Topic poll

“Which game will end up being the better game?”

• BM66 74 votes
    45%
  • IMDN 89 votes
    55%

(163 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

897BE353-BAFA-4420-A23B-CA44720A74C7 (resized).jpeg
blasphemer.gif

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

But the cooler kids have both

You got a point there!

#52 1 year ago

Personally have zero interest in anything related to Iron Maiden, know nothing about about any of their recordings but admire that a member flies big planes. Layout and pricing of game looks impressive. If pricing was equal would take BM66 100 times out of 100 just on theme. With how this has played out wouldn't consider either at this time.

In my imaginary world would gladly buy a BM66 with IMDN pricing and layout.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Personally have zero interest in anything related to Iron Maiden, know nothing about about any of their recordings but admire that a member flies big planes. Layout and pricing of game looks impressive. If pricing was equal would take BM66 100 times out of 100 just on theme. With how this has played out wouldn't consider either at this time.
In my imaginary world would gladly buy a BM66 with IMDN pricing and layout.

Batman definitely has the better theme and i even like Iron Maiden, but i love the old Batman shows. The thing that makes Iron Maiden so good though is the gameplay just flat out kicks ass! It's also something different than anything Stern has made in a long time. Its different, fun as hell, and refreshing to play.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I have been on the fence about GOTG for a long time now, what is it about GOTG that has it already leaving your gamesroom?

The layout is fun but the coding is TERRIBLE. The speech is awful actor recreations and they tried to create variability by saying the same thing several different ways but it ends up just being really annoying because most of them are NOT what was said in the movie. Most of the character actors sound nothing like the actual actors. Ronan is probably the best but Gamora and Rocket (and a few others) are awful. So far, a high score is mostly obtained by getting Groot multi ball. I admit that I am not the greatest player but the ramps seem very unimportant for much of the game. It is just a turd to me. I also bought Stern Star Wars Premium at the same time and really enjoy it but BM66 is better than every Stern I have except maybe LotR. The gameplay, theme integration and fun are just there in spades.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I have been on the fence about GOTG for a long time now, what is it about GOTG that has it already leaving your gamesroom?.

We have a GOTGLE and it is not going anywhere soon. Very much like BM66 the game was released with very early code. This together with some very hard shots has turned a few people off the game, plus the usual Stern haters posting their BS. We love ours. If you get a chance to go and play one do yourself a favour and have a flip. It really is a Lonnie coded game, the code reminds me very much of AVLE, and TFLE, so much so that we have our AVLE Hulk for sale. Game is a winner for us. I like it more than BM66 but not as much as TWDLE.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Lyman is working his usual magic to make BM66 a terrific game. The theme, vibrant colors, and campy humor are a lot of fun. I just bought the complete batman tv series on blu ray thanks to this machine.

My DVD’s are on the way JJ.....all i need now is a Batman66 machine!

897BE353-BAFA-4420-A23B-CA44720A74C7 (resized).jpeg

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My DVD’s are on the way JJ.....all i need now is a Batman66 machine!

Awesome! Watching those beautiful discs will make you want a BM66 even more. Such a fun theme!

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

The layout is fun but the coding is TERRIBLE. The speech is awful actor recreations and they tried to create variability by saying the same thing several different ways but it ends up just being really annoying because most of them are NOT what was said in the movie. Most of the character actors sound nothing like the actual actors. Ronan is probably the best but Gamora and Rocket (and a few others) are awful. So far, a high score is mostly obtained by getting Groot multi ball. I admit that I am not the greatest player but the ramps seem very unimportant for much of the game. It is just a turd to me. I also bought Stern Star Wars Premium at the same time and really enjoy it but BM66 is better than every Stern I have except maybe LotR. The gameplay, theme integration and fun are just there in spades.

This is a great example why Stern should make the software more complete before a public release. The things you mention about Groot multiball and the ramps has changed completely in the last updates (last one was a few days ago).

Its a completely different game now already and they are not finished with it at Stern as it is only software version 0.95

#59 1 year ago

I can’t wait to give my comparison review when my IMDNLE arrives

And ASLE too, another pin I love

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

This is a great example why Stern should make the software more complete before a public release. The things you mention about Groot multiball and the ramps has changed completely in the last updates (last one was a few days ago).
Its a completely different game now already and they are not finished with it at Stern as it is only software version 0.95

Is there any fix in sight for their terrible song choices in the pin? No? No thanks.

They cheaped out in a number of ways on GotG. I hope Iron Maiden is a return to less greedy cost-cutting at Stern.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Have you played one with recent code? 0.9 was a total revamp and it's very good now. Sucked before, I agree. Cleland fixed the voices. With recent code and Cleland sound the pin is a winner.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t wait to give my comparison review when my IMDNLE arrives
And ASLE too, another pin I love

Cant wait for your review either, although i already know what you're going to say.

BM66 theme=Winner
IMDN gameplay=Winner

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant wait for your review either, although i already know what you're going to say.
BM66 theme=Winner
IMDN gameplay=Winner

BM66 plays great, btw, another, very much overlooked part of this game....anxious to play the new shiney

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Have you played one with recent code? 0.9 was a total revamp and it's very good now. Sucked before, I agree. Cleland fixed the voices. With recent code and Cleland sound the pin is a winner.

I'll have to update it and get the Cleland sound.

#65 1 year ago

lastest GOTG code mades a significant difference.

Neil.

#66 1 year ago

GOTG is a badass game now.. 0.95 and only getting better..

#67 1 year ago

GOTG is still sitting at the kids table compared to IMDN and BM66...how did it become part of this conversation, anyway?

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

GOTG is still sitting at the kids table compared to IMDN and BM66...how did it become part of this conversation, anyway?

Magic, made it part of the conversation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside