IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Going from Dialed In to BM66 was like going from a yacht to a dinghy.

Ummm....no

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy sh*t Batman! KPG just unleashed the Beast! POW!!

Nah.....just mostly more of the same old sh*t. Sometimes fun to read, sometimes not.

#203 7 years ago

Honestly I didn't think my thread would go like this. Really. I rarely comment (bad or good) on pin and I'm more of a Tech question guide on pinside.

i was 100% sure it would end with 4-5 guys telling me to get over it or sell.

This game polarize pinside. I poked the bees nest.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But I thought you like to play with dinghies.

haha

I mean, I'm exaggerating for comedic effect but there's a huge and immediately apparent difference in build quality between the two games. For one thing, there's WAY more to shoot for on DI, and all the shots are impressively smooth. It feels sturdier, as well. BM66 has so much underused open space and everything flops around and most of the shots on the turntable are unsatisfying or clunky. I'm really glad if someone owns and likes it, because that's important and my criticism of the game shouldn't be taken as personal affront, but it does almost feel like a gussied up version of those "street level" no-frills pins Gottlieb was doing in the 80s.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

piperpinball - do you have a small video screen at the end of your crane?

YES. it was bitch to install.

#206 7 years ago

Don't take this personally but the DI theme sucks and that is a big deal to me

Let's see how it sells. Had people lining up for BM66 SLE and LE and JJP didn't sell more than a handful of SLEs

And I love the marketing genius of trying to unload 2500 LEs

At the end of the day, I would like JJP to succeed but if they don't mix in a great theme every now and then they won't sell many $10k pins

Btw, Batman isn't "clunky". Some of the parrots don't know what it means. TWD is clunky

#207 7 years ago

Did I forget to say In Lyman we trust!

Pinball is fun and so is BM66. Some of you guys need to pull the stick out of your arse

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Gilligan's Island (BLY, 1991) used the same type of mech better.
Code is complete, game is fun, shots are smoother, everything works as it should.
Used game costs under $3K.

I think Gilligan's Island's playfield art makes more sense, too. I know that Batman 66's art has received mostly favorable reviews, but, personally, I think it looks like a collection of modern day clip art that has been tossed into a Photoshop salad bowl. Something hand-drawn, in a comic style similar to Gilligan's Island, Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons / PBR Can Crusher, or Aerosmith, and using the entire playfield as one large canvas, makes more sense for a TV show coming out of the 1960s.

I grew up in the 1960s and Batman was one of my favorite shows — I never missed an episode! I've owned all sorts of classic 1960s Batman collectibles over the years, right up to and including Sideshow's just released Julie Newmar Catwoman premium format figure, so Batman is absolutely a dream theme of mine. I've yet to actually play Batman 66, my apologies to @iceman44, but I can honestly say that I have little interest in owning one of these machines based on everything I've seen and read so far.

#209 7 years ago

Pssttt... JJP sold over 150 DI Collector Editions.

Jesus..how big are your hands?

Quoted from iceman44:

Don't take this personally but the DI theme sucks and that is a big deal to me
Let's see how it sells. Had people lining up for BM66 SLE and LE and JJP didn't sell more than a handful of SLEs

#210 7 years ago

I counted 4 GBLEs for sale

3 Walking Dead LEs and one just sold for $7500

And I see Zero BM66LEs for sale. I guess owners hate it so much they must just prefer to burn it down instead of going through the trouble of selling it

It's your pin Cheese, post away and do whatever makes you happy.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Pssttt... JJP sold over 150 DI Collector Edition.
Jesus..how big are your hands?

Pssst. No they didn't Not even close

Don't you know the BS story?

Buy what you like Amused, doesn't bother me

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Don't drive yourself insane, on the limited edition hype train."
- TBK

I do not understand why you quote yourself?

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Buy what you like Amused, doesn't bother me

It absolutely bothers you

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And I see Zero BM66LEs for sale. I guess owners hate it so much they must just prefer to burn it down instead of going through the trouble of selling it

Right now selling is to much of a loss.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Well if it sucks it isn't going to get any better by waiting unless you just realized that Lyman is doing the code and it will be really good eventually

At least there are only 240

Wait until the bottom drops out of DI $10k LEs.

2500? Never sell close to that many

#216 7 years ago

That's the pickle. I lost ~ $2000 selling XMLE for a loss ...but I owned it for 4 years so was able to get some good enjoyment. To be sure, there is a difference between IM and XMLE meaning while all pinball is good fun, just feel like some lesser pins are not as fun.

My theory is XMLE was poison, people who like it already own it or have owned it and so it gets tossed in the heap of games that people will buy *at a great price* in other words they will buy it but it's like they are doing you a favor.

$2000 is not really a big bad loss when I've had other pins like PotC for 10 years and could sell it for every penny I have in it, or Tron or ACDC premium. So taking one loss not that bad.

But if BM66 has no legs who will buy then SLE when the premium is --freiken- half the price. There is zero value in a signature card, maybe some would say the topper is worth $400 (I'm being generous) so likely selling a LE or SLE is a bad deal especially if you only got 4 months use instead of 4 years use like I did with XMLE. Would you accept *$1500-2000 loss for 4 months of ownership? (*Edited my post was thinking of SLE instead of LE).

I believe Stern beat the bushes for flippers so there is not any buyers at list price if they wanted one, I'm sure they could have got one SLE or LE without much trouble. This is not GBLE or MET LE or ACDC LE or TRON LE.

I recall GBLE people were freaking out of their mind to get an LE and no trouble getting more than dealer price. BM66 there is zero demand at above dealer price that I can decern.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well if it sucks it isn't going to get any better.

And I only think 120 Stateside (?), as there have been some posting abroad they haven't arrived yet....

Thank goodness only a few will experience the pain....

#218 7 years ago

Rai, are you saying he would have to sell his LE for $5600 and suffer a $4k loss?

As for taking a loss, if you are buying $10k pins and expect to not take a hit then you better get prepared

People need to enjoy their pins more and quit flipping out if you suffer a loss. You get to enjoy it for years. I'd expect to lose $$. Shit depreciates

#219 7 years ago

My children (5!!) will still have a great life even if I die without selling. I can wait.
But I'm curious how many people would buy at 9k right now. I can't imagine selling under that.

My bet: none
We all have to wait at 1.00 and see.
But for me this game as a sour taste (obviously)

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Rai, are you saying he would have to sell his LE for $5600 and suffer a $4k loss?
As for taking a loss, if you are buying $10k pins and expect to not take a hit then you better get prepared
People need to enjoy their pins more and quit flipping out if you suffer a loss. You get to enjoy it for years. I'd expect to lose $$. Shit depreciates

Sorry though he had a SLE.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I counted 4 GBLEs for sale

Don't want to loose their a$$. My guess is they are sitting on them hoping the code gets good enough for them to even charge 8K.

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well if it sucks it isn't going to get any better by waiting unless you just realized that Lyman is doing the code and it will be really good eventually

They are actually under 9k for a le..... standard is also less than 8k...... regardless its still alot of loot.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They are actually under 9k for a le..... standard is also less than 8k...... regardless its still alot of loot.

Well I was anxious to buy JJP 3 or BM66 but seeing DI (not a great theme, if it was: 'crazy monsters destroying a city' theme I'd like it better).

BM66 just didn't look that great to me and after Ghost gate with Stern and Code gate I don't buy any Stern until it's turned into a winner like TWD or Met after 1+ years

Actually BM went from probably buy for me to not ever once I say the price structure. Stern is killing the goose that lays the golden egg with their greedy money grab IMO

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Joe's ads say $8k and $9k firm. Doesn't include delivery right? Better deals out there?

Yes it's a ridiculous amount of loot for a pinball machine! Any pin

#225 7 years ago

Common sense and good judgment isn't allowed in pinball Rai

#226 7 years ago

The thing that bothers me the most is knowing that Stern/Lyman worked for many many months on this game to reveal at 0.58
But it's ok. I decided to be in early.

But I read that now it's common sens to to wait 6-12months more to get a playable game? Money is not even an issue. It's a Ferrari with a fiero in it

Lyman will really spend 6-12 months on it this year? At Stern pace he already has to work on its next!! I know he is good but does he have the liberty to express his talent?

Stern has to hit a wall soon.

#227 7 years ago

But for me this game as a sour taste (obviously)

Hence the point of me stating the obvious earlier.

My children (5!!) will still have a great life even if I die without selling.

I certainly hope so. Seriously, this is just pinball, and sorry you don't like BM66, but at the end of the day ( or end of whatever) it's just a game. Pinball has been the best hobby, on several levels, for me. No way I would get too worked up about one I didn't like. Just dump it and move on if you don't enjoy it.

Heading to gameroom now .......beer and BM66LE on tap ( beer actually in a bottle)...

#228 7 years ago

Batman 66 is a top tier Baby Boomer buyer theme.
It may actually have been past do in a sense,
but I'm glad that they got it out in time while the prime demographic for buying this game was still buying new games.

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Heading to gameroom now .......beer and BM66LE on tap ( beer actually in a bottle)...

Samething here but waiting for UFC to start!

We all think the same; it's just a hobby.
On my 99things to stress about BM66 next update is 3476

Have a drink on me!

