IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Respectfully disagreeing, Aerosmith's collection of shitty toys is significantly LESS entertaining that the awesome turntable. See how that works?

Yep, art is subjective. Enjoy your game

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

The night stalker is one of the best shows ever on tv.

I watch it every week, just like I did back then. Now why can't these pinball companies do a "cool' theme like Kolchak?

screen-capture (resized).pngscreen-capture (resized).png

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One of my favorite shows of all time as a kid. Kolchak the Night Stalker! Loved vampire shows/movies ever since. Darin McGavin was great in that show.

Bump

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

The night stalker is one of the best shows ever on tv.

I lived that show as a kid. When the first Night Stalker TV movie aired back in 72 it was ABC's highest rated original movie ever. Its the show that inspired Chris Carter to create the X-Files.

And to stay on topic I think Batman 66 is a fun game.

#55 6 years ago

Why are we talking about Batman when we could be talking about...... Kolchak!

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I lived that show as a kid. When the first Night Stalker TV movie aired back in 72 it was ABC's highest rated original movie ever. Its the show that inspired Chris Carter to create the X-Files.

Really? X-Files came from Night Stalker. My grandmother used to let me stay up all night and watch TV on the weekends when i stayed with her and Kolchak was #1.

#57 6 years ago

I was in military school and the highlite of the week was getting home on the weekend to watch Kolchak. It brightened up what otherwise was one of the worst years of my life.

I mentioned earlier in this thread I had good taste.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really? X-Files came from Night Stalker. My grandmother used to let me stay up all night and watch TV on the weekends when i stayed with her and Kolchak was #1.

Chris Carter was such a fan of the show he had Darren McGavin as a character on Xfiles. He also had an "homage" to Carl Kolchack (including the straw hat and white tennis shoes) in another episode.

ibSNC-1478269215-6537-list_items-kolchak_xfiles (resized).jpgibSNC-1478269215-6537-list_items-kolchak_xfiles (resized).jpg

tv_kolchak_duo1a (resized).jpgtv_kolchak_duo1a (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago

It wasn't just the monsters, cast, or settings that made that show great. But the dialogue and interaction of the characters that made it one of the best TV shows ever.

Sad it was only on for a short time, but maybe they knew when to end it before it would lose some of it's charm.

#60 6 years ago

I thought it was a diecent game, code sucks - yup, price sucks - yup, but once the code is compleate it should be pretty good, look nice and play nice.

One thing I was thinking is it is alot better than tdk, in that it has a similar layout but removes the teter-toter, the joker can and the uper playfield which made that game less fun and replaced it with ramps and good flow.

#61 6 years ago

Not sure what the point of this thread is or why the OP thought we needed another one on BM66. Every point made in the original post has been covered (and in some cases absolutely beaten to death) in other threads.

Issues with the build quality, including playfield issues, I understand. It is incumbent on Stern to address those. It is rediculous to have those issues on what is supposed to be a flagship game (or frankly any game they sell at current price levels).

But:

Don't like the price? Don't buy the game.
Don't like the design? Don't buy the game.
Don't like the code status? Don't buy the game.
Bought the game and bothered by any of the above? Sell the game.

#62 6 years ago

Takes a big set to spill the LE owner beans and applaude you for doing so. The people that purchased this for big $$$ know pinball, own many but yet too worried to give a true opinion on a TDK VE. Code will take a game only so far, if it wasn't just code as the problem then people wouldn't be complaining about the lazy-Susan, designing a new ramp, flow etc I even see the latest code is making the machine reset while playing.

About a year ago there was a post on one of the many VE threads, people wanting Tron, LOTR etc and one guy said TDK VE, man he got torn up! So many people had their opinion and all negative about this idea because they hated the pin. Well the guy was right! They slap a turntable in it, an extra ramp, lcd, charge nearly 4 times the price.....and suddenly it's cool, nup.

#63 6 years ago

Thanks for the honesty. I would venture to say that anyone who plays this game in the wild would not come away with the feeling of "I gotta have this" Can any owners honestly say they forked over their big $$$ after playing it......

#65 6 years ago

There's a location by us that buys every new Stern since about WWE..they have 50ish pins.

More people play Black Knight than BM66

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Respectfully disagreeing, Aerosmith's collection of shitty toys is significantly LESS entertaining than that awesome turntable. See how that works?

Let's just agree that both games toys suck and move on.

Both games have about 70 people with it on there wish list. Neither game is exactly setting the world on fire with sales.

#67 6 years ago

Huge fan of the show, but played it recently and realized it is not the worst Stern ever, but not even close to the best. I liked the flow of both ramps. I also thought the art and theme integration is top notch. The biggest "fail" in this game for me is the turn table. What a horrible and awkward shot. That feature alone kills it for me. The real question is, how much would I play to own a HUO??? Answer: No more than any other typical premium or LE HUO market game. In the end, the premium Stern charged for this theme was not worth the money and will quickly be given back in the used market.

