• Elvira 3 28 votes
    35%
  • Iron Maiden premium 27 votes
    34%
  • Deadpool premium 10 votes
    13%

(79 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Of these three, pick which one has the best...

-Rules
-Gameplay (shots, layout).
-Looks, Light-show, Toys.
-Best (favorite) overall.

#2 3 years ago

Rules: Elvira
Gameplay: Maiden
Looks/Toys: Elvira
Favorite: Maiden (by a very narrow margin over Elvira, which catches up with every code update)

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Favorite: Maiden (by a very narrow margin over Elvira, which catches up with every code update)

100% agree, except I already like Elvira better.

#4 3 years ago

Elvira is the best of the 3. Maiden is fine but I think dedicated music pins are bad for homeownership unless you’re a super fan or have a large collection. It’s like hearing the same song on the radio too much. What you used to enjoy starts wearing on you. Elvira is fun and adult themed. You won’t get that in Batman.

#5 3 years ago

Also wanted to ask if the Maiden premium is necessary (over the pro version)?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nope! Had an LE for 2 years. Miss it for sure. Next one would be a pro.

#7 3 years ago

Rules: 3-way tie
Best: Elvira if you're in a humorous mood, Maiden if you're in a metal mood

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Make sure you ask around on that one. I had a Premium and the mech ramp, the captive ball and the additional song mode went a long way toward making the Prem worth it IMO

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Make sure you ask around on that one. I had a Premium and the mech ramp, the captive ball and the additional song mode went a long way toward making the Prem worth it IMO

Agreed!

#10 3 years ago

-Rules: Maiden. So much to accomplish and really takes advantage of the variety of things to shoot for.

-Gameplay: Maiden. Orbit shots never get old. Batman 66 is a close second. I find them both more interesting to shoot than Elvira's layout, which is just missing something for me.

-Looks, Light-show, Toys: Batman 66. I'm not real big on 'toys', but I'd say Batman 66 has the most interesting features with the spinning area on the playfield and the crane. Appearance-wise, all three look great, but maybe Batman is the slight winner.

-Best (favorite) overall: Maiden, with Batman 66 a close 2nd. Elvira is a killer theme and arguably the best looking pin but they're all close as far as looks are concerned (I went with Batman in that category.) I just think the other two have much more going on. I will say however, the LCD animation on Maiden is my least favorite of the 3. Tie between Elvira and Batman in that regard. Can't beat those movie and TV clips.

Just an additional note, I think Deadpool's layout is better than all of these. But that theme does nothing for me.

Best of luck on your decision.

#11 3 years ago

Batman all the way on everything. IM cool, but short lived at home. Elvira, good and all, but Batman toys and shots better than. Plus, in terms of fun, Batman is the best of the 3.

#12 3 years ago

All 3 are great pins, I’d be thrilled with anyone of them.

#13 3 years ago

-Rules Maiden
-Gameplay (shots, layout). Maiden
-Looks, Light-show, Toys. Elvira
-Best (favorite) overall. Maiden

Elvira at .95 code will catch Maiden eventually i am sure. Elwin is king atm would also consider a JP2. I would go a Maiden prem or LE over a pro any day of the week. Maiden LE the sound helps that game big time add a subby.
Just got an Elvira so am only playing that at the moment and the code is fantastic already simpler game but with deep code. Maiden harder and deep code also.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I think Deadpool's layout is better than all of these.

I was thinking about DP as well love the theme.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Absolutely prem is better. Owned pro first, loved it, played prem, sold pro few days later.

#16 3 years ago

Looks, lightshow, toys, (music): Elvira

Overall: Elvira

If you like the theme and music, Maiden is amazing, including lightshow and toys. I think the gameplay is up there with the best ever. I have only played on location so the ruleset may be top notch. DP ranks second in cat 1, 3 and 4. I would buy BM66 over Maiden, (so totally personal taste!)

#17 3 years ago

Maiden is pure fast and fun to play but lacks toys and plays too much in the middle, still wish it had more in it besides the great amount of Total and different kinds of shots, the video images work quite well and sounds effects besides just the songs. This is a game that big points can finally be accomplished unlike other low scoring Stern recent made games. FYI, wish it had toys like Metallica but like Maiden music way more and pushed for this game to be made for years.

Batman 66 uses video & clips images the best and layout is fun to play as well with most toys. Priced too high but fun.

Elvira 3 I had so much hope. Nice amount of shots, video images do nothing for me or the clips, missing the humor of Scared Stiff.

Deadpool have not played, but not into the movies or comic book movies. Curious to play someday.

#18 3 years ago

Imo...
1. bm66
2. Imdn
3.dp
4. Elvira
All great games. No losers here.

#19 3 years ago

Maiden first,
DP & BM tied for second,
Don’t care for Elvira

#20 3 years ago

If you like to entertain, I think Elvira as a theme has the broadest appeal.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

If you like to entertain, I think Elvira as a theme has the broadest appeal.

Blech. I just don't understand that. Maybe I'm too young to appreciate Elvira.

And yet, Batman 66 is not getting the love I would have expected. That game is so good!