#230 7 years ago

Samething here but waiting for UFC to start!
We all think the same; it's just a hobby.
On my 99things to stress about BM66 next update is 3476
Have a drink on me!

Exactly!!! Think I shall....

#231 7 years ago

I think I know why you love this game so much MK6PIN. You always play it drunk haha
Try a game tomorrow am

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

People aren't allowed to say a game sucks anymore? Is everyone around here afraid of hurting rich guys' feelings?

Liking a game is a very individualized thing... a game you hate, someone else may love. Usually I find these kinds of threads entertaining, but don't really give them much thought or incorporate them into my collecting calculus.

That being said, I played a BM66 Premium at a location here in MD a week or so ago.

I thought the game was a clunky barren wasteland... and that turntable mech wreaks of cheapness and poor design.

If were an "SL-f'n-E" buyer I would be pissed as hell. Not so much pissed at Stern, but pissed at myself for not playing it before buying it.

And the LCD screen? Who cares.

Of course, my opinion doesn't matter... I do honestly hope that owners are loving their games and that code starts flowing!

#233 7 years ago

I have only played a couple of games of BM66 so far, so I will come to no conclusions at this point.

My Impression so far, is it looks beautiful from the other side of the bar. I love all the colours and the art. Almost a little too loud for my taste, but it fits the theme well. I couldn't care less for the Batman 66 as a pinball theme, but theme has never been a real important factor to me, as long as the gameplay is fun and draws me in. The colours and the art did draw me in and at first glance, the theme seemed well integrated, but at closer inspection, the playfield looked a little no frills (a little basic and perhaps a little cheap). I expected more from a pinball machine that cost this much.

I can't yet pinpoint what was missing with MB66 in the gameplay department, but something didn't feel right. Perhaps it was the unfinished code. Perhaps it was the fact that I was onto my fourth drink and starting to feel the effects of the beer, but usually this has a positive impact. I'm going to have to play it some more before making a final judgement.

#234 7 years ago

It's not a club
Just wanted to share the other side of a BM66 Le owner side.
this game has so many taboos. The price? Codes? It sucks? Yep
I own a LE. Play it with friends, newbs, hardcore fans, kids, etc..since January.
I paid as much as my expectation were. Love the theme. I'm a hard player and diehard collector.
Some might have a hard one on StarWars, I love Batman ( and Gb and aéro. I paid for it. Can we put money aside now?
It f&$nig suck
I played it, a lot, a lot...
"code is so early!!"
You're right. it's a fact.
But let's put aside the fuhkin code.
The actual physical parts, physics and goals of it land to nothing.
It's mounted so cheap. So cheap!
The TABOO question; Lyman: how far can you go with a "dream theme" based on one "super mech" that now nobody cares with a game so short on opportunity.?</blockquote

This thread blows. Thanks for making pinball negative. I'm out.

#235 7 years ago

Once you've owned say 30+ pins or played, you become a good judge on gameplay, Tron and IM both fast and brutal, LOTR and TSPP both very lengthy ball times etc no one will debate this. So the part that's frustrating is guys who play pinball saying BM66 it smooth as butter!

Most watched the Jack Danger launch and while watching Lyman (a bloody good player) bricking the shots, making it look clunky as hell said it all. If Lyman can't make the game shoot like butter old Iceman and MK6PIN sure as hell can't.

No ones trying to add more code to LOTR and no ones making new ramp designs for Tron. BM66 owners are. Question is why, if it's shooting so smooth?

It's like the old rating chestnut. Own the game and most rate it high, once they sell the sucker they edit the rating for their true opinion.

#236 7 years ago

What a joke opinion that is Grg

The only true opinion?

Pathetic

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The only true opinion?
Pathetic

Quoted from iceman44:

The only true opinion?
Pathetic

Sorry I take that back. All true opinions apart from yours and MK66. I wouldn't care less about people's opinions on my games because I like them. However, your sticking up for this in what can only be described as an insane manner.

Pathetic Icepick,

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Sorry I take that back. All true opinions apart from yours and MK66. I wouldn't care less about people's opinions on my games because I like them. However, your sticking up for this in what can only be described as an insane manner.
Pathetic Icepick,

Is that the only true opinion too

You have t even played it. What a joke. Another jealous hater

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

No ones trying to add more code to LOTR and no ones making new ramp designs for Tron. BM66 owners are. Question is why, if it's shooting so smooth?

Think all of my games have gone through code updates...I MOD ALL of my games ( including TRONLE and IMVE) ...the ramp MOD I'm working on will make the left ramp more stable, and even smoother ( did I say " MOD" enough?).

So an owner's opinion that hates the game is more valid than an owner's opinion that likes it (oh, I forgot, I'm in the 1%)? To be so wise...if I only played better, I'd realize the game sucks....some classic sh*t there....gong back to "practice" some more......wow....since when is liking a pin a sin on PINSIDE?

Whatever.....

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is that the only true opinion too
You have t even played it. What a joke. Another jealous hater

All the games I've owned or own get bashed by people who dislike. Not one of my posts have been to defend any of these titles, not one.

However, you have over 30+ posts in this thread alone. Now who's pathetic?

#241 7 years ago

You are gonna need several more beers tonight MK.

Relax and enjoy that fun pin!

No beers for me tonight

Pinsinner had a good honest review.

Not laced with garbage and dog shit references

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

All the games I've owned or own get bashed by people who dislike. Not one of my posts have been to defend any of these titles, not one.
However, you have over 30+ posts in this thread alone. Now who's pathetic?

Here is number 32. So what? It's a bash thread

And your opinion is still pathetically bad

And I actually own one so I have a lot to say

And you'll never wear me down. I put up with a lot more BS on Woz for years

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are gonna need several more beers tonight MK.
Relax and enjoy that fun pin!
No beers for me tonight
Pinsinner had a good honest review.
Not laced with garbage and dog shit references

Yep....all good here

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

But you don't mind defending a negative one, without even playing it, and seeing an early video? I don't have to defend or justify any of my pin choices with anyone...simply giving and reinforcing MY HONEST OPINION, as the Op asked for

#245 7 years ago

Honestly I didn't think my thread would go like this. Really. I rarely comment (bad or good) on pin and I'm more of a Tech question guide on pinside.
i was 100% sure it would end with 4-5 guys telling me to get over it or sell.
This game polarize pinside. I poked the bees nest.

I've commented in other threads about why this game polarizes so much. I think it's a combination of the Stern hype and the over the top pricing. So we have a heap of people who really wanted to hate this game because they couldn't justify it, and we also have owners who feel it hasn't lived up to the hype.

As a result this thread was destined to become another B66 sh*tshow from the start. With all the same participants spewing all the same arguments we've seen before.

I think the title "B66....let's be honest", the fact you're an owner, then your opening post bagging out the game implies anyone who owns and likes this game is actually not being honest.

It's like, "I'm an owner, and I'm going to be the only owner being honest....this game sucks. Anyone with a contradicting view is just lying. I know."

It is possible to own this game and legitimately like it. It may not have lived up to the hype, but it's no where near as bad as all the negative hyperbole would make you think.

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I've never seen anything in a Stern game that looks as well built or polished.

Is this an evaluation 18 years at modern Stern (1999) and approaching 100 production titles (every single different version)? This does NOT mention a single game prior to this period either from Data East, or Sam Stern.

I must have seriously missed something when the ball kept getting stuck behind the rotating assembly when I played the the three LE versions locally, and they were well maintained on routes and I know two out of the three owners.

I give credit to Stern in this area to their production record.
There are quite a few nice LEs in the recent decade since 2010 with good to superb artwork, solid rulesets, added features, and mirrored backglasses to choose from overall.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I put up with a lot more BS on Woz for years

WOZ is actually fun to play...

#248 7 years ago

Back in the day and if you dig back through the threads when Tron, yes Tron, AC/DC, TWD, MET were launched the reviews on these games were horrible. All suffered in the beginning due to the lack of and depth of code. It took a good year or more for all of these games to mature to where they stand today. I recall many hated TWD's layout but it's no longer spoken or mentioned of in the slightest due to what Lyman did with the code. BM66 has a ways to go...only on .7 and it is said the the game will be finished at 1.0. Very reassuring to knowing this game is far from being complete and that Lyman is behind it to see it finished to the end.

I suppose I'm OK with all of the bashing on this game as of where it stands. I'm an LE owner myself and I can say it's deserving of it, due to price point to own and the sickly fatigued lack of code. Like all of the games I mentioned above, I believe BM66 will be right up there with the rest of them.

#249 7 years ago

Lyman is good.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Once you've owned say 30+ pins or played, you become a good judge on gameplay, Tron and IM both fast and brutal, LOTR and TSPP both very lengthy ball times etc no one will debate this. So the part that's frustrating is guys who play pinball saying BM66 it smooth as butter!
Most watched the Jack Danger launch and while watching Lyman (a bloody good player) bricking the shots, making it look clunky as hell said it all. If Lyman can't make the game shoot like butter old Iceman and MK6PIN sure as hell can't.
It's like the old rating chestnut. Own the game and most rate it high, once they sell the sucker they edit the rating for their true opinion.

I've been able to get some good flow on my Batman LE.

Outside of adjusting 1 joker target and replacing the left ramp plastic with lexan, all I've had to do is mylar and cliffy some areas, which I do on every single NIB game I own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest/page/5?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.