Topic Stats

• 605 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Cheese_WizardPQ
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4758 (resized).JPG
IMG_0403 (resized).JPG
IMG_5131 (resized).JPG
IMG_3238 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1498054064506 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1498054047351 (resized).jpg
0000 (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
IMG_0007 (resized).PNG
batman (resized).png
IMG_7998 (resized).PNG
download (resized).jpg
crab (resized).jpg
crazy (resized).jpg
IMG_3006 (resized).JPG
20170418_144512 (resized).jpg

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Batman 66 will probably only outsell Wrestlemania...After all, Batman was not a high production game.

Would be true if BM66 was sold at a pro price, but this I cannot see due to the Money crab ( Edit Grab ) on Batman.

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

but this I cannot see due to the Money crab on Batman.

crab (resized).jpg

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, now you guys are writing tribute songs about this game. Pinside is truly obsessed with b66.

download (resized).jpg

trib·ute - ˈtribyo͞ot
noun
1. an act, statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect, or admiration.

#454 2 years ago

Hahaha

That's what ya get when it's 2.29am
Nice pic CrazyLevi

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I agree with you, BM66>AS. AS just doesnt do it for me, i dont like the gimmies into the lock ball on it at all and songs got boring quick. BM66 to me is fun in its infant state so with complete code will be great fun. I prefer the music on BM66 with its jazzy retro vibe. Have to give the games some time to develop over next 2 years code wise but id assume AS will not get much more code and BM66 will completely feel like a different coded game when done.

Careful....not the thread to post positive BM66 thoughts/ impressions. Just looked at it as there was a sudden uptick in posts. Back out (actually draining this one..absolutely nothing constructive, and the hate as opposed to just not liking the game is just childish bullshit)....stupidest ongoing thread I've seen in awhile (next to the TRONVE's that pop up every so often)...point? More fun to hate/ berate/ badger/ belittle the game and people that like it (huge components in envy mindset)....out.....carry on.....(maybe rename the thread, so people that have a positive thing to say don't get shredded)

#456 2 years ago

This whole "you're jealous" or "it's just envy" narrative is pretty gross, guys. Let's drop that right now, because that's a bad road to keep going down.

Look, the game, as of now, is a disappointment according to many. That can change, but it also might not. People bagged on Iron Man for a long time and very few of us liked it. It's pretty much thought of as a great pin today, but it doesn't mean that people were wrong to dislike it when it was in a bad state of code. From what I see though, Iron Man has a much better layout to build from than Batman '66 does, so Lyman really has his work cut out for him. It's going to take some time to see how it shakes out. But as of today, it's totally valid to feel like the game is a flop based on the hype and price.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This whole "you're jealous" or "it's just envy" narrative is pretty gross, guys. Let's drop that right now, because that's a bad road to keep going down.

It's the road we are going down because it true. Not a "flop" by any stretch except maybe yours and a few of the other jealous haters and nobody cares about those, certainly not the people that own the pin.

I'd say get off your negative high horse. You don't need to tell anybody what they should think or not.

#458 2 years ago

Funny pic Levi, its ALL a cash grab in case you haven't noticed, they just aren't grabbing yours

#459 2 years ago

Why would I be jealous of someone owning a game I don't like?

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why would I be jealous of someone owning a game I don't like?

And why would you care to crap all over it at the same time? Jealous hater!

You don't even know you don't like it.

Based on your collection I wouldn't expect you to like it.

#461 2 years ago

Seems like the ones who hate the game the most don't own the game.

Everyone who has played mine likes it.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

"Hey Trekkie1978! Thanks for the beer and letting me come over to play your $10000-15000 pinball machine and the rest of your awesome collection for free! You are the greatest! Oh by they way, Bataman sucks, you are a sucker, and you got ripped off. Also Captain Kirk is a fag. Hey can I come by again next week?"

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

And it seems like those that love the game own it. They just cant admit they made a mistake getting it..... If this game is so great why do you have to keep defending it? If it was so great it would speak for itself....

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And why would you care to crap all over it at the same time? Jealous hater!

You argue like my toddler.

#465 2 years ago

This is exactly the same talk from when BDK came out. Code was to far from done at release. Everyone bitched about it for a while. It never did get finished and the talk just got quieter and quieter... and quieter...and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You argue like my toddler.

You are a toddler.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

If this game is so great why do you have to keep defending it? If it was so great it would speak for itself....

It does and will and because I feel like defending it, that's why. Another Jealous hater

Do you see any for sale? Didn't think so.

