IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 6 years ago

I was finally able to play several games today on BM66 while on vacation in Seattle. The game looks great. Flow is good. I think the game has great potential if code is updated. As it sits now, I would personally not purchase one. Hope you owners get better code updates than KISS owners.

#552 6 years ago

Star Wars ! lets be serious!

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I guess I am three?
Yes it was supposed to be a anniversary celebration, but it makes not sense to me to ship what was their most expensive flagship game ever, and release it with half-assed code.
I can't imagine how bad it must have been when Lyman wouldn't let anyone play it.

The code did almost nothing at Expo. Why do you think no one was allowed to play?

I happen to think Stern made a big mistake releasing the game as they did, primarily because of all the inevitable code complaints, and because the masses wouldn't pay attention to why. In order to market the 50th Anniversary of the show and the 30th Anniversary of Stern (the marketing behind the SLE), the game had to be "released" in 2016. The game clearly wasn't ready on schedule and certainly could have used some additional hardware tweaking in addition to more robust software. Clearly there were some issues that caused the initial release schedule to be impacted, but Stern was kind of stuck because of the anniversary year.

Also, the Expo reveal had to be planned long in advance, and the Adam West party was a big part of that. He's not getting any younger and is cutting back appearances. I'm sure that made the release date less flexible than had it been almost any other game. Stern didn't effectively communicate any of this EXCEPT at Expo.

#554 6 years ago

BUMP! BM 66 is a beater

#555 6 years ago

New code (0.75) is HUGE.

#556 6 years ago

So how are owners still feeling about this one? Code starting to come around or does it still have a long ways to go?

#557 6 years ago

Played it again for the first time in a while and it shoots ok, but that turntable plain sucks. Code still mediocre at best

#558 6 years ago

Once dialled in and adjusted (pretty much the same for 90% of NIB games I have had) it shoots great, nice change of pace compared to my other games and ALOT of other Sterns.

Code is still pretty basic but last update showed the huge potential the pin has and what Lyman might have in store for owners. Like with most of Lymans recent games it takes time for him to turn them into greatness!

#559 6 years ago

I am going to be honest..... I havnt played it..

#560 6 years ago

Great game, and it still the most favoured game for visitors to my place, with the cool msuic and cheezy callouts.....but still needs plenty of code updates.

Once complete it will be magic....Lyman magic

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So how are owners still feeling about this one? Code starting to come around or does it still have a long ways to go?

No one should even consider buying one until 1.0 code shows up around the end of the year. Too many much more complete and fun pins to enjoy in the meantime.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I love the last code. I know it's not complete, but it's a lot of fun to play. The next code update will only be that much better.

I won't lie, the wait for code is a bummer, but I am happy to have an LE. Once Lyman is done, this game should be epic.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No one should even consider buying one until 1.0 code shows up around the end of the year. Too many much more complete and fun pins to enjoy in the meantime.

While I don't fully agree I get where your coming from vire, the wait for this code is frustrating especially considering starting at Alpha upon release, plus the price paid definitely increases that frustration.

But the problem with waiting until 1.0 is Lymans history, look at what he did with SM, AC/DC, MET, TWD after a year+ after their releases, he took games that where looked at as disappointing and turned them into modern day classics!

As a result the prices on those games sky rocketed! Look at what AC/DC premiums and LEs where fetching HUO (more than NIB in some cases) up until the recent vault re run rumours/announcement.

If my memory is correct we also saw several reruns of SM after Spidey got its BIG update and we have seen AC/DC prices increase and now a vault, MET holding value well and in high demand and that's still in production and TWD is holding value well sometimes LEs fetching almost new money.

So while I understand god frustration waiting for 1.0 could be a mistake if Lyman does his magic on BM66 demand might out strip supply and people are left paying a premium on an already premium game or funding flippers.

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As a result the prices on those games sky rocketed! Look at what AC/DC premiums and LEs where fetching HUO (more than NIB in some cases) up until the recent vault re run rumours/announcement.

So while I understand god frustration waiting for 1.0 could be a mistake if Lyman does his magic on BM66 demand might out strip supply and people are left paying a premium on an already premium game or funding flippers.

Since there is still inventory out there, and probably will be for some time, I don't think this is a risk through 2017 probably into 2018, at least in the US market. Lyman may well make a classic, but that's an IF, not a when, and we have no idea when that endpoint is, except that it's definitely not this year. Why tie up $8k with a very unfinished machine when you can have a complete, playable and fun machine for those 6-10 months and then decide on Batman'66 when there's at least a base of code at 1.00 to evaluate? Makes no sense.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since there is still inventory out there, and probably will be for some time, I don't think this is a risk through 2017 probably into 2018, at least in the US market. Lyman may well make a classic, but that's an IF, not a when, and we have no idea when that endpoint is, except that it's definitely not this year. Why tie up $8k with a very unfinished machine when you can have a complete, playable and fun machine for those 6-10 months and then decide on Batman'66 when there's at least a base of code at 1.00 to evaluate? Makes no sense.

"Except that it's definitely not this year" - you don't know that.

If the question is "Do I buy a Premium now or wait?" then waiting may be reasonable since BM66 will be in production for a while and games should be readily available. But the game is already fun and playable as it is. Not deep or polished, but fun and playable (running .75).

If you wanted an LE or SLE, buying early made sense if you believed Stern would allow Lyman to complete the code as he saw fit since getting an LE/SLE down the line was likely to be difficult. If you bought a game after ignoring all the comments about releasing the game with Alpha level code and not understanding the consequences of that decision, that's on you - not a reason for others to not decide for themselves.

1 week later
#566 6 years ago

Shameless and lazy. They recycled the same images AGAIN for the topper and art blades. Most phoned in game Stern has ever done? Yeah, probably.

FB_IMG_1498054047351 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1498054047351 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1498054064506 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1498054064506 (resized).jpg

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Shameless and lazy. They recycled the same images AGAIN for the topper and art blades. Most phoned in game Stern has ever done? Yeah, probably.

Phoned in you say?

IMG_3238 (resized).JPGIMG_3238 (resized).JPG

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Phoned in you say?

Think he meant "Dialed In"

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Unreal, but whoever bought BM66 allowed it to happen.

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm thrilled with my BM66 except for progress of the code.

Jar's comments are ridiculous. His opinion though. I think the DI theme and artwork is AWFUL.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thrilled with my BM66 except for progress of the code.
Jar's comments are ridiculous. His opinion though. I think the DI theme and artwork is AWFUL.

And just like when he never misses a chance to bash BM66, you never pass up a chance to take a swipe at DI.

It's going to be funny when Lyman crushes the code and Jar155 buys one and when you finally get to really experience DI in a home environment and have to eat your words and bring one home.

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's going to be funny when Lyman crushes the code and Jar155 buys one and when you finally get to really experience DI in a home environment and have to eat your words and bring one home.

I'll never buy one. That layout is terrible. The entire left half of that machine is a big design mistake.

Dialed In doesn't have much to do with Batman '66 in any way, but, um, ok...

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'll never buy one. That layout is terrible. The entire left half of that machine is a big design mistake.
Dialed In doesn't have much to do with Batman '66 in any way, but, um, ok...

That DI part was for Iceman, hence the reason he was quoted.

Lots of people said the same thing about IM.

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lots of people said the same thing about IM.

Iron Man always had a good layout though. Batman's layout is pretty weak in the areas it works, and really bad in the areas where it doesn't. No code will fix that turntable. It's a bad mech. An orbit shouldn't have to be hit with pinpoint precision and speed to go through smoothly, but that's how that left orbit works. It's just a half-baked design.

It doesn't mean that it won't eventually be a fun game. It could even become a very good game. I would just never pay the insane premium for a game that will always have flaws that are a result of rushing things out the door. It's not justifiable to me.

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

And just like when he never misses a chance to bash BM66, you never pass up a chance to take a swipe at DI.

Haha yep, I'll NEVER own a DI, I just don't care what it plays like. The theme sucks and it will get old fast in HUO imo

Even when it tanks on the secondary market like TH I wouldn't be interested but for those getting it, good luck, hope you like it

I have too many pins

I'll play it on location like any other pin

#577 6 years ago

If Lyman would get going on the code I'll get me a premium to put next to a DI

I got to know Iceman, how can you like roadshow but be so crazy against DI. They might be 2 of the worst modern pinball themes ever. Good thing game play comes first.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If Lyman would get going on the code I'll get me a premium to put next to a DI
I got to know Iceman, how can you like roadshow but be so crazy against DI. They might be 2 of the worst modern pinball themes ever. Good thing game play comes first.

I'm a redneck! That pin is hilarious

Lmk the comparison when you get a BM66

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Iron Man always had a good layout though.

It's not what people felt to begin with, most people wrote off IM said the layout was a copy of a sh*t game - AP which i actually like.

Quoted from jar155:

Batman's layout is pretty weak in the areas it works, and really bad in the areas where it doesn't. No code will fix that turntable. It's a bad mech. An orbit shouldn't have to be hit with pinpoint precision and speed to go through smoothly, but that's how that left orbit works. It's just a half-baked design.

It's a Gomez design, his designs always seem to be a little disjointed or have weak areas, LOTR, TF, Avengers, BM. I think we have become to accustomed to Ritchie & Borg designs over the years, Borg has been making hit after hit and he's abit of flow monster although he likes to add bash toys to mix up his designs, Borg is the king of fun

Honestly Jar my left orbit out the box has been perfect, I am not the best player in the world but I can hit thst orbit at will most of the time, a hard shot will go into the riddler scoop a shot with a little less pace on it will loop the orbits nicely.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Absolute crap.

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe in the US you have a point but outside of the US I don't think anything was "allowed" as such, here in the UK my BM66LE is the same price as ASLE & SWLE, BM66 is just the new standard Stern pricing here minus the pro offering.

1 month later
#582 6 years ago

I'm going to be honest here. I finally got to play BM66 and it's not nearly as bad as everyone says. Would I pay the asking price for it? No I wouldn't, but it's not a bad shooting game at all I didn't think and it's kind of fun actually!

#583 6 years ago

Here is my 2 cents. I was very negative on both BM66 and DI. I purchased a DI LE and played a BM66 Premium extensively. The Dialed In is incredible. It is one of the best pins I've ever played. BM66 was better than I expected but I would only purchase it for a big discount/bargain. The code clearly needed improvement. The layout was ok but the overall construction felt very cheap. I liked the theme of both way more than I thought I would. Pinball is in great shape if these are the worst pins coming out.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

here in the UK my BM66LE is the same price as ASLE & SWLE

Thats intetesting. So does that mean you guys getting a BM66 LE at a bargain price or are they over charging you for ASLE and SWLE ?

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats intetesting. So does that mean you guys getting a BM66 LE at a bargain price or are they over charging you for ASLE and SWLE ?

Might be something to do with the currency fluctuations due to the Brexit.

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

BM66LE was the first 10k LE here, ASLE & SWLE have just continued that, so its not option 1 certainly no bargain prices, more like option 2 over paying on ASLE and SWLE but option 3 is probably more accurate - overpaying for any pinball these days.

#587 6 years ago

moved

#588 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just got a Premium. Having an issue with the ball stuck in the batmobile spinner and goes into ball search. What is the fix for that?

Jim is it sitting on the lip of the spinner? Try a little more pitch on the game.

I have had it happen a few times usually on a weak shot or if the spinner isn't quite setup for a clean pass through, but raising the game a little it's not happened since and a little more speed on the game makes it play even better.

#589 6 years ago

moved

IMG_5131 (resized).JPGIMG_5131 (resized).JPG

#590 6 years ago

Wow that's different the only time I have had the ball stuck on the spinner is on the actual gap/edges where the spinner and playfield meet. Maybe try raising pitch a little, that might cure that too.

#591 6 years ago

I had that happen to at the lip so I'll try raising. Thanks

1 month later
#592 6 years ago

5 months since this post. I would never guess we still be at this beta state today.

#593 6 years ago

Rereading this thread, there was a lot of optimism Lyman would eventually make the code wonderful and that all he needed to do was work some "magic". 11 months past Expo 2016 and the code still stinks and the time for witchcraft has passed. Maybe every pin doesn't have the potential to be the best and there are limitations from the start if the design is flawed. I prefer the layout, flow and game play of BDK to BM66.

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

5 months since this post. I would never guess we still be at this beta state today.

Let's be honest, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

Sterns view, why work on the code when people already paid for it and no take backs. The number of people still willing to buy BM66 is small and Stern is selling SW and developing the next two pins. Lyman is already working on another pin I'm sure.

#595 6 years ago

You're 100% right Rai.
It was a big gamble. I played and I lost.
I couldn't imagine Stern doing a shitty game to honor their 30 year anniversary.
Now I realized more than ever that this game is over. Lyman can add some multiplier shots or stacking modes but the magic is gone.
I will sell it with no regret when time comes.

#596 6 years ago

^^sooner probably better than later.
We just bought a Transformers Decepticon for $3K.

#597 6 years ago

I've been there with XMLE = $2000 lost but I got to play it for 4 years.

#598 6 years ago

Played it at lunchtime today and find it dull. It feels VERY cheap. Like a 'toy' not a pinball machine.

I would suggest that if people stop buying games until the code is adequate, Stern would be forced to put out games with decent code in the first place.

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Sorry but anyone that fell for this money grab deserves it. Frankly I deserve it for buying a KISS right when it came out and the writing was on the wall (from previous pins) that they were starting to really flake out on code while increasing prices.

Once bitten for me.

Excited for TNA!

(or a used BM66 when people start dumping them )

#600 6 years ago

Can buy a TNA + RR Woz for what a BM66 SLE cost originally.

I'm not picking some random cheap games to make an example but two pins that will be fully coded. Incidentally those two pins are my next two buys.

To me BM66 especially the SLE was so overpriced left a bad tast in my mouth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66lets-be-honest/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.