• BM66 50 votes
    40%
  • TWD 42 votes
    34%
  • TSPP 33 votes
    26%

(125 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Here's the deal... Currently I have a TWD and TSPP, but I'm intrigued by BM66.

I'm considering selling one to replace with BM66.

So I figured I'd get some opinions...

If you could only keep 2 of these games, what would it be and why?

Make sure to vote as well

#2 5 years ago

You are building yourself a very, very nice collection of games. Best of the 90s BWs and a good mix of Sterns. My suggestion would be to find a BM66 somewhere and play it as much as you can to see if you like it. The beauty of BM66 is that there are so many different ways to play the game. If I had to pick from BM66, TSPP and TWD to off load it would be TWD. TWD premium is a much better game IMHO so the pro can go and get a premium or LE later on if you can. Getting a TWD Premium or LE in Australia is almost impossible, they are snapped up straight away. I am surprised Stern have not made a vault edition.

I notice you have MM and MMr. If it was me and I liked BM66, I would off load one of those and get BM66.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You are building yourself a very, very nice collection of games. Best of the 90s BWs and a good mix of Sterns. My suggestion would be to find a BM66 somewhere and play it as much as you can to see if you like it. The beauty of BM66 is that there are so many different ways to play the game. If I had to pick from BM66, TSPP and TWD to off load it would be TWD. TWD premium is a much better game IMHO so the pro can go and get a premium or LE later on if you can. Getting a TWD Premium or LE in Australia is almost impossible, they are snapped up straight away. I am surprised Stern have not made a vault edition.
I notice you have MM and MMr. If it was me and I liked BM66, I would off load one of those and get BM66.

I actually have a buyer for the MMR, so MM will be the one staying. I hate TWD as much as I like it. It's an absolute drain show (at least mine is) but I'm determined to keep it until I reach LMS! I like the way the left ramp shoots on the Pro. I do need to put some more time into a Premium to see how it compares. I have a friend with one, but it's set up waaaaay too steep, so I need one that is set right to fairly compare.

It might end up being TSPP for the mere reason that the final wizard mode is unattainable by 99.9% of people. Some say they've done it, there's even a video right as someone is starting it, but no one has a video of them playing through all the modes to get there, and I'm pretty sure it's because no one has done it.

Tons of videos of Valinor... None of SDMEWM... Seems suspicious

That's just my personal feeling on pinball games... I enjoy shooting for the wizard mode more than anything, so I need something that is tough, but not impossible. I've been 1 shots away from Valinor, 8 walker kills away from LMS, and to me, that is the excitement of pinball

#4 5 years ago

My opinions.
Sell both TSPP and TWD pro.
Buy TWD Prem/LE and BM66.
TWD Prem is an all time great. Mine is bolted to the floor. Unique shots, excellent coding, fantastic theme, fun modes. It's difficult in a good way. Stern's best IMO.
BM66 I don't own yet, but I plan too. It's a great mode based game that's fun to shoot.

#5 5 years ago

Don’t buy TWD premium. It’s easier, but not like a totally different game. Plus you’ve owned the Pro, so go a different route IMO. That wasn't even the question anyway.

TSPP and TWD are both great. I personally would keep TSPP in you’re situation and if you miss TWD that much you can buy someone’s Premium down the road.

#6 5 years ago

I would keep TSPP in any situation almost. The rules are superb and you can attack it so many different ways and I love the fact there's a end result you may never get to...but there's a chance. Great game.

#7 5 years ago

Talk about a tough decision

Going strictly off the options you have given in your first post I’d sell both TWD & TSPP.

Pick up a Prem TWD & BM66, BM66 has easily become my favourite game ever, what Lyman has done with the code since release is simply amazing, if you love the theme of BM66 it will blow you away.

#8 5 years ago

TSPP isn't fit to hold TWD's jockstrap.

#9 5 years ago

Looks like voting shows BM66 pulling ahead, and TSPP and TWD from much tied.

Letting go of TWD and TSPP would be a tough decision for me. They're both games that I get frustrated with, but thoroughly enjoy when I have one of those big games.

The other games in my line up aren't like that to me. I enjoy playing them regardless of how the game is progressing.

I find TSPP sometimes suffers from having too much going on, and TWD suffers from just being plain cruel with drains. My games often gets the SDTM from the pop bumpers and prison magnet. I've had games where I'm getting pretty close to LMS, and I lose all my progress to a shitty drain from the pop bumpers that is totally out of my control (and yes, I nudge like crazy!).

With BM66 I remember playing it when it first came out and feeling like for the price, it felt cheap. I played one the other day, and the code was definitely enticing, but when you compare it to a game like TSPP, you really have to question how they're charging this much!

Anyhow... Decisions, decisions...

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Don’t buy TWD premium. It’s easier, but not like a totally different game.

I've wondered about this since I don't have much time on the Premises, but have seen videos of people playing, and it appears you can save the ball after it drains with the lockdown button?!?!

If so, I'd probably already have reached LMS!

The Pro is brutal. It's fast, and with that We'll Walker magnet, that shot alone becomes more dangerous.

#11 5 years ago

I own TWD pro and TSPP me personally I would keep them but in a smaller collection and you want to switch things up I would let go of TSPP.

#12 5 years ago

Get rid of TWD...Hated it!!!

#13 5 years ago

I love TWD Premium. Hate the show but love the pin. Sold it a year ago and I fawn over it every time it comes up for sale (but my stable is full).

You need the yokocopter (sp?) lane extenders to make it slightly "more fair", but what a thinking man's game. It's a ton of strategy, killer lighting (no pun intended) great modes, with multi kill strategy, many multi balls with add-a-ball, multiple wizard modes including 2 that you need to have the game of your life to see and lots of tough-ass shots.

I mean the art sucks, but you're fighting zombies. It's just awesome.

TSPP I always have a love/hate relationship with it. Theme: A+. Sounds: A+ EXCEPT for the damn hurry ups. Annoying. Aside from White Water, it's my favorite mini-playfield by far. Plus a physical ball lock. I love physical ball locks. Let's face it: virtual locks suck. The left ramp, though, is awful. I can't hit that more than 20% of the time. Drives me insane.

BM66 never thrilled me. I had a BDK and it feels a lot like it. Long ball times, lots of clunk with missed shots. I watched Batman growing up but not religiously. I mean we had only like 10 channels. Gotta watch something. Crane is a cool toy which is probably why they decided to fix the BDK flawed left side of the playfield.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I actually have a buyer for the MMR, so MM will be the one staying. I hate TWD as much as I like it. It's an absolute drain show (at least mine is) but I'm determined to keep it until I reach LMS! I like the way the left ramp shoots on the Pro. I do need to put some more time into a Premium to see how it compares. I have a friend with one, but it's set up waaaaay too steep, so I need one that is set right to fairly compare.
It might end up being TSPP for the mere reason that the final wizard mode is unattainable by 99.9% of people. Some say they've done it, there's even a video right as someone is starting it, but no one has a video of them playing through all the modes to get there, and I'm pretty sure it's because no one has done it.
Tons of videos of Valinor... None of SDMEWM... Seems suspicious
That's just my personal feeling on pinball games... I enjoy shooting for the wizard mode more than anything, so I need something that is tough, but not impossible. I've been 1 shots away from Valinor, 8 walker kills away from LMS, and to me, that is the excitement of pinball

TWD is a love hate game. We love our Prem/LE. I think it is the best game ever made as it keeps me coming back, more than any other game we have owned. We have had it since new and never got to LMS. It took me over a year to appreciate TWDLE, I wanted to sell it many times and I am glad my wife talked me out of it. Since we got BM66, my wife has started to like TWDLE too. It took playing BM66 for her to understand the rules better on TWDLE. We have it set on 3 balls and the out lanes all the way closed.

The beauty of this hobby is that there is something for everyone. We have a BM66 and we love it however, If you want a quick game, this is not the machine to play. A decent game can take over 30 minutes. I do not know anyone that has completed TWD or TSPP.

My wife and I love pinball and we are in the hobby together. Tomorrow we are driving for 2 or 3 hours so we can have a go on a new Munsters Pro.

#15 5 years ago

TWD is my fave of the three, there are better games out there than BM66, noticed you have Maiden on your want list - way more fun IMO, and cheaper (for the pro anyway). Id move TSPP and buy one of those.

#16 5 years ago

Bye Bye Simpsons

#17 5 years ago

TSPP nope. Super hard wizard sure, but the noises you have to put up with to get there no thanks.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

TWD is my fave of the three, there are better games out there than BM66, noticed you have Maiden on your want list - way more fun IMO, and cheaper (for the pro anyway). Id move TSPP and buy one of those.

Definitely will get one, but I like to wait a bit so they can work out any kinks. Like getting a BM66 now versus a couple years ago.

#19 5 years ago

Sell TWD and TSPP. Buy TWD Prem/LE and BM66.

Both are incredible themed games, along with being two of the best coded pins that you could own.

Both machines are extremely fun and are totally different, I can’t see either one of these leaving my collection.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Both are incredible themed games, along with being two of the best coded pins that you could own.
Both machines are extremely fun and are totally different, I can’t see either one of these leaving my collection.

100% agree with Brett here. 2 of the best pins ever, and different.

I just got a TSPP. I've put maybe 40 games on it so far. A couple of notches below the other two imo, still a fun/deep pin though that i'm looking forward to exploring!

#21 5 years ago

I would sell the TSPP and get a BM66 and keep the TWD

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

I need more time on a TWD Prem. I found the left ramp annoying on the one I had a chance to play, but again, he had it levelled too steep.

I think I'm going to go put some more time in on BM66 before I decide to let go of TSPP or TWD.

But I think if I had to let go of one of them right now, it would be TSPP.

#23 5 years ago

TWD PRO > TWD PREM ; just saying...

#24 5 years ago

I sure had a lot more fun playing a TWD premium than the pro. Still, I don't get the hype on that game. I can see a fun game in there somewhere but it's wrapped in an ugly package. I would much rather have TSPP. Packed playfield with cool upper pf and great theme. I can understand the criticism of code being so deep it's hard to enjoy as a casual player. If you think you need more time on TWD and can let TSPP go then do it. BM66 is a great game and I don't think it's a bad idea to replace one good game with another. If you end up missing TSPP, it's not too hard to find again.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I sure had a lot more fun playing a TWD premium than the pro. Still, I don't get the hype on that game. I can see a fun game in there somewhere but it's wrapped in an ugly package. I would much rather have TSPP. Packed playfield with cool upper pf and great theme. I can understand the criticism of code being so deep it's hard to enjoy as a casual player. If you think you need more time on TWD and can let TSPP go then do it. BM66 is a great game and I don't think it's a bad idea to replace one good game with another. If you end up missing TSPP, it's not too hard to find again.

I played TSPP for an hour straight last night. Finished Alien Invasion, started up all the other mini-wizard modes, and collected 4 super jackpots.

my main criticism on this game is that in order to achieve the final wizard mode you must complete all of the other modes and that is virtually impossible. I think if they made those mini wizard modes either slightly more attainable or easier to return to like multi balls in Lord of the Rings then this could have been one of the all-time greats for me.

#26 5 years ago

I like all three, but would choose tspp in a small collection. So much to do, takes years to see everything.

#27 5 years ago

Make this easier and drop TSPP, its not in the same zip code as the other 2 IMO.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I would sell the TSPP and get a BM66 and keep the TWD

This. I have TWD pro and like it a lot. I had a TSPP for about a year and let it go. I don't miss it at all.

#29 5 years ago

If after reading this thread, if anyone is interested in selling their TSPP, I'm interested in buying it

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I played TSPP for an hour straight last night. Finished Alien Invasion, started up all the other mini-wizard modes, and collected 4 super jackpots.
my main criticism on this game is that in order to achieve the final wizard mode you must complete all of the other modes and that is virtually impossible. I think if they made those mini wizard modes either slightly more attainable or easier to return to like multi balls in Lord of the Rings then this could have been one of the all-time greats for me.

Finishing the 4 mini wizard modes is actually the easy part. 5 SJP and AI are the hard parts.

Daredevil Mania is almost impossible to fail. Secret Stash isn't very tough. Stack a multiball with the other two and they are beatable as well on the first try.

Plus, you can start them a second time if you don't complete them. I disagree that it's hard to re-start mini wizard modes... with all of the EBs available in TSPP with stock settings, it's really not. Perhaps you aren't getting enough EBs.

It's one of the hardest wizard modes of all time, typically only achieved by the top players in the world. You aren't that far off, and yet you want to give up after only a few months. Practice more and use better strategies instead of giving up.

Don't blame the game, it has some of the best code of all time from a legendary coder. He made deep code for great players like himself... if you aren't up to the challenge, that's on you.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Finishing the 4 mini wizard modes is actually the easy part. 5 SJP and AI are the hard parts.
Daredevil Mania is almost impossible to fail. Secret Stash isn't very tough. Stack a multiball with the other two and they are beatable as well on the first try.
Plus, you can start them a second time if you don't complete them. I disagree that it's hard to re-start mini wizard modes... with all of the EBs available in TSPP with stock settings, it's really not. Perhaps you aren't getting enough EBs.
It's one of the hardest wizard modes of all time, typically only achieved by the top players in the world. You aren't that far off, and yet you want to give up after only a few months. Practice more and use better strategies instead of giving up.
Don't blame the game, it has some of the best code of all time from a legendary coder. He made deep code for great players like himself... if you aren't up to the challenge, that's on you.

TSPP is a great game, but I find the code just doesn't jive with me. You like it? Great! Enjoy it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 16.00
$ 218.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66-vs-twd-vs-tspp?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.