46%
  • IMDN 89 votes
    54%

(164 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

897BE353-BAFA-4420-A23B-CA44720A74C7 (resized).jpeg
blasphemer.gif

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

We all know that Iron Maiden is awesome and something very special, but for those who have been keeping up with BM66, you know that its becoming great also.

So for those who know both games, which game do you think is better and why? Also, forget the theme please....I'm talking about gameplay, the rules/code, and the playfield design etc. Which game would you recommend?

#2 5 years ago

Id wait for the premium to compare it to bat66 but even now i think the pro maidien is better.

#3 5 years ago

BM66 is a great game. I own BM66 and have an order in for Maiden premium. Bm66 is very much an amazing game that gets lifted higher due to code and theme intergration. Maiden has more satisfying shots but seeing you got othet music pins ask what you want in your collection. Bottom line do you like maiden theme or bm66 theme. Gameplay is almost polar opposites

#4 5 years ago

Played both and owned a bm66 it’s maiden all the way not even close

#5 5 years ago

I played both games a lot now and I vote iron maiden all the way great rules and a great layout.

#6 5 years ago

I've not yet played IM but it looks great. Lucky choice to make, both games great, can't make a wrong decision. I've got a Batman 66 LE and IM Premium on order.

Neil.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

BM66 is a great game. I own BM66 and have an order in for Maiden premium. Bm66 is very much an amazing game that gets lifted higher due to code and theme intergration. Maiden has more satisfying shots but seeing you got othet music pins ask what you want in your collection. Bottom line do you like maiden theme or bm66 theme. Gameplay is almost polar opposites

Im not really trying to decide for myself, i just thought it would be a fun discussion. Theme wise i really love Batman66: its pretty much a dream theme for me but i also like Iron Maiden and actually seen them in concert. My initial thoughts are that IMDN is more fun to play and BM66 is the better theme and also a pretty good game too. I know that BM66 has been getting a ton of respect by serious players with the latest code updates, and i was just curious what peoples thoughts were on these two games.

#8 5 years ago

IMDN easily in my book.

#9 5 years ago

Interesting conversation as I'm actually contemplating both right now for a purchase. Waiting to see the Prem for Maiden though.

Batman 66 Prem or Maiden pro and I'm actually leaning towards Batman 66 right now. I have the same number of games on both and right now Batman 66 is the one I desire to play more because of the rules. With maiden I really love the shot layout but the basics of the rules has me concerned for longevity in a home environment. I have a dozen games on it and I've already seen all but the final wizard mode. Maiden almost feels like Tron to me where you can walk up to it and get to Sea of simulation regularly but getting to Portal takes a solid game.

I had completely written off Batman 66 last year but with the most recent code it's got some great risk vs reward opportunities and interesting choices that have to be made throughout game play.

#10 5 years ago

I played both on location last week and as I'm terrible at pinball I can't really speak to the code -- but as far as the shots/layout go Iron Maiden is something special. It really stood out above every machine I played that day. In fairness to BM66, it was one of the more enjoyable shooting machines for me as well so it's not really Iron maiden vs BM66, it's Iron Maiden vs every other pin at this point. It has so many satisfying shots and multi-balls right from the get go.

#11 5 years ago

Both are good and pretty forgiving, IMDN has the layout as a shooter.
BM66 wins big time on integration, but can’t justify the price new.
Too early on both, I’ll try to find a HUO BM66 at some point.

#12 5 years ago

for me its bm66. played maiden and yes it does have some very good items in the game. The music grates me after 30 secs. If you are not a fan of the music it will push u away. batman has become a very interesting game while you think the main villains are the key it really is the strategy with the sub villains that is key to the game. all very fun and campy sounds that match the era of the show. I feel that while Maiden is new and in its honey moon stage right now. the graphics on the display I feel just aren't there yet with the spike stuff. it should have been much higher quality of 3d render. feels like the 3d is from the 90s.

I think also seeing a game grow might lead to a longer keep vs here it is all done. when u finished the game there is nothing left.

only time will tell.

#13 5 years ago

Interesting vs thread as I’ve contemplated selling my SMVE for a BM66 and I have IMDN. I’m just having a hard time biting the bullet on a $7500~ BM66 that looks and feels like a pro. Great game, just overpriced IMO. For $5500~, I don’t think there’s any comparison. IMDN.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Interesting vs thread as I’ve contemplated selling my SMVE for a BM66 and I have IMDN. I’m just having a hard time biting the bullet on a $7500~ BM66 that looks and feels like a pro. Great game, just overpriced IMO. For $5500~, I don’t think there’s any comparison. IMDN.

Agree completely with the price issue. Bm66's price is a little tough to swallow.

#15 5 years ago

Batman 66 is simply awesome. I love the integration of the lcd screen with gameplay, best out there. It is incredibly fun when dialed in properly, super challenging when at the right pitch, and has that "one more game" appeal. It is great for kids too, beginners all the way up. Iron Maiden looks like it wins in the flow and adrenaline departments. I love the 4 flippers and loops on top. Wish the center target was a magnet but maybe that would just slow it down. I'm on the list for the LE but would be happy with the pro or premium. For $2k less than BM 66, the IMDN pro seems like a better value. They are so different. I'm planning to own both!

#16 5 years ago

wasn't impressed with batman 66 for the price!

#17 5 years ago

I've played both on location, for a few games each. BM66 did not have the same grab as IMDN

#18 5 years ago

Out of all the recent Sterns these two are the best pins, imo. Maiden is really special, which sets it apart. I like BM66, but not enough to buy one. I did order a Pro IMDN--never thought I would, but the game is just too good to pass up. The Premium should really be something.

#19 5 years ago

I think the one with finished code is the better of the two.

#20 5 years ago

I own both.

Right now I'd take BM66, but haven't had a ton of time on Maiden...

Here are the pros/cons IMO:
I think BM66 looks better.
I think IM has a better playfield in terms of feel.
I think right now BM66 rules are better.
They both have great music.
Anything related to the LCD BM66 wipes the floor with IM. IM LCD looks like a bad 90s cd rom adventure game.

I'll also add if you compared each of these at launch to each other, the Iron Maiden would have completely destroyed batman.

-ben

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I own both.
Right now I'd take BM66, but haven't had a ton of time on Maiden...
Here are the pros/cons IMO:
I think BM66 looks better.
I think IM has a better playfield in terms of feel.
I think right now BM66 rules are better.
They both have great music.
Anything related to the LCD BM66 wipes the floor with IM. IM LCD looks like a bad 90s cd rom adventure game.
I'll also add if you compared each of these at launch to each other, the Iron Maiden would have completely destroyed batman.
-ben

I love the BM66 LCD content, but the thing is I can never look at it while playing (at least on location). LCD content seems so compelling while watching streams, but when playing the pin I barely notice it. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that theme integration is mostly sound and light show for me (maybe toys, but a distant third).

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I love the BM66 LCD content, but the thing is I can never look at it while playing (at least on location). LCD content seems so compelling while watching streams, but when playing the pin I barely notice it. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that theme integration is mostly sound and light show for me (maybe toys, but a distant third).

Yeah I think that's fair. IMDN screen definitely not any sort of a dealbreaker.

#23 5 years ago

Lyman Sheats wins every time for me.

#24 5 years ago

Easy for me.....never liked Band themed pins. BM66 is a great game, and only getting better!!!!

#25 5 years ago

Have to say that im shocked that BM66 is in the lead, not because i think IMDN is better or anything like that but just because of all the hype that Maiden is getting right now. Its also pretty amazing that Batman was literally considered to be horrible for the longest time and now people love it. Its kind of like TWD was.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We all know that Iron Maiden is awesome and something very special, but for those who have been keeping up with BM66, you know that its becoming great also.
So for those who know both games, which game do you think is better and why? Also, forget the theme please....I'm talking about gameplay, the rules/code, and the playfield design etc. Which game would you recommend?

So different, it's impossible to compare. But I will say that Iron Maiden has a less clunky shot layout. However now that the software is finally shaping up, there's room for both in a collection, easily. Essentially Iron Maiden is SO different it will fit into pretty much any small collection with no overlap.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So different, it's impossible to compare. But I will say that Iron Maiden has a less clunky shot layout. However now that the software is finally shaping up, there's room for both in a collection, easily. Essentially Iron Maiden is SO different it will fit into pretty much any small collection with no overlap.

Both games are unbelievably awesome for sure. I love the BM66 theme but i hate the inflated price tag on it. I might just buy both games when i hit the lottery.

#28 5 years ago

I picked Iron Maiden. But the use of the LCD screen and movie clips is great in Batman66

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Both games are unbelievably awesome for sure. I love the BM66 theme but i hate the inflated price tag on it. I might just buy both games when i hit the lottery.

Just wait and pick up a used B66 Pre down the road. Only problem is B66 units wont be anything like IMDN, so maybe price wont drop as much as an IMDN pro does eventually. Who knows.

Great options to have. Cant wait to have B66LE and IMDNLE side by side in a few weeks.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just wait and pick up a used B66 Pre down the road. Only problem is B66 units wont be anything like IMDN, so maybe price wont drop as much as an IMDN pro does eventually. Who knows.
Great options to have. Cant wait to have B66LE and IMDNLE side by side in a few weeks.

Heck yeah that's going to be sweet! You have a awesome lineup of games.

#31 5 years ago

What is the price difference on BM66 compared to Sterns “cornerstone” releases? Here in the UK BM66LE was at time of release the same price (give or take a couple hundred £) as ASLE, SWLE etc

Ignoring the price because of that here in the UK, I give the vote to BM66 simply because the theme integration and rules are so good, like TWD before it Lyman is putting so much into the game that there are so many different ways to play it, the art is also gorgeous and I simply love the crane it’s one of my all time favourite toys in a pin.

#32 5 years ago

It took me a while to get over the sticker shock / money grab of BM66. The first BM66 I saw was the SLE, and I had a hard time seeing any value there. Since then I've seen and played all the models. And putting insane money aside, it's still a ripoff. It's a game I don't mind playing, but there are so many games that are much more fun. I'd never own one.

Iron Maiden, I don't like the band at all. So I really had low expectations. And I ran into a buzz saw of fun. From the first ball launch, I was amazed. This playfield is fun. There are easy shots, and tough ones, and the playfield multipliers need them all. The out of the box code was awesome. The screens were really cool, but the important info was duplicated in the inserts. Some of the flow was inanely well done. But most important, it was a blast to play.

So if it sounds like I'm comparing a mediocre game to a stunning game, it's because I am. This is a championship heavyweight boxer taking on a 98 pound kickboxer from the local gym. For the first time I'm even voting against Lyman. Even though I still don't like the band, if I'm playing pinball, Maiden wins.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Have to say that im shocked that BM66 is in the lead, not because i think IMDN is better or anything like that but just because of all the hype that Maiden is getting right now.

Pretty much tells you what you need.....if the " newest/ shiniest" cant take a big lead over the " old turd" right now? That old turd wins hands down ( sucker punched the heavyweight boxer......)

#34 5 years ago

How many people voting for Batman ‘66 have not played Iron Maiden? Going on theme Batman wins but gameplay and value Maiden crushes Batman. Batman still feels like a “pro” value game. If the pro version of Maiden is even being compared to “premium” Batman version that tells you something.

The premium Maiden machine will make Batman look like even more of a joke.

I really like the Batman machine! However, it’s not a good value in my mind.

I love the Maiden machine.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

How many people voting for Batman ‘66 have not played Iron Maiden?

It’s the same anoint of people who have played Iron Maiden that haven’t played Batman ‘66!

Gameplay value is what counts - irrespective what’s on the playfield - see TNA for example.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Gameplay value is what counts - irrespective what’s on the playfield - see TNA for example.

And the greatness of BM66 of course! What a great pinball experience. Lyman is the best.

#37 5 years ago

Lyman is working his usual magic to make BM66 a terrific game. The theme, vibrant colors, and campy humor are a lot of fun. I just bought the complete batman tv series on blu ray thanks to this machine.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Lyman is working his usual magic to make BM66 a terrific game. The theme, vibrant colors, and campy humor are a lot of fun. I just bought the complete batman tv series on blu ray thanks to this machine.

Did you get it on ebay? I would like to buy them also, how many shows are included and how much did they cost? I didnt know they sold them, i want them dammit!!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you get it on ebay? I would like to buy them also, how many shows are included and how much did they cost? I didnt know they sold them, i want them dammit!!

All 3 seasons, can't remember what i paid though.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It’s the same anoint of people who have played Iron Maiden that haven’t played Batman ‘66!

Correct!!!...by all counts of recent trends in these types of polls, new game crushes old game, period. Not happening here, and given all the fierce pushback BM66 had, I'm amazed it's even close.....I'll play iron Maiden eventually,..... not even implying it's a bad game, but won't replace BM66 for me, and won't personally own one.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

TNA is a snoozer compared to either one of these, imo.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bought it on Amazon yesterday. I ordered the UK set since it is region free and only $48, about $20 less than the US version. I think the sets are identical except for some minor packaging details like “PG” on the front cover of the UK version. All 120 episodes are included as well as lots of extras.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q6Z16F6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Here is a good review of the US set!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/103989/#Review

#43 5 years ago

Just played both for 2-3 games each...

Here's a quick 2 minute take:

* Iron Maiden is more challenging and a little cramped and requires you to really learn the shots like you have to in TZ or BK2K. It's for stronger players.

* BM66 is wide-open like a pin*bot or nine-ball. It has targets up the left side. This layout is MUCH better designed for the novice player. Outlanes are much more forgiving.

The themes couldn't be more different. I love both themes, and I think someone put a lot of heart into that LCD integration for BM66.

My preference is BM66 in terms of what I'd rather shoot/explore next... I'm not saying it's a better pin, I'm saying it's more approachable to get started right away -- and draws me in more with the LCD integration.

-mof

#44 5 years ago

I have not played IMDN so I can only speak for my love of BM66. I was not interested due to the theme and reception initially. I then played it a couple games on location and thought it seemed like a really fun layout but coding was still an issue. Then I played it a few more games with the new code and thought it was pretty fun. My wife played it at the same time and originally liked GOTG better. I ended up buying GOTG and BM66 at the same time. I am already looking to get rid of GOTG but BM66 has become a favorite in my basement. The game regularly makes me laugh and the LCD integration is better than anything else; even TH. My wife tends to have one pin that she plays exclusively. This was LOTR first, then MM and now BM66. I'd say she has great taste.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

My wife played it at the same time and originally liked GOTG better. I ended up buying GOTG and BM66 at the same time. I am already looking to get rid of GOTG but BM66 has become a favorite in my basement.

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I have been on the fence about GOTG for a long time now, what is it about GOTG that has it already leaving your gamesroom?

Totally agree about BM66 it instantly became the favourite of the family just something about the game that hooks newcomers and pinheads alike.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I have been on the fence about GOTG for a long time now, what is it about GOTG that has it already leaving your gamesroom?

I'm going to bet poor and fairly lackluster coding.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

TNA is a snoozer compared to either one of these, imo.

blasphemer.gifblasphemer.gif

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally agree about BM66 it instantly became the favourite of the family just something about the game that hooks newcomers and pinheads alike.

Just get off of the GOTG fence and buy IMDN. All of the cool kids are playing Maiden right now!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just get off of the GOTG fence and buy IMDN. All of the cool kids are playing Maiden right now!

But the cooler kids have both

#50 5 years ago

my take is B66 much more appealing regarding theme and theme integration. That being said, and even if Lyman did huge code improvements, he can't completely save the poor design of this game. Never played Maiden but sincerely the layout is 2 or 3 grades over B66's one. unfortunately, Maiden theme is a dung for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
Trade
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66-vs-imdn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.