Topic Stats

• 605 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Cheese_WizardPQ
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4758 (resized).JPG
IMG_0403 (resized).JPG
IMG_5131 (resized).JPG
IMG_3238 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1498054064506 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1498054047351 (resized).jpg
0000 (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I must have seriously missed something when the ball kept getting stuck behind the rotating assembly when I played the the three LE versions locally

Same used to happen to me when I first set up the game, and was really pissing me off. But it's a really simple adjustment of the turntable so that it's flush and it has never happened since.

#252 2 years ago

I'm not going to bag on the game but the Batman 66 LE wasn't doing it for me so I sold it. Has potential to be good if coding is done up right. I could see me grabbing a premium down the road when code is done if it ends up a Lyman masterpiece but for now decided to move on and try some other games out. I think the price of the LE never sat right with me and I regretted paying what I did for it, I don't care how it's justified, it was way overpriced for just another Stern. Live and I'll likely never learn.

#253 2 years ago

Gosh darn it every time I see the thread title its bowel movement 66. No pun intended.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Lyman is good.

Lyman is Great.

Tron
AcDc
Met
TWD
SM

Plus 3 of the top 4 rated pins MM AFM and MB

He is associated with some lesser pins so don't assume just because Lyman is great every pin he works on will be.

WWE is a game I've never played but people say rules can't make up for the design flaws.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Lyman is good.

Typo? When it comes to code...

Lyman is a god

He is pretty much responsible for Sterns too 5 games imo.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I must have seriously missed something when the ball kept getting stuck behind the rotating assembly when I played the the three LE versions locally, and they were well maintained on routes and I know two out of the three owners.

I think you must have missed something. My left ramp is smooth as butter and balls don't get stuck behind my assembly. Hmmm. Maybe the route ops need to pay more attention if they actually care about it.

If BM66 is guilty of anything at this point its a relatively easy shooting pin, which is a nice change of pace after playing TWDLE and GBLE.

Watching the code develop has become part of the fun with owning a pin for me, especially with Lyman.

Rock and roll, time to play some pins and watch the finals of the Masters!

#257 2 years ago

I just played an AerosmithLE for the first time and I won't be trading in my Batman66 for one, that's for sure.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just played an AerosmithLE for the first time and I won't be trading in my Batman66 for one, that's for sure.

So basically you're saying Aerosmith really sucks bad then right?

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So basically you're saying Aerosmith really sucks bad then right?

What I'm saying is, I didn't feel anything about it makes me want to have one, unlike when I first played Batman and picked it up on the spot. But in the end none of these newer games seem to last too long here. I keep the classics that are in nice shape because they are harder to replace.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Back in the day and if you dig back through the threads when Tron, yes Tron, AC/DC, TWD, MET were launched the reviews on these games were horrible. All suffered in the beginning due to the lack of and depth of code. It took a good year or more for all of these games to mature to where they stand today. I recall many hated TWD's layout but it's no longer spoken or mentioned of in the slightest due to what Lyman did with the code. BM66 has a ways to go...only on .7 and it is said the the game will be finished at 1.0. Very reassuring to knowing this game is far from being complete and that Lyman is behind it to see it finished to the end.
I suppose I'm OK with all of the bashing on this game as of where it stands. I'm an LE owner myself and I can say it's deserving of it, due to price point to own and the sickly fatigued lack of code. Like all of the games I mentioned above, I believe BM66 will be right up there with the rest of them.

Excellent points! I'll add IM to this. I played it at PHOF shortly after they first got it and I enjoyed it. Then I went to research more online and the discussion seemed all negative: cheaply made, copy of AP, lame art, etc.

I delayed buying it for years because I placed the usual Stern bashers' thoughts above mine, thinking they must know something that I don't since they're so passionate and repetitive about it. I finally bought one and it's now the star of my collection, enjoyed over Tron and TWD. So, now I know the Pinball cycle and I'm out of phase with it about half the time.

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I'm saying is, I didn't feel anything about it makes me want to have one, unlike when I first played Batman and picked it up on the spot. But in the end none of these newer games seem to last too long here. I keep the classics that are in nice shape because they are harder to replace.

You got some nice older games looks like in your collection. I think TWD, GOT, and a GB Premium would really make your lineup sweet!

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You got some nice older games looks like in your collection. I think TWD, GOT, and a GB Premium would really make your lineup sweet!

Thanks, but there are so many places around here to play those games at friends houses and locations that I like to have in my collection games I like and can't easily play elsewhere. That's one of the reasons I'm willing to let my Batman go as a friend of mine has one as well.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Excellent points! I'll add IM to this. I played it at PHOF shortly after they first got it and I enjoyed it. Then I went to research more online and the discussion seemed all negative: cheaply made, copy of AP, lame art, etc.
I delayed buying it for years because I placed the usual Stern bashers' thoughts above mine, thinking they must know something that I don't since they're so passionate and repetitive about it. I finally bought one and it's now the star of my collection, enjoyed over Tron and TWD. So, now I know the Pinball cycle and I'm out of phase with it about half the time.

Taz, thank you, completely forgot and left off IM. It is and still one of my favorite pins. IM was beat to shit by critics and written off as a dud. Code was practically done and still people said the graphics, layout, gameplay was crap. It seemed like one day...perspective about the game art, tempo/flow, music turned into a must have game to own. Everyone who wrote the game off before the code was complete never played it again and judged the game from their past experience. It wasn't until they played the finished code did they realize what a kick ass game it is. I remember IM's selling for 3500-and then up to 7k because of demand and limited #'s. The cry for Stern to make VE then came true and the rest is history.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks, but there are so many places around here to play those games at friends houses and locations that I like to have in my collection games I like and can't easily play elsewhere. That's one of the reasons I'm willing to let my Batman go as a friend of mine has one as well.

Must be nice. I have nothing close to me at all.

#265 2 years ago

I think the right code makes BM66 a top 5. The left orbit is my only real complaint as its narrow.

I had ramp issues and the kit solves them.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Typo? When it comes to code...
Lyman is a god
He is pretty much responsible for Sterns too 5 games imo.

You're forgetting LotR

#267 2 years ago

Mr. Sheats, Jr is not responsible for the software programming for first two of the current "Top 5" modern Stern games since 1999, which seems to be overlooked.
Mr. Sheats has done less than half the games for Stern since return to pinball in 2005.

These specific titles are TSPP (2003) and LOTR (2004), both of which were software designed by Keith Johnson and Dwight Sullivan.

Mr. Sheats, Jr contributions are extremely notable, but he was taught by many people that no one seems to mention when he was signed on as an apprentice at WMS in the mid 1990s, and was very fortunate to do so, as he was suggested for employment by one of the people above, namely Dwight Sullivan. His "magic" did not come up out of thin air, in some cases was a multiple contribution effort for titles on the design teams, including code design.

For example much of the initially code efforts ideas for Medieval Madness can be credited to Mr. Eddy, not Mr. Sheats, Jr. For the most parts by the time the game was in full production, code was already completed in early 1997 by the design team.

One of the reasons Mr. Sheats, Jr has remained notable is not only for his contributions and success, but the fact that the industry does not support large volumes of programmers, companies do not employee them, and older program designers are not interested in returning for a number of reasons.
When Mr. Sheats, Jr develops designs for new games, he contacts his former WMS employees for advice, which adds significant benefit to games.

#268 2 years ago

I'm curious regarding Lyman and Avatar, IM or WWE for example where he's listed.

I love IM but the code is not as intricate as TWD or Met for example. I love IM and the code is fine, but perhaps some of the secondary levels of Villians could have been kicked up a notch or have some mini wizard type modes if you complete 3x of a mode ( Tspp has a lot of treats like this ) not necessarily something you need to do, but a bit extra treat you could see once in a while.

#269 2 years ago

I played 2 games on an LE and didn't have the desire to play anymore. Gorgeous cabinet and color screen only go so far. Playfield is empty compared to ghostbusters LE.
Granted, 2 games I probably didn't get to experience much of what it has to offer, but a game is supposed to make you want to put another dollar in - this one didn't do that for me.
It could be the theme. Don't like superhero games. ACK! Rather play old white man rock pinballs.
I agree, code might make it slightly more interesting - we'll see.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And your point is? I've had it for several months now and played the heck out of it. I don't marry anything.

This is interesting actually. I have ~12 pins at any given time. I dont tend to sell unless there is something I really want. I often think about liquidating one by one and completing changing up the collection.

Sounds like you turn over most of your collection within a 6 month period?

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Sounds like you turn over most of your collection within a 6 month period?

No, I don't. Only the newer games that I can easily play elsewhere. Two of my friends now have Batmans so to me it is a little redundant to own one as well. When I got mine, it was the only one I could play. Heck, my METLE and TronLE were only here a few months as well.

#272 2 years ago

Had several people over today, non pinheads, played many of my pins. They were fascinated with BMLE, why so many
haters, it's fun.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Had several people over today, non pinheads, played many of my pins. They were fascinated with BMLE, why so many
haters, it's fun.

Because you said it, they are just "haters". WE know its a ton of fun especially getting HUO time on it.

The people that walk up and play a couple games on location can't love it or hate it. It's ridiculous. Lots of parrotheads around here.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

haters, it's fun.

Non-pinheads will find the game very interesting, with the rotating toy and LCD screen showing vintage footage. They won't notice all the flaws because they don't know what to look for. I bet not one of your guests commented on "unfinished code"

HOWEVER, those of us who value gameplay and find the game lacking are not haters - we just don't like the game and think it's way overpriced for what you get in the box. The only hating going on is from BM66 owners HATING on the rest of us who don't like the game

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Had several people over today, non pinheads,

Ask them if they'd pay $10,000 for an unfinished game.

Quoted from Banker:

why so many haters

Don't do that, bro...you know why.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

They were fascinated with BMLE, why so many
haters, it's fun.

Why? Because most here don't have a clue what others like.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ask them if they'd pay $9000 for an unshipped game.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ask them if they'd pay $9000 for an unshipped game.

Oooouuuuch!!! KAAAAAAAPOW!!!

Knockout punch there dude!

#279 2 years ago

"Was that something about me? I can't tell because all I see is "user ignored"."

th (resized).jpg

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

those of us who value gameplay and find the game lacking are not haters - we just don't like the game and think it's way overpriced for what you get in the box.

I had some non pin heads swing by from the neighborhood street party Saturday night, post game, BM66 and GB were the 2 big hits by far with Woz in 3rd place. They didn't give a shit about code or know what it meant, just wanted to have some fun flipping pinball.

I have a feeling the Golden Tee would have hit the mark a bit better though.

Of course the game is "lacking" right now, and of course its way "overpriced" for what you get in the box. EVERYTHING has gone too far price wise and its about to hit a brick wall.

There is a whole lot of JUSTIFYING going on right about now and will reach a peak with Star Wars.

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

They were fascinated with BMLE

Sound like Pinside.

#282 2 years ago

Pinside needs a designated fans thread, owners thread, and haters thread for each game.

This place goes to shit when those groups co-mingle too much, and it's made worse by a few key people on all sides that just want to stir the pot and start drama.

But thats none of my business.

#283 2 years ago

Rarehero needs his own sub-forum where he can take on all sides.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pinside needs a designated fans thread, owners thread, and haters thread for each game.
This place goes to shit when those groups co-mingle too much, and it's made worse by a few key people on all sides that just want to stir the pot and start drama.

Nah....people that take this stuff too seriously need to find a new hobby....( some have ) I just like the Pins...

BM66 just paying its Pinside dues .....sure, it's too expensive, but all of them are. Doesn't make it a bad game, but rather an easy target....I enjoy the game a lot, and others don't......whatever...

#285 2 years ago

I had to laugh a little when I saw the start of this thread 3 days ago, just a few hours before I was about to drive 7.5 hours (each way) to pick up an LE.

I had been searching for an LE for months, but had basically given up and went ahead and committed to an ASLE. Of course, after deciding on Aerosmith, an opportunity came up on a 66LE. I got the call a few hours before the start of TPF. I hadn't played BM66 prior to TPF, so I was really hoping that I wouldn't like it, since I already had AS coming. We'll, not the case at all. I loved it.

I rode up on the elevator with George Gomez late Saturday night at TPF. We were staying on the same floor, so we talked for a while after we got off the elevator. I asked him if I had a chance to buy an LE, should I do it. He said without hesitation, "absolutely". His exact words were, "this is Lyman's baby". "He won't quit till it's complete".

No buyer's remorse here. Heard all about the crappy ramps, dimpled play fields, spinner that doesn't spin, clunky shots, etc. Happy to say that the game I got is dialed in nicely. I have none of the problems that I previously stated. Both ramp shots are very rewarding. Like the quick turn on the right ramp. I like the moving crane. Theme and art art awesome. The music is certainly different than most other pins, which is cool also. Code will eventually get there. I've only had it a few days, but it's been a hit with everyone in my family. It might not be for everyone, but looks like a keeper for me.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I rode up on the elevator with George Gomez late Saturday night at TPF ... I asked him if I had a chance to buy an LE, should I do it. He said without hesitation, "absolutely". His exact words were, "this is Lyman's baby". "He won't quit till it's complete".
... It might not be for everyone, but looks like a keeper for me.

These two statements pretty much sum up the LE for me. And the only opinion on the game that matters is mine, so the haters can hate all they want...

Congrats on your new game!

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

or 15K for a super duper limited edition unfinished game.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I had to laugh a little when I saw the start of this thread 3 days ago, just a few hours before I was about to drive 7.5 hours (each way) to pick up an LE.
I had been searching for an LE for months, but had basically given up and went ahead and committed to an ASLE. Of course, after deciding on Aerosmith, an opportunity came up on a 66LE. I got the call a few hours before the start of TPF. I hadn't played BM66 prior to TPF, so I was really hoping that I wouldn't like it, since I already had AS coming. We'll, not the case at all. I loved it.
I rode up on the elevator with George Gomez late Saturday night at TPF. We were staying on the same floor, so we talked for a while after we got off the elevator. I asked him if I had a chance to buy an LE, should I do it. He said without hesitation, "absolutely". His exact words were, "this is Lyman's baby". "He won't quit till it's complete".
No buyer's remorse here. Heard all about the crappy ramps, dimpled play fields, spinner that doesn't spin, clunky shots, etc. Happy to say that the game I got is dialed in nicely. I have none of the problems that I previously stated. Both ramp shots are very rewarding. Like the quick turn on the right ramp. I like the moving crane. Theme and art art awesome. The music is certainly different than most other pins, which is cool also. Code will eventually get there. I've only had it a few days, but it's been a hit with everyone in my family. It might not be for everyone, but looks like a keeper for me.

Fantastic story and what pinball is all about! We missed out on a BM66LE. Congrats on the awesome game.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Non-pinheads will find the game very interesting, with the rotating toy and LCD screen showing vintage footage. They won't notice all the flaws because they don't know what to look for. I bet not one of your guests commented on "unfinished code"
HOWEVER, those of us who value gameplay and find the game lacking are not haters - we just don't like the game and think it's way overpriced for what you get in the box. The only hating going on is from BM66 owners HATING on the rest of us who don't like the game

Witness South Park pinball's popularity.

Back 14 years ago, I had not played any pinball machines for over a decade plus. I didn't know anything about any of the DMD machines. Well my brother in law had a SP pinball in his basement, I had not played pinball in 22 years. So at that time it was really something great to me with the DMD and the toys and what all. So I really liked SP at the time. Now when I go over his house he still has SP and I'll play a game or two and after having played all the great pins of the last 25 years I can really say SP is horrible.

To me, maybe if someone saw BM with its LCD and if they really were not pinball people it's possible they could be blown away even if the game is meh or bad.

Just because a casual player thinks it great doesn't make it great.

I can't comment one way or the other since I have never played BM66. I am must pointing out that casual player really don't know what's good or not.

#290 2 years ago

Have fun all owners. Enjoy the ride.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

These two statements pretty much sum up the LE for me. And the only opinion on the game that matters is mine, so the haters can hate all they want...
Congrats on your new game!

+ 1000....enjoy the game!!!

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Shocking you didn't like a game you have shit upon for months before its release because of "old rockers" themes. I totally would have expected you to love it.....

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Drop the mic. Boom boom.

Music, theme, immersion, art, callouts, LCD integration, code coming.

In Lyman we trust!!!

#294 2 years ago

Price is the issue on this title, other than the price the comments are the same things that where said about SM, MET, TWD, clunkfest, boring, worst title ever etc etc etc, now look what's said about those titles, awesome, best games ever etc etc.

We should all know by now you can't pass final judgement on a game Stern puts out for at least a year/until the code gets somewhere near complete.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Price is the issue on this title, other than the price the comments are the same things that where said about SM, MET, TWD, clunkfest, boring, worst title ever etc etc etc, now look what's said about those titles, awesome, best games ever etc etc.
We should all know by now you can't pass final judgement on a game Stern puts out for at least a year/until the code gets somewhere near complete.

100% on price, for now.

I played it a good bit last night. Despite code status its still fun to flip and play.

Sitting right next to GBLE and TWDLE, its a gorgeous pin.

When it gets done the Lyman way, for the "collectors", the LE and SLE will be quite desirable. 120 and 40 in the USA respectively.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Drop the mic. Boom boom.
Music, theme, immersion, art, callouts, LCD integration, code coming.
In Lyman we trust!!!

What did you expect him to say about a game that he designed?

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100% on price, for now.
I played it a good bit last night. Despite code status its still fun to flip and play.
Sitting right next to GBLE and TWDLE, its a gorgeous pin.
When it gets done the Lyman way, for the "collectors", the LE and SLE will be quite desirable. 120 and 40 in the USA respectively.

Not this collector.

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I agree with you. Somehow this pin has earned about 4 hate threads. I can see fans showing up in multiple threads about a game they like and are excited about, but it seems odd for people to go out of their way to complain about a game they've hardly played and never owned, over and over again in multiple threads.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Shocking you didn't like a game you have shit upon for months before its release because of "old rockers" themes. I totally would have expected you to love it.....

They are old, real old. Too old.

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

What did you expect him to say about a game that he designed?

Gomez didn't have to say anything really. I've already heard it

I already knew what was coming with Lyman

Like TWD I have no doubt it will be great.

I'm looking forward to the next boutique game from Kamikow

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, OH
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside