• Batman 66 88 votes
    53%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1E2D3C29-F10E-417F-9C1F-000F2E37587E (resized).jpeg
1D181F68-C984-4AC7-9F35-82F8EE07A5EE (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I would really appreciate some input, here. I am considering these two NIB pins (or I could possibly put an additional $1500 towards a JJPOTC Standard, but am a little hesitant). I have only played a couple of games on BM66 and a couple on DP Pro, and none on recent code. I keep reading how far each of these games has come since release, and am wondering which one you would pick. The themes are about even to me. Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

Owned both. Still own DP. BOOM!

#3 4 years ago

Deadpool does seem like the smoother shooting pin. Is that the consensus?
How do the depth of rules compare?

#4 4 years ago

Never seen any of the Deadpool movies. DPLE is currently a favorite in my collection.

#5 4 years ago

Batman is fantastic. It is smooth as you figure out how to play it, and the code is very deep, with many ways to approach it. Deadpool is fun too, but doesn’t keep me coming back.

#6 4 years ago

You need both.

#7 4 years ago

Deadpool is based off of the comics, not the movie. Voiceovers by Nolan North who also did the Deadpool video game and is great! Batman 66 is very nostalgic. I grew up in the 80’s but literally watched re-runs every night, so it gets me in the feels. Love both games and BM66 is joining DP Prem next week. Can’t go wrong with either. Both have great artwork, really good theme integration, and great code where they stand today. Only played BM66 on location (at least 100+ times) and can’t wait to have it at home. DP gets played daily, so very tough choice. Don’t really see either for sale used, so that seems to be a good sign as well that both are keepers...

#8 4 years ago

Basically, what fuseholder said.

#9 4 years ago

Both are great. Very tough decision. Slight edge to Deadpool because of the unique shots. Fun game to shoot. Code depth win goes to Batman 66. It's a little clunky and catwoman plays a little slow but everything else about the game and code to me is fantastic.

#10 4 years ago

I like them both, but Batman ‘66 is better
In fact, IMO it’s Sterns best ever pinball
BTW, why is Deadpool Premium and Deadpool LE rated independently on the top 100?
I thought Premiums/LEs get grouped together

#11 4 years ago

BM is deeper but DP shoots better and is more fun. Sold my BM to get DP and months later I’m still super happy and don’t really miss it.

But that’s just me... lots of people swear by BM and I did it enjoy while I had it. Just got tired of rage quitting every time I couldn’t pull off the big points minor villain mode stacks.

#12 4 years ago

For me I vote Batman 66.

#13 4 years ago

I have BM and getting a DP Pro. I went back and forth on Prem or Pro..... I think they are both great games and look forward to having them both in my collection.

#14 4 years ago

B66LE & DPLE owner here,I have mine set up side by side! 2 killer pins!

#15 4 years ago

I really like BM66. Theme has a lot to do with that but it is a lot of fun. Layout is a bit clunky so that could be a turnoff. I cannot get into DP probably because not a fan of that character. Fans for DP are growing so best to play both games more to see what you like.

#16 4 years ago

DP pro earns like a mother!
I really wonder what BM66 would do...

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

B66LE & DPLE owner here,I have mine set up side by side! 2 killer pins!

Post a photo here.

#18 4 years ago

66!

1D181F68-C984-4AC7-9F35-82F8EE07A5EE (resized).jpeg1D181F68-C984-4AC7-9F35-82F8EE07A5EE (resized).jpeg
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

But that’s just me... lots of people swear by BM and I did it enjoy while I had it. Just got tired of rage quitting every time I couldn’t pull off the big points minor villain mode stacks.

I agree 100%. Just replaced B66 with POTC LE for this very reason - I’d keep starting games over and over until I managed the Bookworm/Freeze combo on ball one... then I’d normally screw up the rest of the game once I had it! There’s countless ways to play the game but that stack eclipses them all if you’re going for points.

#20 4 years ago

Thanks for all the comments. Great to hear good things about both games. Y’all have me considering buying a BM66 and a DP Pro, and selling TNA.

#21 4 years ago

I’ve bought two new games at the same time and feel like I can’t give either the attention it needs. Pick one and then get the other down the line!

#22 4 years ago

I almost slept under BM66 last night.
Having too much fun

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’ve bought two new games at the same time and feel like I can’t give either the attention it needs. Pick one and then get the other down the line!

This 100%!

#24 4 years ago

I would say this, if you like a deep and challenging game go with Batman. If you're more casual player, then Deadpool. Either is a great choice.

#25 4 years ago

Played both and owned one of them being Batman 66 and it’s not even close here Deadpool is way better in every way

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

..Y’all have me considering buying a BM66 and a DP Pro, and selling TNA.

That's exactly what you need to do. No question

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Thanks for all the comments. Great to hear good things about both games. Y’all have me considering buying a BM66 and a DP Pro, and selling TNA.

I had TNA before I got B66, and I still have TNA after selling B66. Just saying.

#28 4 years ago

One is coded by Lyman

#29 4 years ago

I own and really enjoy both games.
At this point, I prefer the depth & code of BM66 and find it can be strategically played a few different ways.
DP has to be set up near perfect IMO to have the Katana ramp flow seamlessly. I love the left orbit to lifting ramp- very smooth; and the rules have come a long ways from initial launch.
For theme, as always, it comes down to personal choice. I dig both and think they’re each enjoyable in their own right.
I would play both and start with the one which immediately resonates with you.

#30 4 years ago

Both!

1E2D3C29-F10E-417F-9C1F-000F2E37587E (resized).jpeg1E2D3C29-F10E-417F-9C1F-000F2E37587E (resized).jpeg
#31 4 years ago

Is DP prem much better than the pro?

#32 4 years ago

Deadpool LE has been my favorite game since I purchased it and I’ve bought JJP POTC and a White Water since then. Just added a Batman 66 LE today, I hope it lives up to DP.

#33 4 years ago

The poll is favoring Batman, but there definitely seem to be more compelling arguments in the comments for Deadpool. It looks like I can’t go wrong with either, but I’m going to give the nod to Batman.
Hopefully I can bring myself to sell a pin and get in the market for DP later this summer. Thanks, all.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I agree 100%. Just replaced B66 with POTC LE for this very reason - I’d keep starting games over and over until I managed the Bookworm/Freeze combo on ball one... then I’d normally screw up the rest of the game once I had it! There’s countless ways to play the game but that stack eclipses them all if you’re going for points.

This kid destroys the game and no mr freeze was seen that day. You can play bot many ways with success.

4 months later
#35 4 years ago

I’m seriously in this same boat right now. I’ve only played DP pro but would get a Prem. It this or a cat woman edition and I can’t pull the trigger on either yet. Jurassic Park is a distant 3rd as well.

3 months later
#36 4 years ago

Deadpool all the way not even close and Jurassic Park is ok but not as good as Deadpool

#37 4 years ago

Own both, wouldn't give up either. BM66 is more straight forward and plays like a '90s machine, albeit with video clips and more modes. Deadpool is definitely more unique with the katana ball lock and the tricky shot that gets you there, the disco loop that leads to a right flipper return on the Prem/LE, and the Deadpool bash toy/drop targets front and center. Gun to my head I'd pick Deadpool, but it's very close.

#38 4 years ago

50/50. U can't go wrong

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Deadpool all the way not even close and Jurassic Park is ok but not as good as Deadpool

You're wrong - Jurassic Park PreLe > B66 >>> DP .

#40 4 years ago

Disclaimer: I’ve owned DP Pre for a couple of months now and I’m not getting it. Solid, but it’s just not wowing me. What am I missing?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Disclaimer: I’ve owned DP Pre for a couple of months now and I’m not getting it. Solid, but it’s just not wowing me. What am I missing?

I think the thing I love about the game is the team ups, the game makes you shoot the entire playfield (I absolutely love that), the game makes you feel like you’re fighting mystic, sabretooth and juggernaut. Mech suit multiball is fun. It’s just fun to me. I need to get some time on JP2 with a working right flipper but I love me some DP. Oh and disco multiball is cool too

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You're wrong - Jurassic Park PreLe > B66 >>> DP .

To each their own but I really just think jp is just missing something to it; I just can get into it for some reason

#43 4 years ago

Nib catwoman versions are chipping art off playfields.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

To each their own but I really just think jp is just missing something to it; I just can get into it for some reason

Of course. It’s all 100% subjective.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I think the thing I love about the game is the team ups, the game makes you shoot the entire playfield (I absolutely love that), the game makes you feel like you’re fighting mystic, sabretooth and juggernaut. Mech suit multiball is fun. It’s just fun to me. I need to get some time on JP2 with a working right flipper but I love me some DP. Oh and disco multiball is cool too

Wanna buy mine Audioenslaved ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bm66-vs-dp-premium-poll?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.