#22 3 years ago

Man... This is a tough one, because I own both EHOH and an Maiden Prem. Both of those are dream themes for me, so I will be pretty biased when it comes to how I talk about both of those!!!!!!
I also want to own a Batman 66(preferably catwoman edition) one day.

As for art, all 3 have one of the best art packages ever. Can't go wrong with any of them. Its really a 3 way tie. I do prefer sex appeal, so Batman and EHOH have that in spades, but I love Eddie and I love Iron Maiden and while not sexy its about the coolest thing ever for me. So 3 way tie.

Code...
As of right now I think Iron Maiden has the best code. And I think for me. Even though EHOH code is becoming amazing and super deep, and Batman 66 is super deep as well, I'm going to go with IM!!!! The reason is Batman 66 has a lot of things that while cool and unique I don't really enjoy about code, and perhaps even too deep for my tastes. Not saying that its a bad thing. But, I think Maiden is a nice mesh of old school design with modern elements in it. And the modes really stand out and have a personality, and they feel unique and do a great job implementing the various shots.

EHOH I don't feel that way. To me its just this is lit then shoot the next one. Then the next. No real personality to the modes. But, I do love the fact that it has non mode scoring in it like, unhappy hour and drive me crazy.
Batman 66 I'm not too familiar with the code, but I always love shooting it!!!! You can't go wrong with any of these, but Maiden goes more right!!!

Layout...
Iron Maiden has the best layout. Its a unique layout, that also is really smooth and fun. Very challenging as the ramps are some of hte harder ramps I've come across in my playing. They look so simple and easy... But, you really got to get dialed in to hit them consistently. Its possible and when you are the game feels so good.
EHOH I like the layout, but it is a standard fan layout. So while its amazing and I think shoots great. Its something we've seen before.
Batman 66 is a little unique, but its a bit clunky. Nothing wrong with that. Its very fun to shoot, but a bit clunk fest.

Mechs or toys. Maiden doesn't have any. It has sculpts... But, I still think the sculpt for piece of mind wasn't designed properly. To see any detail you'd have to look at it from the underneath angle... I get the pose is hunched over, but they could and should have tweaked it to where more detail is visible in the sculpt. A very rookie mistake.
As an artist should know how their work is being displayed and adjust it accordingly... For instance Michelangelo's David has huge HANDS(and we know its not true what they say about huge hands as he's naked!!!), but that was because he was meant to be displayed up high on a building top. So the hands had to be slightly out of proportion for them to register from teh distance and angle.
Still not convinced... Well. Got one that is AMERICAN for ya. The Lincoln Monument the artist designed it with a certain type of light in mind. And when he saw it light up(or in his case not light up) he was appalled at how it looked and he demanded they put in lights to make it match his vision. Of course he directed and instructed where the lights would be. This all matters. And the sculpts on Maiden were lazily designed.

Batman 66 has toys. The crane of course. Interesting toy. But, also the batcave, and the phone and the tv. Those are nice.
But, EHOH has the house and the crypt and those are some of the coolest toys in modern pinball. Not the coolest as that goes to the T-rex from JPark and also runner up the black Knight from SOR. Still... EHOH really enhances the theme and wins on the toys.

Music... Well Iron Maiden wins for me. THey're my favorite band of all time. Seen them 6 times live. But, EHOH has nice music that fits gameplay too.

Light show... I don't know man. I'm easily impressed with light shows. I was impressed by my Night Moves light show. So I don't know. I only know a bad light show when I see one. Otherwise I'm like... WOW A YELLOW CAR!!!!!!

FUN! I think its a 3 way tie. All games are really fun. At least to me.

So. Which game is the best. I'd say barely Iron Maiden wins out. But, you can't lose between any of these games. I love my EHOH and its really going to be a great game when the code is finished.

Its looking like its going to either be a Ghostbusters or a Batman 66 as my next pin purchase. So I mean... I really do want a batman and I plan on getting one eventually. Just a great theme, great looking game, and plays great!

#23 3 years ago

For what it's worth , I like the old horror movie video clips and I like the music in Elvira .
But it's a personal opinion , go for whatever grabs you the most .

#24 3 years ago

I have played Elvira the least of these pins and maybe it was early code, but I wasn't a huge fan of the pin at that time, maybe it'll grow on me.

Maiden is my favorite layout followed by DP.

DP was the funniest imo.

I thought BM66 always felt clunky and the turntable was not my favorite (but could have been poor set up on location), but the theme and video display is the best.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have played Elvira the least of these pins and maybe it was early code, but I wasn't a huge fan of the pin at that time, maybe it'll grow on me.
Maiden is my favorite layout followed by DP.
DP was the funniest imo.
I thought BM66 always felt clunky and the turntable was not my favorite (but could have been poor set up on location), but the theme and video display is the best.

Elvira sucked at first. At about revision .93 of the code it flipped over and became really fun - now it is outSTANDING.

#26 3 years ago

Elvira easily...Maiden is decent but feels cheap and has zero toys. BM66 once again feels cheap and although it has ok toys it doesn't shoot well in my opinion. Elvira will only get a better (with code) and is looking like a genuine top 5 game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
11,855 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66-vs-elvira-3-vs-maiden-?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.