. Software aside, BM was a turd, AS was a breath of fresh air for Stern. AS will outsell BM 10, if not more. The BM playfield looked like it was assembled from leftover parts in the factory parts bin. I expect BM development to be abandoned shortly once its a bit more functional, so they can focus on moving new units of newer games.

Batman 66 will probably only outsell Wrestlemania...After all, Batman was not a high production game.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Batman 66 will probably only outsell Wrestlemania...After all, Batman was not a high production game.

No limit on Premium model. So technically if there was that big of demand it could sell as many as people wanted.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Difference being it isn't big and clunky.

Nor is BM66 big and clunky.

Just need to hit your shots, a bit like TWD.
A lot posted earlier in the day about TWD being clunky also, but I don't see it.

Some games suit certain players style better than others I guess.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Nor is BM66 big and clunky.
Just need to hit your shots, a bit like TWD.
A lot posted earlier in the day about TWD being clunky also, but I don't see it.
Some games suit certain players style better than others I guess.

Sorry but the turn table is very much clunky at this point in game development. Not sure if code will ever be able to sort out that aspect of it, but we will see.

#450 6 years ago

B66 is clunky, even when you're making shots. That doesn't mean that people can't enjoy shooting on it, but it has a lot of dead shots and some made shots that rattle or rebound a bit ugly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest/page/9?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.