#68 6 years ago

You have to be pretty old to consider this a "dream theme". Doesn't help the game perception when 90% of collectors have zero connection to the original show.

#69 6 years ago

I wonder if Stern will be able to charge as much for another game after BM66 and get as many sales. There was a lot of hype for this game but after the complaints I'm not sure people will be convinced to spend so much even on a SW SLE.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure what the point of this thread is or why the OP thought we needed another one on BM66.

2 words: deep frustration.
But you're right. Dead horse.

Selling the game? Please help find someone willing to pay 14500$Cdn for it. There is so many better options these days.

#71 6 years ago

LE owner here...I have no regrets purchasing the game.

If the code stays the way it is a year from now, then I'll regret it.

#72 6 years ago

probably my favorite theme of any machine out there, love the art also, but have been scared away by quality/gameplay complaints

#73 6 years ago

Once you ignore the price, and code, and quality, and issues, and cheap manufacturing and cheap parts, bad design... then rate BM66? That is a tough ask, because all of those factors go into a rating. When I play it, I'm still shocked by the pricing of it. This wasn't pricing by the market (rare game that everyone wants), it was pricing by Stern. And even playing the Premium the number in my head is $15k.

But putting all that aside, it is an ok game. It follows that sparse playfield thing Stern does now. Long shots at the back with some targets in the middle sides you just hit randomly on bounces. The code is generic right now, but we have seen Lyman do cool things with generic code. On location I find it a great game to dump tokens into, but I don't want to own one even though I'm right in the correct demographic. Stern has much better games out there. And the turntable seems clunky. Metallica doesn't have much more in it, yet it seems miles more fun. AS is much more fun, TWD, ST, so many fun games. BM66 just doesn't stack up in that light. It's better than the 2k Stern games (NASCAR, RCT...), but nowhere near as good as the good Stern games (MET, ST, LOTR, IM, Tron, AS, TWD, AC/DC...).

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

LE owner here...I have no regrets purchasing the game.
If the code stays the way it is a year from now, then I'll regret it.

Ditto.

#75 6 years ago

By the way, even though I wanted and bought an LE, I agree 100% this was a cash grab by Stern and see nothing that justifies the extra cost of Batman over other recent games.

I fully expect that if I were to sell the game I would have to take a decent hit financially. But I like the theme so much that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, if ever. I don't see the game as a BDK retheme and don't think the turntable deserves the hate it seems to have. Love the art, the ramp flow, the video assets, music and LCD integration. I think Lyman will make this a great game over time. But even if he doesn't, I'm not sure I'd give the game up.

#76 6 years ago

I knew I'd see Iceman defending it like his child!!

You know it's a bad game when there's one guy on Pinside defending it with dozens of posts, while the majority speak the truth.

It's the worst Stern machine I've played in years. Code? I couldn't care less. It is boring as hell to hit the physical targets, no matter what the code says should happen when I do. No satisfying shots. Terrible ramps. A lazy Suzan that literally pisses me off to have to hit. Boring, no fun, but pretty. Like a super hot chick who sucks in bed and has bad breath.

#77 6 years ago

Eesh, the snowflakes fly the minute a game gets a second of slightly neutral/negative attention.

Lets be sensitive guys!

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

can we please just judge the M fer when its done.

So who decides when it's "done"?

And more importantly, what's the timeline on being "done"? 2 years? 5 years?

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Eesh, the snowflakes fly the minute a game gets a second of slightly neutral/negative attention.
Lets be sensitive guys!

Noone likes feeling like a sucker. The purchasers of this game knew Stern's history. They have no one to blame but themselves.

#80 6 years ago

What bothers me is the shot at the table in villain vision,and the ball goes right, and gets stuck under the Batphone,hitting the targets! You have to wait until the ball stops scoring,to get to ball search! I can,t see any way to stop this!And I can see a ton of new stuff for new codes! May go to 3.0 code eventually!!

#81 6 years ago

Someday I am going to get a bm66 dirt ass cheap I hope. I like the theme, I guess they hit the mark on that one for me. I was a young child watching this show when there was no other show to watch. (Hm)

Cat woman yeah baby.

Oh I I was also there when woz sucked too. It got better. Good coding can make or break. I remember complaints about woz, but it's not the same, I know.

Night stalker fan here too. That show scared the piss out of me when I was a kid. I was going to bring up the X files, someone beat me to it. I really remember the invisible energy beast episode, and the mannekins. Mannekins scare the shit out of me. I bet if you think back, the last time you were scared, it was a mannekin.

But someday I Am gonna get a bm66 dirt ass cheap I hope.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Boring, no fun, but pretty. Like a super hot chick who sucks in bed and has bad breath.

Ouch. Damn.

#83 6 years ago

I'm sorry the OP is disappointed with his game. I like mine but there are many games out there that I just don't care for. Luckily there's something for everyone.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Privately, Stern. Publicly, bitching customers. One fact is that Stern will do the minimum code needed. There is no public timeline, and there has never been a public declaration of code being "done" for any game. Not once. If there are a lot of customers bitching loudly, they will update it.

The one exception is sometimes Lyman games get a later update. But those can't be counted on. Not even if Lyman is the listed programmer.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Uh-oh...this ought to be an interesting thread.

see TFLE, XMLE and TAVLE

History doesn't repeat itself but it does rhyme.

Can't say you weren't warned.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Let's just agree that both games toys suck and move on.
Both games have about 70 people with it on there wish list. Neither game is exactly setting the world on fire with sales.

I actually really don't think AS toys or the pin sucks, i like it!

BM66 turn table is/will be great when code is done.

#87 6 years ago

I was finally able to play one at the Ohio show... I wasn't all that impressed with the game play. the machine itself I thought was cool. Now that being said, I had just played AS, right before.

I will also say this, I was a GB:premium owner, for about 30 days, and just simply could not gel with that machine. so I got rid of it quickly. (and was able to keep the money "saved" for the next one, so I bought a AS:LE after playing the premium at the ohio show.)

so IMO, for me, I didn't like GB, or BM66, but love love love my AS!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I'm sorry the OP is disappointed with his game. I like mine but there are many games out there that I just don't care for. Luckily there's something for everyone.

People love Twilight Zone and Addams Family. I find those 2 pins to be meh. People aren't too high on Transformers, but I love it.

Not sure where this recent trend on Pinside started, where it appears people have a mission to get as many people they can to dislike a machine.

If we had less to choose from, then we would have a dying hobby. As rasavage said, there's something for everyone.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why talk about how F ed up it is and not just simply sell it if you don't like it?
Gonna take a loss?
Get used to that feeling.
Every high priced pin produced is going to take a hit on the secondary market today. Don't like that? Don't buy one.

dang. Rough day? I always think a spoonful of sugar will always help the medicine go down. You gave him the medicine without the sugar.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Noone likes feeling like a sucker. The purchasers of this game knew Stern's history. They have no one to blame but themselves.

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Sterns official position is the code is done now as it sits. That's what all the programmers are told to say when asked according to Dwight Sullivan at his Ca Xtreme lecture.

#92 6 years ago

It's kind of sad to me that this game was supposed to be an improvement on BDK while keeping its best toy...but as it stands now, if I'm gonna play a game with that crane, I'd rather play BDK. Currently the code is better and even though BDK has a lot of useless features, I think it plays better. The turntable toy might be a more impressive engineering feat -but for me as a player, it really doesn't offer anything. Everytime I hit it, it's a big clunk. It's visually convoluted and hard to see due to reflection and lack of spotlights. Even the crane seems more fun on BDK at the moment, mostly due to the intense music and cool sound FX when you hit it.

I hope Lyman and mods can make it more fun...but then we get back to how much it costs in the first place, and it just makes the whole thing load of horseshit.

#93 6 years ago

But, CEO purchasers got to have their picture taken with Adam West......

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

But, CEO purchasers got to have their picture taken with Adam West......

Don't forget the autographed card

There is a ton of yet untapped potential in this game

Zero doubt Lyman makes it great

#95 6 years ago

I am still enjoying my game but I just got to batsignal multiball and hit the scoop to start it and the game reset . The shot felt great when I made it but the reset really sucked. So once Lyman gets things sorted their should be a bunch of feel good moments in the game.

#96 6 years ago

So, being honest, I like this game.

Oops, I thought this was the B66 First Impression thread.

Why do we need another thread to spew the same "I like it" therefore you're wrong/"I don't like it" therefore I'm right arguments?

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am still enjoying my game but I just got to batsignal multiball and hit the scoop to start it and the game reset . The shot felt great when I made it but the reset really sucked. So once Lyman gets things sorted their should be a bunch of feel good moments in the game.

I haven't had any reset issues regarding this multiball. Strange.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The real question is, how much would I play to own a HUO??? Answer: No more than any other typical premium or LE HUO market game. In the end, the premium Stern charged for this theme was not worth the money and will quickly be given back in the used market.

I agree with the part about the market will tell. likely this will be one of those games that the SLE will be cut in half, I say that truly. There is not $15K there in any way shape or form. I know many SLE buyers will have post purchase rationalization and say it's not so bad but one way or another they will come up for sale and then the sale will have to come at a fair market price.

The BM66 SLE looks like an LE to me nothing it has is worth another $7500 over what a regular LE used to sell for (i.e. STLE).

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes its a ton of fun and in large part its because it has the LCD!!!

Quoted from iceman44:

artwork is totally meaningless in the grand scheme of pinball fun factor.

These two seem to be contradicting statements.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why do we need another thread to spew the same "I like it" therefore you're wrong/"I don't like it" therefore I'm right arguments?

Just to piss you off man. I also woke up this morning asking myself what you think I should do with my day. Relax. It's a pinball forum

So easy to skip this thread but you had to take the time to write in it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.