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm still on the fence on this game and waiting for 1.0 code to really dive into it and play a ton of games (I've only had a handful so far).

But...of course you don't see any for sale. I don't think anybody here wants to take a loss and that's what they are looking at at this point. Might as well wait for it to be finished and go from there.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It does and will and because I feel like defending it, that's why. Another Jealous hater

Because no one wants to buy this turd. There's actually a dist. trying to sell some. In his description he says 'It will get better with code'
Why don't you do an Odin and say you like the game, but are selling it because two friends have it to play

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Because no one wants to buy this turd. There's actually a dist. trying to sell some. In his description he says 'It will get better with code'

Well i guess you should know what a turd is looking at your pins.

And yet it blows away all of those turds you have right now!

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yet it blows away all of those turds you have right now!

Ya it blows away ACDC and Medieval Madness. You lose all your credibility right there. Your on vacation in Europe right now and this is what your doing - Hahahahahaha!

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know you are but what am I?

I'm rubber and you're glue!

(am I getting the gist of your technique?)

On topic, I watched someone put 6B on a BM66 on location a couple of weeks ago. It was super boring to watch and after he was done he said it wasn't much fun.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Ya it blows away ACDC and Medieval Madness. You lose all your credibility right there. Your on vacation in Europe right now and this is what your doing - Hahahahahaha!

Actually it does! I just shipped out Ac/dc

I might be on vacation but the circus never closes here and its late.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I know you are but what am I?
I'm rubber and you're glue!
(am I getting the gist of your technique?)
On topic, I watched someone put 6B on a BM66 on location a couple of weeks ago. It was super boring to watch and after he was done he said it wasn't much fun.

Putting 60 mill or 6 bill at this point is irrevelant. He didn't beat anything. It's not like TWD and beating LMS when Lyman finished it.

I don't expect you to get that though.

#475 2 years ago

the more I read, the dumber I become!

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Careful....not the thread to post positive BM66 thoughts/ impressions. Just looked at it as there was a sudden uptick in posts.

Haha, I went to check the Stern site first when I saw all the posts because surely there must have been a code drop...nope.

#477 2 years ago

Come on guys let's not turn on each other here.

IMG_7998 (resized).PNG

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

And it seems like those that love the game own it. They just cant admit they made a mistake getting it..... If this game is so great why do you have to keep defending it? If it was so great it would speak for itself....

There's nothing to defend on the game yet...the code is still incomplete. We were told by Stern beforehand that it would be a while.

This is not a KISS situation.

The hate some people throw at the machine comes across as petty.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Hey Trekkie1978! Thanks for the beer and letting me come over to play your $10000-15000 pinball machine and the rest of your awesome collection for free! You are the greatest! Oh by they way, Bataman sucks, you are a sucker, and you got ripped off. Also Captain Kirk is a fag. Hey can I come by again next week?"

Friends do tell me which games they like and don't like in my collection.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There's nothing to defend on the game yet...the code is still incomplete. We were told by Stern beforehand that it would be a while.
The hate some people throw at the machine comes across as petty.</blockquote

Nothing to defend? Most folks are saying the game shoots bad / clunky. How will code fix play field physics? This is my opinion, and apparently the opinion of others. So because we don't own the game, but have played it we can't share our thoughts?

Nothing to defend? Most folks are saying the game shoots bad / clunky. How will code fix play field physics? This is my opinion, and apparently the opinion of others. So because we don't own the game, but have played it we can't share our thoughts?

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The hate some people throw at the machine comes across as petty.

There's no way for you to know what stern will do with the code or if it will be finished to your satisfaction. So people can only judge a game based on it's current state. I also don't understand the owners who claim people are jealous and that is why people are having negative reviews of it. Simple fact is it is the worst normal stern release right now other then WWE. In it's current state GB, TWD, AS, KISS, SMVE, GOT, and MET are all better games. Add in that when you match any of those at the premium level against BM66 that is 1K more and you end up with a game that isn't selling. The people that love the theme already bought an LE and the people that don't care for the theme or are just in it for the game play are going to buy a cheaper better game.

I hope everyone that bought this game likes it and that stern turns out some great code for it. Personally I would be very worried if I owned one though. More sales are not going to happen unless the code overcomes some of the layout issues. Will stern invest their most popular coder's time into a game that isn't selling though? At some point if premiums are not moving what is the pay off to stern to have one of their greatest assets wasting away on a game that is not continuing to make money?

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Mine shoots smooth...maybe everyone should come over and try mine.

#483 2 years ago

The 2 I have played both felt great. No clunky or poor design shots to speak of.

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Any shot hit cleanly is going to be smooth. Gomez is pretty well known for some clunky ramps though. 2 of the best games ever made (lotr and MB) have some wonky ramps that rattle and reject made shots. So games with great themes, awesome toys, and good code can overcome that. My main concern in the turn table. It's just not fun to me. So for me BM66 currently has a cool theme, one terrible toy and 1 good one, and bad code.

That's just my opinion though. Different strokes for different folks.

#485 2 years ago

Likely 30+ have played my LE. All liked it.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Mine also shoots very smooth......However, I take the approach (as in with everything in life) if you don't like something fix it!

I added some custom mods, like a motorized Bat-copter that turns on when the turn table moves. And BatGirl mod that lights up when the right ramps shot is made. Little things to improve the game until the code becomes more complete. Last update was very nice. Lyman will take his time to make this a great pin!

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Any shot hit cleanly is going to be smooth. Gomez is pretty well known for some clunky ramps though. 2 of the best games ever made (lotr and MB) have some wonky ramps that rattle and reject made shots. So games with great themes, awesome toys, and good code can overcome that. My main concern in the turn table. It's just not fun to me. So for me BM66 currently has a cool theme, one terrible toy and 1 good one, and bad code.

On my left ramp, the clear plastic protector, I changed over to Lexan. Made the ramp shot smooth.

My machine was built before they added the extended plastic.

#488 2 years ago

Ok, let's be honest...

I really like the original tv series and so looked forward to this pin's debut.

Like many, I've followed along with the spectacle that has played out on Pinside regarding it's appearance at Expo, first models out, early code and progress thus far. Eager to get some time on a machine, I've put quite a bit of money through one on location, over multiple visits, even though it meant an hour drive to do so. The last trip, I brought the family along to play some pins, bowl a bit, and have an afternoon out.

What happened next surprised me.

Though she normally sits off to the side and patiently waits for me to run out of money, my wife, who eschews playing on location as she feels it's a waste of money, decided to join me in a game of BM66. That one game turned into two, then three. Soon, I found her tugging on my sleeve asking for more quarters even though I had moved on.

She's now mentioned to me three times that she'd like to have this game in our home; the first pin she's ever expressed an interest in.

When asked what she enjoys about it, she likes the art, the clips on the lcd, the music, the rotating toy with the tiny television, and how the playfield is easy to see the ball and know what to do. She said it feels like an updated EM, simple, honest, and fun.

Ironically, as eager as I was to like this pin, I don't. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I just hoped for more.

The dilemma...what to do when your wife wants an expensive game that you don't care for, hmmmm.

What is fortunate is that there is such a large number of choices in today's market that appeal to different types of prospective players.

#489 2 years ago

Played it at Allentown and enjoyed the nostalgia but enjoyed Aerosmith more.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Ok, let's be honest...
I really like the original tv series and so looked forward to this pin's debut.
Like many, I've followed along with the spectacle that has played out on Pinside regarding it's appearance at Expo, first models out, early code and progress thus far. Eager to get some time on a machine, I've put quite a bit of money through one on location, over multiple visits, even though it meant an hour drive to do so. The last trip, I brought the family along to play some pins, bowl a bit, and have an afternoon out.
What happened next surprised me.
Though she normally sits off to the side and patiently waits for me to run out of money, my wife, who eschews playing on location as she feels it's a waste of money, decided to join me in a game of BM66. That one game turned into two, then three. Soon, I found her tugging on my sleeve asking for more quarters even though I had moved on.
She's now mentioned to me three times that she'd like to have this game in our home; the first pin she's ever expressed an interest in.
When asked what she enjoys about it, she likes the art, the clips on the lcd, the music, the rotating toy with the tiny television, and how the playfield is easy to see the ball and know what to do. She said it feels like an updated EM, simple, honest, and fun.
Ironically, as eager as I was to like this pin, I don't. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I just hoped for more.
The dilemma...what to do when your wife wants an expensive game that you don't care for, hmmmm.
What is fortunate is that there is such a large number of choices in today's market that appeal to different types of prospective players.

You have no choice...looks like you need to pony up.

Remember, happy wife...happy life.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quoted from PiperPinball:

Mine also shoots very smooth......

I agree with these guys that my game shoots pretty smooth, doesn't seem clunky at all to me. I do however agree that turntable is slow to rotate to the phone. Wish it did that faster. Not sure it the code can fix that or if its a mechanical limitation. Once I enable the one of the main villains I'm usually ready to the shoot the phone befroe it gets in position and have to wait for it.

Quoted from jgentry:

My main concern in the turn table. It's just not fun to me. So for me BM66 currently has a cool theme, one terrible toy and 1 good one, and bad code.

I like the turntable. Before the 71 code it was more limited but with 71 you now have the incentive to hit the batcave spinner to enable the bat turn mode as well as shooting for the ball lock. Right now the TV portion on it doesn't do anything but I expect it will be the main focal point when the minor villains are added to the code.

I just hope newbies don't find this thread and believe all the negatively until they try it themselves. Some will like it some won't, nothing wrong with that. Its all pinball so its all good. I don't think any pinball game really "sucks" (well maybe except for south park).

#492 2 years ago

Put a few games on BM66 last weekend and overall I like the theme and think it is a good game and I had fun playing it. The turntable felt clunky and the ball often got stuck there while it was rotating but no game is perfect. It's not fair to say it's crap and also not correct to say it's the best game ever. It's a good, fun game that would probably be far less controversial if it wasnt for the pricing/alpha code/super LE stuff. I did enjoy Aerosmith more though - a great game IMO!

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

It's a good, fun game that would probably be far less controversial if it wasnt for the pricing/alpha code/super LE stuff.

Nailed it.

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

That's a no-brainer. You get the game. It becomes "her game". If she shows interest in your hobby, encourage it. And, if you don't get tbe game, you may never hear the end of it ...

#495 2 years ago

It's only Pinball

#496 2 years ago

It's NOT clunky! That's the talking point people use to criticize a pin when they don't know what else to say

TWD is clunky, which means if you miss your shots it can be over the top frustrating

BM66 is smooth as butter

#497 2 years ago

Any machine is clunky if you miss your shots this includes BM66. (Big Money 66?)

#498 2 years ago

Its so clunky it should be called Clunkman 66

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Look, the game, as of now, is a disappointment according to many. That can change, but it also might not. People bagged on Iron Man for a long time and very few of us liked it. It's pretty much thought of as a great pin today, but it doesn't mean that people were wrong to dislike it when it was in a bad state of code. From what I see though, Iron Man has a much better layout to build from than Batman '66 does, so Lyman really has his work cut out for him. It's going to take some time to see how it shakes out. But as of today, it's totally valid to feel like the game is a flop based on the hype and price.

I'm the first to admit when I'm wrong about a game. Normally it's because a fundamental change took place, for instance a code update changed the game. Sometimes code can change a whole game. AC/DC was kind of rough, and then blam! Metallica was meh, and then turned fantastic as things were added (CIU was the big one). When Stern puts their mind to it, they can put together a great game. I was very late to the party on IM. It stayed in my dog house for years... and then I bought the VE. Is it still a one ball game? Sure, but omfg is it amazing. Even Walking Dead which I thought was crap ended up being fantastic with its quirky layout.

But not every game can be that. Avengers could have a complete rewrite by Lyman and I don't think I'd like it. NASCAR can't be saved by code. WrestleMania can't be fixed. And I know people don't like to hear this, but I don't think GB can be fixed unless the redo the entire game with a rule set that matches the playfield.

And then there is still Batman 66. A game which I enjoy on location and at other people's houses. But it still feels generic to me. It doesn't have that special pop yet. Plus the game has a lot of things going against it. The pricing is still damaging it. Even on the secondary market there will be no bargains going on. And again, it has to compete with other Stern games. If you put BM66 and AS next to each other and say I can only play one, AS by a mile. Because AS came out of the gate being fun. Stern has 4 current games that I'd pick first. That's it's biggest problem.

#500 2 years ago

Hmm... regarding to the comparison of AS and BM66 I quote myself from another BM66 related thread...

Context - someone suggested to keep the AS for while before making the exchange to BM66

Quoted from frg:

Yes - thought of that. I have about a hundred games on Aerosmith... as said super solid game, but that's it. If I see one on a tournament or on location, I'll go for one or two games. But something is missing - "go to thing", some special... hard to describe.
It is the Song Bonus/Jackpot "thing" with triple playfield on AC/DC, it is the getting your End of Line Jackpot to 8 Mio and cash it repeatedly in "thing" on Tron, it's the maximize your CIU Mode "thing" and close it with 2x playfield or get your Blood Bath rolling with two add balls extending by adding another MB while playing 2x playfield with a huge mode running "thing" ... in other words Lyman's World - man, I rely on him
There were quite some games in my stable. Loved all of them, but at this time only the special things are interesting for home use. BM66 looks like that (at least when the code catches up to the look and shot layout... ac/dc has such an uninspired layout and look what Lyman did with it)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside